#BoycottGrowtopia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iShmeagul View Post
    Thanks for your input, but they are aware how profitable the game is. This is why they bought the company for multiple million dollars.
    All they need to do is hire a few experienced developers to fix the issues within the game.
    At most this would cost them around $10,000, and given their company is valued at around $6.4 BILLION dollars it worries me that they are un-willing to spend a few thousand to get some developers in.
    Ubisoft is a company with tons of branches and each branches are assigned a game. That branch does not get funding from the company itself but they game they are working on, they're only using the company's name. The Ubisoft GT team has a budget . and most of that budget is spent on paying the developers of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Uniformity View Post
      Not everything may seem simple. Everything will have to undergo a process. E.g Noodles maybe basic but the science behind inventing it is complex
      There are thousands if not tens of thousands of developers that are experienced enough to be able to fix the issues there are.
      They are just un-willing to get any of them in, because they don't want to spend the money.

But they need to see the opportunity cost of the situation.
      They buy a few developers, max $10,000. AT VERY MOST.
      This means the game will increase in player base due to less bugs being in the game so people enjoy it more and come back.
      As well as this, people are more likely to spend money on the game because they see it is a STABLE game that will last a long time.
      At this current time, people are not going to be spending money on the game. As the future of the game is very uncertain.

So they have to spend a few thousand dollars, in order to make a lot more than that back from players.

- - - Updated - - -

due to the sheer amount of content in the game you have to check every single command and loophole in order to fix it. which of course would take a lot of time.
      I'm very aware this would take time, but as a company that is their job to keep a game running with an active community.
      They know this, they spend thousands of hours working on other games.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Meercats View Post
      You basically think fixing an entire game sound like a snap of a finger.

and do you really know how boycotting works? Or is it just implemented in ur brain that boycotting simply's just posting a hashtag in social media?
      No, boycotting is not spending money on their services.
      The hashtag is being used to spread awareness on the situation, and it really seems like its working to be honest with you.

I never said it would take them days or a week to fix the game.
      But the longer they take to hire experienced developers the longer it'll take for the game to be fixed.

Comment

There are thousands if not tens of thousands of developers that are experienced enough to be able to fix the issues there are.
        They are just un-willing to get any of them in, because they don't want to spend the money.

But they need to see the opportunity cost of the situation.
        They buy a few developers, max $10,000. AT VERY MOST.
        This means the game will increase in player base due to less bugs being in the game so people enjoy it more and come back.
        As well as this, people are more likely to spend money on the game because they see it is a STABLE game that will last a long time.
        At this current time, people are not going to be spending money on the game. As the future of the game is very uncertain.

So they have to spend a few thousand dollars, in order to make a lot more than that back from players.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm very aware this would take time, but as a company that is their job to keep a game running with an active community.
        They know this, they spend thousands of hours working on other games.

- - - Updated - - -

No, boycotting is not spending money on their services.
        The hashtag is being used to spread awareness on the situation, and it really seems like its working to be honest with you.

I never said it would take them days or a week to fix the game.
        But the longer they take to hire experienced developers the longer it'll take for the game to be fixed.
        Have you ever tried to become a leader of a group/organization?. If so then you know that managing a group of 5 is much more harder to manage a group of 3, they don't have unlimited money, sure most people that play this game pay gems but keep in mind they have a salary/tax to pay.

Comment

Ubisoft is a company with tons of branches and each branches are assigned a game. That branch does not get funding from the company itself but they game they are working on, they're only using the company's name. The Ubisoft GT team has a budget . and most of that budget is spent on paying the developers of the game.
          I think you're unaware of what that budget is spent on.
          That budget is mostly spent on advertising, to bring in new players.
          Rather than EXPERIENCED developers to fix the issues within the game before they become a huge issue.
          They don't even test the things they are bringing out by the looks of it.
          At very least they should be having the updates on the beta 2 weeks before they come out.
          This gives time for people to find any issues and then the developers can fix them before the update goes live.

Comment

Oh, please. We don't want another situation where someone did the same. It didn't work before, sure as heck won't work now.

Those who got banned for buying/selling duped items KNEW they were duped items, and they wanted to take advantage of that. Those who take advantage of a bad situation deserve nothing but being banned. They're far from being "wrongfully" banned.

We have a total of 7 rollbacks, 3 of which were under Hamumu and Seth's management. You seem so invested in your own bubble that you fail to see that Ubisoft actually do stuff, and if they didn't, the game would be dead by now.

Stop using rollbacks as an excuse to downplay their efforts, as far as I can see, they actually listen to feedback. Even Seth tweeted that if he and Ham were to return they'd, and I quote, "break it worse than they once made bedrock breakable by all".

The Seth and Hamumu era had its problems too, don't pretend that it's THE era.
            IGN: TheJackerino (Used to be known as MagicalJack)
            Previous name on the forums: Jackjeff01

Comment

Ah yes delay the updates, and then more people will be pissed due to the lack of updates which this game has

Comment

ah yes let's boycott a bunch of regular employees trying to do job but constantly gets screw over by the coding Seth and Hamamu used. Cleary a big brain move!

people don't understand how Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is just a small subsidiary compared to the many Ubisoft subsidiaries. You can't expect top tier performance from it especially how growtopia isn't a main priority to the company itself.
                Last edited by Liquify; 07-04-2020, 02:26 PM.
                IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

Have you ever tried to become a leader of a group/organization?. If so then you know that managing a group of 5 is much more harder to manage a group of 3, they don't have unlimited money, sure most people that play this game pay gems but keep in mind they have a salary/tax to pay.
                  I am aware of how to run a business, I made over £10,000 from a literal minecraft server.
                  Whenever there is an issue, we get in EXPERIENCED developers to fix them.
                  Opportunity cost is such an important part of business, and either they have decided that spending the money to fix the game properly was not worth it, or they are just completely unaware of the benefits there are for fixing the game.

Comment

I think you're unaware of what that budget is spent on.
                    That budget is mostly spent on advertising, to bring in new players.
                    Rather than EXPERIENCED developers to fix the issues within the game before they become a huge issue.
                    They don't even test the things they are bringing out by the looks of it.
                    At very least they should be having the updates on the beta 2 weeks before they come out.
                    This gives time for people to find any issues and then the developers can fix them before the update goes live.
                    May I ask do you have an official information on where they spend their funds? If so I would very much appreciate it.

Comment

Ah yes delay the updates, and then more people will be pissed due to the lack of updates which this game has
                      When did I say delay the updates?
                      They have a beta for testing. Use it.
                      If they bring updates out 2 weeks early on the beta, this gives the chance for testing.

Comment

When did I say delay the updates?
                        They have a beta for testing. Use it.
                        If they bring updates out 2 weeks early on the beta, this gives the chance for testing.
                        You do know they have a limited number in their branch right? and almost half of them are trying to come up new ways to make growtopia more fun. They have a system/schedule if that said schedule will not be followed the consequences it will bring will be destructive on their part.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJackerino View Post
                          Oh, please. We don't want another situation where someone did the same. It didn't work before, sure as heck won't work now.

Those who got banned for buying/selling duped items KNEW they were duped items, and they wanted to take advantage of that. Those who take advantage of a bad situation deserve nothing but being banned. They're far from being "wrongfully" banned.

We have a total of 7 rollbacks, 3 of which were under Hamumu and Seth's management. You seem so invested in your own bubble that you fail to see that Ubisoft actually do stuff, and if they didn't, the game would be dead by now.

Stop using rollbacks as an excuse to downplay their efforts, as far as I can see, they actually listen to feedback. Even Seth tweeted that if he and Ham were to return they'd, and I quote, "break it worse than they once made bedrock breakable by all".

The Seth and Hamumu era had its problems too, don't pretend that it's THE era.
                          Is it really me who is in my own bubble?
                          Or is it you, who is constantly being manipulated into playing the game over and over again.
                          They do pretty much the bear minimum to get people to carry on playing.
                          I can very much so see what they have done compared to Hamumu and Seth,
                          yet I never said seth and hamumu ran the game perfectly. Because they didn't.

But for the money that seth and hamumu had at the time, they did a lot more than ubisoft is doing.
                          I could not care less about the fact they went to players worlds and interacted.
                          I'm talking about the game as a whole, they hired few EXPERIENCED and KNOWLEDGEABLE developers that knew what they were doing. As well as the fact seth and hamu knew what they were doing (mostly).

Comment

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
                            Suggestions:

Maximum Purchase personal setting

Suggestion box with many items

Comment

You do know they have a limited number in their branch right? and almost half of them are trying to come up new ways to make growtopia more fun. They have a system/schedule if that said schedule will not be followed the consequences it will bring will be destructive on their part.
                              That's the thing, growtopia is still FUN. The developers should be working to fix ANY issue that there is, and there should not be a slightest chance that a dupe can come out from an event that happens every year.
                              There was lack of preparation and testing done for the update.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Corrects View Post
                              Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
                              Would appreciate some feedback if you have any

Comment

I am aware of how to run a business, I made over £10,000 from a literal minecraft server.
                                Whenever there is an issue, we get in EXPERIENCED developers to fix them.
                                Opportunity cost is such an important part of business, and either they have decided that spending the money to fix the game properly was not worth it, or they are just completely unaware of the benefits there are for fixing the game.
                                Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you actually own a server which produced £10,000, Firstly minecraft is different with growtopia, different codes different system etc. It's also huge and has a unique coding than other games, it also takes time to find developers that are compatible with the game's design as there are many companies that may hire them which may offer a better working conditions than ubisoft has to offer

Comment

Working...
                                X