Toxic & Facts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deftera View Post
    Don't let your hopes up, I did that a bunch of years ago and nothing could be changed
    That was "a bunch of years ago," but the time is now.
    We can do it.
    IGN: Gesine
    Level: 63
    Forumer Since: Sept. 5, 2014.

----------------------------------------
    Support: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/games/5847?platform=9

Comment

Originally posted by GHAST
      Ok but why?
      It's just not.
      My heart belongs to Mistie 💘
      I love her so so much eee
      how do I add back my sigpic
      Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Comment

Originally posted by DynPlaysGT View Post
        It's just not.
        It hurts my feelings!
        Last edited by GHAST; 06-16-2020, 04:49 PM.
        [MVP++] GhastK [G]

Instagram
        wait.. this isn't hypixel

Comment

Originally posted by GHAST
          Ok but why?
          Originally posted by GHAST View Post
          Well aslong you can’t come up with why it’s bad, it’s not.
          Come on now — you know why it is bad.
          Originally posted by tson
          *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
          Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
          The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

Contact Info:

Comment

1st sentence seems very toxic to me, therefore the thread is bad~
            Make your opinion heard! Make a Tier List of cosmetic IOTMs to help me gather data! Click Me

Comment

Rated this thread 1* next time eat blooming purple moss clumps to remove toxins

Bad streams or videos of mine

Comment

Bad thread. Just find better friends. Learn to ignore those toxic people.
                IGN: YourCrustyHD
                Lvl: 65/125
                Growtokens: 45/100
                DLs: 12/100 (spent on stuff)
                Gems: 987,000/5,000,000
                Last edited: 5/19/20

Comment

Would it help if you try to look onto the bright side
                  Originally posted by Yasuo
                  *Hasagi*
                  Originally posted by AlsoYasuo
                  *Soryegadon*

Comment

Originally posted by gesine View Post
                    I will say that yes, the community is toxic.. but it's really up to us to do something about it.
                    If we're just gonna sit here and wait, nothing will change.
                    I don't want to sound like one of those overly optimistic people, but I am one of those haha.

If you don't like it, set up meetings, get organized, make a plan.
                    People seem to talk about these things, but don't actually take action to make a difference.
                    Go out of your way to help a player, give a gift, connect, build a friendship.

Most players focus on the economy and WLs, and that's fine.
                    Because finding genuine people is hard, but that's where you come in and be that genuine person that people look for.
                    I'm totally in to make a change and if there's anyone who wants to go on board with me, let's do it.
                    really what do you think we can do about it? ban the toxic players from existence? tell them to stop being toxic? they'll just call you a noob and leave. You can be optimistic just be reasonable, nothing is going to change and there's nothing we can do.

and giving them gifts, world locks or anything is a bad idea, if a level 9 player wearing ripper wings is spamming "pls pro donat" you dont give them world locks, you tell them to Ƒuck off and earn their own world locks. Sure you can help someone if theyre not being toxic and actually have a brain, you can even become friends with them but that requires that they're not a total idiot and how does that get rid of the toxic people? it doesn't.

Comment

you can say the same to A LOT of games. considering how this game is run by a majority of 12 to 14 years old kids who are ignorant. There is no doubt such toxicity is oftenly seen but you can bring in any popular game and it's mostly the same. Also you can't say "literally 95%" without any actual statistic with pure assumption.
                      IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

Whoa this thread became more popular than I thought it would be!
                        Last edited by GHAST; 06-16-2020, 04:50 PM.
                        [MVP++] GhastK [G]

Instagram

Comment

hehehehehehheh
                          Last edited by GHAST; 06-16-2020, 04:50 PM.
                          [MVP++] GhastK [G]

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Thicc Boi View Post
                            really what do you think we can do about it? ban the toxic players from existence? tell them to stop being toxic? they'll just call you a noob and leave. You can be optimistic just be reasonable, nothing is going to change and there's nothing we can do.

and giving them gifts, world locks or anything is a bad idea, if a level 9 player wearing ripper wings is spamming "pls pro donat" you dont give them world locks, you tell them to Ƒuck off and earn their own world locks. Sure you can help someone if theyre not being toxic and actually have a brain, you can even become friends with them but that requires that they're not a total idiot and how does that get rid of the toxic people? it doesn't.
                            Alright, I understand the issue that you have raised and trust me when I saw that we can do something about it.
                            Of course, there are many immature players who may be trolls, newbies, rule-breakers etc. but that is why we are here.
                            I have never, in my history of playing Growtopia, EVER met a player who was kind enough to explain things to me.
                            Whenever I catch someone doing something bad, I always let them know that it's against the rules and it's not right.

We, the older players and everyone who wants to see a change, should be educating others on what things are okay to do and what are not.
                            Most people don't even read the rules or simply don't care, but if we don't even TRY to explain the problem then nothing will happen.
                            Even with ignorant players who pay no mind to the issue, we can at least help them become aware of it.
                            If not, reporting is the best that we can do.

We can't ban every "toxic" player, but we can help them be guided to a better path.
                            People aren't "toxic" for no reason and we even have to figure out what it even means to be toxic.
                            If we can get to the core of the problem, we can take steps to fix it.
                            Furthermore, at the end of the day it's up to the player and what decisions they make to do something.

What you said in the beginning of your statement, about "they'll just call you a noob and leave."
                            The thing is, if we as a collective all stand up and put kindness first, they will then see what kind of impact we're making.
                            If this can become a global thing where all of us actually get together, they will then have to decide which side they want to be on.

It's crazy because this can be applied to real life as well.
                            If no one stands up first, then no one else will.
                            Most people are followers, but someone has to become a leader first and that's us, seriously.
                            And of course it's going to take work, a lot of work, but it's better than giving up.
                            IGN: Gesine
                            Level: 63
                            Forumer Since: Sept. 5, 2014.

----------------------------------------
                            Support: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/games/5847?platform=9

Comment

Alright, I understand the issue that you have raised and trust me when I saw that we can do something about it.
                              Of course, there are many immature players who may be trolls, newbies, rule-breakers etc. but that is why we are here.
                              I have never, in my history of playing Growtopia, EVER met a player who was kind enough to explain things to me.
                              Whenever I catch someone doing something bad, I always let them know that it's against the rules and it's not right.

We, the older players and everyone who wants to see a change, should be educating others on what things are okay to do and what are not.
                              Most people don't even read the rules or simply don't care, but if we don't even TRY to explain the problem then nothing will happen.
                              Even with ignorant players who pay no mind to the issue, we can at least help them become aware of it.

We can't ban every "toxic" player, but we can help them be guided to a better path.
                              People aren't "toxic" for no reason and we even have to figure out what it even means to be toxic.
                              Furthermore, at the end of the day it's up to the player and what decisions they make to do something.

What you said in the beginning of your statement, about "they'll just call you a noob and leave."
                              The thing is, if we as a collective all stand up and put kindness first, they will then see what kind of impact we're making.
                              If this can become a global thing where all of us actually get together, they will then have to decide which side they want to be on.

Most people are followers, but someone has to become a leader first and that's us, seriously.
                              And of course it's going to take work, a lot of work, but it's better than giving up.
                              Optimistic does not even aptly describe what you are proposing; Panglossian, naive — both much better descriptors.

I despise this notion that people can change if we just “put in the work” because that is simply not true. There is no threshold that can quantify and overcome human stubbornness. If someone simply wants to act like an unscrupulous, dogmatic child, they have every tool necessary by means of anonymity to do so, and we cannot, no matter how hard we try, coerce them to change. This is countless times evidenced just within our game by the flavor-of-the-month “let’s be nice to each other” initiatives, which, evidently, all disband or fade into irrelevancy within a month or two, having done nothing. This game has a capitalistic objective, so there is literally no incentive to be a nice player unless one aims to become a moderator or actually has some moral principles.

If anyone wants to make the community better, they should do what they can do: be a decent human being and make small impacts. The large-scale ethics policing has been tried, and unsurprisingly, it is a massive turn-off to reform even when work actually gets done. Reform is a decision one has to make themselves, and it certainly cannot be forced by some mob-mentality critics.
                              Originally posted by tson
                              *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
                              Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
                              The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

Contact Info:

Comment

I agree with pretty much everything ohlid said.

also everyone who's breaking the rules know's what they're doing, telling them to stop won't work, like I said and a lot of the toxic people may not even be breaking any rules. They may just be annoying or braindead which unfortunately isnt illegal. You said we have to define what makes someone toxic, well here's a true story about a toxic player:
                                So I go to the world "Guild" to recruit members to my guild and I clearly say you have to contribute if you want to join my guild, some indonesian level 9 kid who doesn't even have a growid and is wearing ripperwings comes up to me and says "me join" which isnt even proper english, it pisses me off when people can't speak english, if you can't speak english you shouldn't play the game. anyways I already know he doesnt contribute but go along with it anyway, I ask him to name the tiers of the anomalizing tools so I know he's not trying to leech, he doesnt say a thing, I politely tell him to answer my question and he says "what" I think to myself "maybe he didnt hear me the first time" and ask the question again then... he just walks away and goes to talk to someone else, at that point im reallly starting to get pissed off so I follow him and tell him to answer the Ƒucking question not so politely this time and guess what he just leaves the world after that I just lose it and I go on a 2 minute long rant about how this playerbase is full of toxic braindead spastics like him, one guy who can actually speak english surprisingly and is kind of polite agrees with me, we talked about how the playerbase is full of annoying 6 year olds and how toxic it is and he told me the growtopia forums are more mature and the people there arent retarded, and thats how I joined the forums. People like the noob in this story are what make this community so awful, they're the same people who scam and they can't be reasoned with. They're 6 year olds, theyre stupid and don't care about other people they only want world locks so they can flex on their friends and they will scam to get those wls.
                                Last edited by Thicc Boi; 06-16-2020, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X