Toxic & Facts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GHAST View Post
    Yes, toxic players are in every game, even irl. But from all games I have played, gt has the most & worst toxic players.

Judging by people not lying, there is what I have seen many people 16+ that are also toxic asf, and it's no different from the people who are 12-14.

Fair, literally 95% is not actual statics, but a big majority of the people are toxic as I really really barely see any nice people.
    Growtopia is widely different from many games, Growtopia lets you easily communicate with EVERY player ever at any given time. Most games are split into subserves, groups and basically impossible to tell everyone online anything. This would contribute to why it's so much easier to find toxicity
    IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

Hasty generalization
      Lokean
      LVL:64
      GrowStocks Guardian/Editor

➨Online Price Checker: https://growstocks.xyz
      ➨Online Set Planner:
      https://planner.growstocks.xyz

Comment

I'm just going to assume you didn't write this, probably found it on Instagram and thought, "Oh, good golly gosh! I HAVE to share this!"

Alright.

This IS NOT a fact. It's an opinion. 95%? If it were a fact, that would be calculated. Although most of the stuff are true, the numbers are extremely off. Yes, people call others noobs, there's cyberbullying for sure. But there's VERY LITTLE to ALMOST NO amount of sexism or actual racism in the game.

Never have I ever actually seen a GrowTopian that believes that black lives DO NOT matter. Never have I ever seen one that believes that white lives don't matter, or any race, in general, and I talk to a lot of people. Yes, GrowTopians are rude. This is a game made for kids. Kids are rude, intentionally or unintentionally, deal with it. Just ignore them, and do what you want to. Because that's what GrowTopia is. Do whatever you want to. Do you want to play minigames? You want to farm your butt off because you just can't stop? Then, do it! Why are you paying attention to these type of people if they don't matter?

If you actually were keeping up with the numbers, about 50-60% of all the GrowTopians would be toxic, again, no calculations here, just an estimate, but not as wild as 95%. About 5-10% of all GrowTopians might be racist, while about 1% to 5% of all GrowTopians would be sexist. People in this game don't judge by gender or sexuality, that's never been the case. Name ONE drama, one massive drama in GrowTopia that included racism or sexism. Yeah, you can't, although you can mention many SB wars and toxic dramas among YouTubers, social media artists of GrowTopia, even in the forums, because that's what the community is. If you don't like it, you can quit. But don't try to educate people about something so utterly pointless. PEOPLE KNOW THE COMMUNITY SUCKS. You don't have to tell them.

But still, at the end of the day, I agree with everything that has been said. People are toxic. Some people, although very few, may be racist or even sexist. You just have to move on because you can't change someone else, you can only change your attitude towards them. If you know there's no point in teaching them about it, then stop trying.

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Liquify View Post
        you can say the same to A LOT of games. considering how this game is run by a majority of 12 to 14 years old kids who are ignorant. There is no doubt such toxicity is oftenly seen but you can bring in any popular game and it's mostly the same. Also you can't say "literally 95%" without any actual statistic with pure assumption.
        Thank you. Literally every game on the Internet is the same, although some less, some more. You can't improve PEOPLE. Only they can, themselves.
        GROWTOPIAN

Sup. I'm Zyonic. Lost my old forums account; so, this one will have to do.

I'm also a Pillar PvPer and a Spleefer. If you don't know what neither of those things are, I suggest you to go to SPLEF or CW.

LEVEL: 39

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlid View Post
          Optimistic does not even aptly describe what you are proposing; Panglossian, naive — both much better descriptors.

I despise this notion that people can change if we just “put in the work” because that is simply not true. There is no threshold that can quantify and overcome human stubbornness. If someone simply wants to act like an unscrupulous, dogmatic child, they have every tool necessary by means of anonymity to do so, and we cannot, no matter how hard we try, coerce them to change. This is countless times evidenced just within our game by the flavor-of-the-month “let’s be nice to each other” initiatives, which, evidently, all disband or fade into irrelevancy within a month or two, having done nothing. This game has a capitalistic objective, so there is literally no incentive to be a nice player unless one aims to become a moderator or actually has some moral principles.

If anyone wants to make the community better, they should do what they can do: be a decent human being and make small impacts. The large-scale ethics policing has been tried, and unsurprisingly, it is a massive turn-off to reform even when work actually gets done. Reform is a decision one has to make themselves, and it certainly cannot be forced by some mob-mentality critics.
          Well, look where doing small impacts has got us.. still complaining about toxicity.
          If theres's really nothing we can do, why do we constantly talk about this?
          It seems that everyone has gave up on doing anything except bringing it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Thicc Boi View Post
          I agree with pretty much everything ohlid said.

also everyone who's breaking the rules know's what they're doing, telling them to stop won't work, like I said and a lot of the toxic people may not even be breaking any rules. They may just be annoying or braindead which unfortunately isnt illegal. You said we have to define what makes someone toxic, well here's a true story about a toxic player:
          So I go to the world "Guild" to recruit members to my guild and I clearly say you have to contribute if you want to join my guild, some indonesian level 9 kid who doesn't even have a growid and is wearing ripperwings comes up to me and says "me join" which isnt even proper english, it pisses me off when people can't speak english, if you can't speak english you shouldn't play the game. anyways I already know he doesnt contribute but go along with it anyway, I ask him to name the tiers of the anomalizing tools so I know he's not trying to leech, he doesnt say a thing, I politely tell him to answer my question and he says "what" I think to myself "maybe he didnt hear me the first time" and ask the question again then... he just walks away and goes to talk to someone else, at that point im reallly starting to get pissed off so I follow him and tell him to answer the Ƒucking question not so politely this time and guess what he just leaves the world after that I just lose it and I go on a 2 minute long rant about how this playerbase is full of toxic braindead spastics like him, one guy who can actually speak english surprisingly and is kind of polite agrees with me, we talked about how the playerbase is full of annoying 6 year olds and how toxic it is and he told me the growtopia forums are more mature and the people there arent retarded, and thats how I joined the forums. People like the noob in this story are what make this community so awful, they're the same people who scam and they can't be reasoned with. They're 6 year olds, theyre stupid and don't care about other people they only want world locks so they can flex on their friends and they will scam to get those wls.
          I don't understand how that was a toxic situation?
          Of course there are going to be kids on here, players under 12 and such.
          We can't stop that, but getting angry over someone who was not replying and then going on a rant over an individual that did not cause any harm is a bit dramatic in my opinion.
          I'm aware that not everyone is going to be as mature as some people and yet here you are calling people "braindead" when it could've been a child behind the screen.
          Last edited by gesine; 06-16-2020, 12:54 PM.
          IGN: Gesine
          Level: 63
          Forumer Since: Sept. 5, 2014.

----------------------------------------
          Support: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/games/5847?platform=9

Comment

Originally posted by gesine View Post
            I don't understand how that was a toxic situation?
            Of course there are going to be kids on here, players under 12 and such.
            We can't stop that, but getting angry over someone who was not replying and then going on a rant over an individual that did not cause any harm is a bit dramatic in my opinion.
            I'm aware that not everyone is going to be as mature as some people and yet here you are calling people "braindead" when it could've been a child behind the screen.
            Isn't being annoying toxic? Yeah of course, the kids are still annoying and toxic. Just because they're kids doesn't mean its okay for them to be toxic. It's not just one person I see people like him everywhere I go, go to any trade world and you'll find them. If someone's being annoying and toxic getting angry isnt unreasonable. It's also not unreasonable for me expect an answer to a simple question is it? Yeah not everyone is going to be mature because the game's playerbase is mostly young kids, but those young kids are toxic and shouldn't play the game, hell its rated 13+ on the google play store.

Comment

Isn't being annoying toxic? Yeah of course, the kids are still annoying and toxic. Just because they're kids doesn't mean its okay for them to be toxic. It's not just one person I see people like him everywhere I go, go to any trade world and you'll find them. If someone's being annoying and toxic getting angry isnt unreasonable. It's also not unreasonable for me expect an answer to a simple question is it? Yeah not everyone is going to be mature because the game's playerbase is mostly young kids, but those young kids are toxic and shouldn't play the game, hell its rated 13+ on the google play store.
              Being annoying isn't really toxic.. and that person didn't display any annoyingness except from your end.
              I can see you're quite tired of all of this to be getting angry that easily.
              I don't know how old you are, but as you get older you kind of realize that you can't be having a temper over the littlest things because we can't control kids and how they act, but we can choose how we react.
              IGN: Gesine
              Level: 63
              Forumer Since: Sept. 5, 2014.

----------------------------------------
              Support: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/games/5847?platform=9

Comment

You are criticising toxic community & you are using a language like this, shame on you.
                ANCIENTS member & a STYX admin.

Comment

Let's be friends!
                  Last edited by GHAST; 06-16-2020, 04:51 PM.
                  [MVP++] GhastK [G]

Instagram
                  wait.. this isn't hypixel

Comment

Originally posted by gesine View Post
                    Being annoying isn't really toxic.. and that person didn't display any annoyingness except from your end.
                    I can see you're quite tired of all of this to be getting angry that easily.
                    I don't know how old you are, but as you get older you kind of realize that you can't be having a temper over the littlest things because we can't control kids and how they act, but we can choose how we react.
                    It is. They ignored me even tho I was being polite, I would say that's displaying annoyingness.
                    im 15. Even tho we can't stop kids from acting that way it doesn't mean we should be okay with it and we have every right to get angry.

- - - Updated - - -

My definition of “toxic” is insulting players for nothing (e.g. if they are asking a normal question and gets called “dumb”.) (This was a really mild example) since “dumb” was the unnecessary comment to insult the person who simply said / asked something, it makes the person saying dumb toxic. That’s my definition by toxic people.

While there are, perhaps annoying, players who only want wls, atleast he is playing the game. Making wls is not wrong, tho them asking for wls could be annoying. It doesn’t make it right for anyone to straight up bully someone, even online. Being mean to other players is not playing the game, but playing your own game.

If the story about the indonesian kid happened to me, it’s just useless to get upset over it as it’s simply just to add them to /ignore, or tell them to stop, instead of spreading negativity. It won’t help, but it will always happen.

I don’t think it will be possible to solve this huge problem either, but we surely can make it BETTER. Then, again, gt is gt, there are many kids, it’s hard to make them listen. But surely if we don’t try, it will just become worse. And it’s already too bad.
                    The toxic players I was talking about are the people who do that.

When did I say making wls is wrong? I only care about world locks, I only play to earn wls. You dont ask people for world locks you earn them yourself and isn't ignoring someone who politely asked a simple question a bit mean? If someone's mean to you, you should be mean to them back.

Comment

Signs of toxic players

those who post "noob world/owner" in bulletin boards
                      call you noob when they feel attacked
                      uses "gay" as an insult
                      calls u noob when you didn't agree with the item price
                      LITERALLY only plays growtopia to get those world locks
                      ignores you when you ask a question so they feel like they're pro
                      never opens their location
                      cant take a joke

pls add more so these toxic players will know themselves
                      IGN: CodeAF (recently changed to Geovanic)
                      Level: 75/125
                      Road to Digger Spade: 126/200
                      Road to BGL: 83dls/100dls

"(insert an r/im14andthisisdeep quote here)"

Comment

Learning to ignore the toxic players... What if you are just tired of the toxic people?
                        Also, ignoring won't help in any way as they will just find someone else to insult, and repeat.

Everyone can't just learn to ignore the toxicity because it DOES spread.

Should everyone who doesn't like the toxicty have to turn off public chat, leading to not being able to trade etc because others are toxic? learning to deal with the toxicity is an alternative BAD solution as it won't stop that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it would help. But too look into the bright side, the bright sides existance is a requirement.

"Just quit"
                        "Just ignore them"
                        etc

It's the same as moving the person who gets bullied instead of the bullies.

- - - Updated - - -

those are rare as heck tho!
                        First of all, that doesn't make complete sense. Why would they show toxicity to you if you haven't engaged in a topic with them? I have never found someone in-game who "finds" victims and blatantly insults them; there has to be a reason behind everything. Also theirs a censorship option in the game for a reason. You can't stop these people from showing toxicity and that's the reality. But what you can do is simply, but in your case, try to avoid them.
                        IGN: YourCrustyHD
                        Lvl: 65/125
                        Growtokens: 45/100
                        DLs: 12/100 (spent on stuff)
                        Gems: 987,000/5,000,000
                        Last edited: 5/19/20

Comment

Originally posted by CodesProfit View Post
                          Signs of toxic players

those who post "noob world/owner" in bulletin boards
                          call you noob when they feel attacked
                          uses "gay" as an insult
                          calls u noob when you didn't agree with the item price
                          LITERALLY only plays growtopia to get those world locks
                          ignores you when you ask a question so they feel like they're pro
                          never opens their location
                          cant take a joke

pls add more so these toxic players will know themselves
                          You spitting straight facts

here are more traits of toxic players
                          - Thinks they're superior to you because they have more world locks.
                          - Hosts fake giveaways.
                          - Begs rich people for world locks and repeats the words pls, pro and donate over and over again.
                          - Flexes with their world locks.
                          - Wears focused eyes.

Comment

- Hosts fake giveaways.
                            - Begs rich people for world locks and repeats the words pls, pro and donate over and over again.
                            - Wears focused eyes.
                            Focused Eyes: I’m innocent
                            IGN: Deftera
                            Just a Touhou fan and otaku
                            Latest Youtube Video:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL6FSSJGRPc

Join the Trumpet Smelling Gang by doing /dab with a trumpet!

Comment

- Hosts fake giveaways.
                              - Wears focused eyes.
                              the last one kinda true
                              =IGN : Crausse=
                              Instagram : @Crausse_GT
                              Discord : Crausse#5464

Comment

Hehehe what's going on? Let's fix gt!
                                Last edited by GHAST; 06-16-2020, 04:54 PM.
                                [MVP++] GhastK [G]

Instagram
                                wait.. this isn't hypixel

Comment

Working...
                                X