This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOULD AUTO FARMING BE ALLOWED?

Yes, yes. You might not agree with the the title so that's why I've listed some of my ideas that I THINK will happen if Auto Farming will be allowed in Growtopia. (Note: This is just an opinion and nor do I consider myself authorized to choose whether auto farming should be legal)

PROS:
    1. PLAYERS WILL COME BACK
    Since Auto Farming is (if) allowed, lots of players who have already quitted because of their items being scammed, they will be encouraged to play again because auto farming is one of VARIOUS ways to profit. Just sit back, afk, and earn gems.
    2. NEWBIES WILL BE HAPPY
    New players have 1 ULTIMATE GOAL in growtopia. BE RICH. This is a proven fact, If you visit the world START and ask players if they want to get rich, that's an obvious answer. Since auto farming is (if) allowed, newbies can now get rich without having to stress their fingers out, spend hours of play time just ending up getting scammed, and plenty more.
    3. SCAMMING WILL BE ELIMINATED
    Yes folks, you heard it right. THE ONE THING THAT MAKES US PLAYERS QUIT. Scamming will now be eliminated because scammers have now an alternate option to get rich INSTANTLY, instead of scamming. They will now switch from scamming to auto farming.

CONS:
    1.GROWTOPIA'S ECONOMY WILL INFLATE
    If auto farming will be allowed, every item that is from the gem store will now be available TO all and that would cause such items to drop. This is the only con I have thought of.

And yet, I may be wrong and everyone may think Im a complete idiot but until then, I stand by my case.
    Just a normal growtopian who's will is to have a will.
    IGN:YAMZIE

Ahh yes! Allowing autofarming will stop scamming for SURE!
    Suggestions:

Maximum Purchase personal setting

Suggestion box with many items

Comment

that's alot of words for "i want to auto"
      IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

Is this a serious thread or?
        I can name like 20 other cons :/
        Real woof-woof king.
        I own BUYUPGRADE
        (Upgrade your ancestrals/starship for cheap there).

Pufferfish is cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Yamzie View Post
          Yes folks, you heard it right. THE ONE THING THAT MAKES US PLAYERS QUIT. Scamming will now be eliminated because scammers have now an alternate option to get rich INSTANTLY, instead of scamming. They will now switch from scamming to auto farming.
          A wise man once told me at some point in my Growtopian career:

"Do not underestimate the nefariousness of the Growtopia community."
          - Misthios

And since then, it has stuck with me.
          This is Sumo. He's just a random level 72 Growtopian.

That's it. What else d'you wanna know?

Comment

Welcome to the Growtopia Watchlist. Also lol
            Please do support my quest to justice:

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...nd-support-now

Profile picture by Joni2

Comment

Yes, yes. You might not agree with the the title so that's why I've listed some of my ideas that I THINK will happen if Auto Farming will be allowed in Growtopia. (Note: This is just an opinion and nor do I consider myself authorized to choose whether auto farming should be legal)

PROS:
              Since Auto Farming is (if) allowed, lots of players who have already quitted because of their items being scammed, they will be encouraged to play again because auto farming is one of VARIOUS ways to profit. Just sit back, afk, and earn gems.
              2. NEWBIES WILL BE HAPPY
              New players have 1 ULTIMATE GOAL in growtopia. BE RICH. This is a proven fact, If you visit the world START and ask players if they want to get rich, that's an obvious answer. Since auto farming is (if) allowed, newbies can now get rich without having to stress their fingers out, spend hours of play time just ending up getting scammed, and plenty more.

CONS:
              If auto farming will be allowed, every item that is from the gem store will now be available TO all and that would cause such items to drop. This is the only con I have thought of.

And yet, I may be wrong and everyone may think Im a complete idiot but until then, I stand by my case.
              this thread shows how lazy you are, and in short term "I want to autofarm"
              IGN: Dreiiiiiii
              MAIN WORLD: Dreiii
              GUILD: Criminal (GL)

"No good water comes from a muddy spring. No sweet fruit comes from a bitter seed."

Comment

PROS:
                2. NEWBIES WILL BE HAPPY

CONS:

Sorry to say dude, but auto farming just isn't exactly fair and that's why it was removed in the first place. Auto farmers can break all their farmables with almost no effort whatsoever, whereas we regular players would have to work hard and even countless hours just to break blocks, plant and harvest trees.

Also, auto farming has been overruled because it violates a big rule in the Growtopian code, which is hacking. And by using bots, scripts or programs to automate game functions, you are clearly abusing this primary rule. If auto farming we're to be made permissible, then they would have to allow bots as well, which won't be such a good idea! .

Allright, so I guess many other players might have been forced to leave forever after they have been banned for auto farming. However, it really doesn't matter. We are in no need of such players in the community. After all, quality is way better than quantity.
                IGN - MineDeath

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor .

Instagram:
                Instagram Link!
                Discord:
                Discord Link!

Comment

I also forgot to say, auto-farming involves macro and bots, so there's no way it could be legalized. Using macros/bots also violates Ubisoft ToS and EULA, so that's the nail in the coffin.
                  This is Sumo. He's just a random level 72 Growtopian.

That's it. What else d'you wanna know?

Comment

This doesn't actually make sense though.

Lets see, what do you need to autofarm?

A magplant/UT+Gaia. (I know there are other ways, but those do require pretty consistent monitoring+set up and so aren't fully "auto"

And how many of your "Newbies" can afford these?

Also, if everyone is "rich", are they really considered rich anymore?

Also you seem to be forgetting the most important point, Ubisoft is a company. They WANT people to "get rich and stress their fingers out" and "spend hours of play time" on their game. Its what games want to do, keep you online and playing as long as possible. It shouldn't be a "Sit back and relax while literally doing nothing" kind of thing, after all, where's the fun in that??
                    Discord: Ctjh#0099

Comment

Originally posted by ctjh View Post
                      This doesn't actually make sense though.

Lets see, what do you need to autofarm?

A magplant/UT+Gaia. (I know there are other ways, but those do require pretty consistent monitoring+set up and so aren't fully "auto"

And how many of your "Newbies" can afford these?

Also, if everyone is "rich", are they really considered rich anymore?

Also you seem to be forgetting the most important point, Ubisoft is a company. They WANT people to "get rich and stress their fingers out" and "spend hours of play time" on their game. Its what games want to do, keep you online and playing as long as possible. It shouldn't be a "Sit back and relax while literally doing nothing" kind of thing, after all, where's the fun in that??
                      ^^

I mean really? Theres 50% who won't ever understand how to autofarm. So 50% have taken up the autofarm and gain free gems?
                      "I gave you a plan, I gave you success. STOP THROWING IT AWAY!" - Chill Cultivator

My Youtube Channel

Latest video:

Comment

Should I even be surprised at this point?
                        I despise hyprocrites

IGN: Yokatta
                        Main world: Killer8dk

Great. Exams got delayed to next year. Now I'm back.
                        Originally posted by Starkos
                        Don't be cynical - you'll find life's a lot brighter.

Comment

Hey Growtopians,

As we have already stated many times before, Auto-farming is a serious offense and a big issue in the game, that affects the game's economy. We understand your points to an extent, but this is unfortunately not a solution and anyone who is auto-farming will be permanently suspended.

Also since this thread does not talk about the game updates, I will be moving it to the Everything else sub-forum. Thanks
                          ~ HuffleWitz

Comment

Ah yes, let's print infinite money so everyone will be rich.

Comment

If auto farming were to be allowed, then Growtopia would be treated like some clicker-tycoon idle game and would no longer be the social MMO it was always supposed to be.
                              IGN: Kuishie

i make art thats it :3

Comment

Working...
                              X