Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#BoycottGrowtopia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #BoycottGrowtopia

    Hello there guys,
    Given all of the recent and not so recent issues with Growtopia, me and some of my friends have taken it upon ourselves to start a movement.
    This movements aim is to get Ubisoft to make change in the game and fix all the issues that there are, whether it be the servers, the number of spam bots, the casinos. Everything that is a major issue.

    What we, and anyone else who joins the movement, will be doing is we will not be playing growtopia at all until they make change.
    The game is currently in ruins, whether they want to admit it or not.

    There's been more rollbacks in the last 2 years than there ever previously was, there are more spam bots, more casinos, more price manipulators. Yet there are not even as many players as there was.
    If they fail to see that this is an issue, and fail to fix these issues then we will no longer be playing the game.

    So in short, join the movement by posting "#BoycottGrowtopia" on either your story, an instagram post or a forums post, twitter post, any way that you know has the possibility to get them to make change.
    As well as this, make sure you tag @Growtopia when you do this. This means they will see it, so we are able to know whether they will acknowledge it and actually make BIG change, or whether they will ignore it.


    (Edit)
    We expect all wrongfully banned players to be unbanned. You have been banning players for purchasing phoenix wings and other items, this is ridiculous.
    I was not one of these players who were banned, as thankfully I didn't buy any duped items or dupe any items myself.

    The solution to the game being broken is not to ban everyone involved, but instead, fix your game.



    If you are un-decided on whether you are going to join the movement or not, then ask yourself this.
    Would you rather play a broken game that most likely won't be properly fixed, or not play it for 1 or 2 weeks then come back to a fully fixed game.

    All they do is fix enough things for the majority of the community to be satisfied, so they carry on playing. They've been doing it for at least 2 years now. You carry on playing the game because you think "oh nice they fixed this dupe, maybe they will fix the rest in the future. I guess i'll carry on playing now" or "Nice, they did an event (That they do every year...), this is something new for me to do. I'll play more now" or "Ooo, double gems for 24 hours because of the rollback. They're so generous, i'm going to play more now."

    If you fail to see that they've been doing this for years now then please take a deeper look into the "good" things they do.

    You, much like me, are stuck in a situation where we are forgiving them because we love what the game used to be so much, and deep down we want to believe that they will fix the game properly.
    So please, help me help the community by getting ubisoft to make big change in the game.


    Thanks for your time,
    Note
    Last edited by iShmeagul; 07-04-2020, 01:33 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by iShmeagul View Post
    Thanks for your time,
    Note
    May I have it back, please?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by iShmeagul View Post
      Hello there guys,
      Given all of the recent and not so recent issues with Growtopia, me and some of my friends have taken it upon ourselves to start a movement.
      This movements aim is to get Ubisoft to make change in the game and fix all the issues that there are, whether it be the servers, the number of spam bots, the casinos. Everything that is a major issue.

      What we, and anyone else who joins the movement, will be doing is we will not be playing growtopia at all until they make change.
      The game is currently in ruins, whether they want to admit it or not.

      There's been more rollbacks in the last 2 years than there ever previously was, there are more spam bots, more casinos, more price manipulators. Yet there are not even as many players as there was.
      If they fail to see that this is an issue, and fail to fix these issues then we will no longer be playing the game.

      So in short, join the movement by posting "#BoycottGrowtopia" on either your story, an instagram post or a forums post, twitter post, any way that you know has the possibility to get them to make change.
      As well as this, make sure you tag @Growtopia when you do this. This means they will see it, so we are able to know whether they will acknowledge it and actually make BIG change, or whether they will ignore it.


      Thanks for your time,
      Note
      They're only fixing/updating the game because we as a player base support it. when that said support is gone , their motivation will be gone also which in turn shutting down the game. I understand that you want to make a change on the current this game have but this isn't really the best way to tackle this situation. The best way is to help the team by reporting bugs and be really patient, time heals all wounds

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by iShmeagul View Post
        Thanks for your time,
        Note
        Originally posted by matemar View Post
        May I have it back, please?
        Best response on the forums


        I'm not joining the movement.
        Hate/love growtopia? Why not leave a review in Play Store/App Store?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by matemar View Post
          May I have it back, please?
          Why is that

          - - - Updated - - -

          Originally posted by Uniformity View Post
          They're only fixing/updating the game because we as a player base support it. when that said support is gone , their motivation will be gone also which in turn shutting down the game. I understand that you want to make a change on the current this game have but this isn't really the best way to tackle this situation. The best way is to help the team by reporting bugs and be really patient, time heals all wounds
          That's not how it works. The company has invested a fair amount of money on the game, as in by buying the game.
          But they need to make change to keep the player base, we are going to show them that.

          Having a sub-team under ubisoft is not about motivation. It is about making money, that is what the majority of business is about.
          They did not buy the game for the fun of it, they bought it to make money. If we don't play the game to show that they have to make change if they want people to still play it, then they will have to make change. Otherwise they will lose money on the game, which is not a good business investment.

          We have been waiting years for ubisoft to fix the game, yet they haven't. You are making excuses for them, when in reality they are just not doing enough to make change.

          - - - Updated - - -

          Originally posted by TiiG View Post
          Best response on the forums


          I'm not joining the movement.
          Why not?
          Do you not want change for the community?

          Comment


          • #6
            What are you 5?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by iShmeagul View Post
              Why is that

              - - - Updated - - -



              That's not how it works. The company has invested a fair amount of money on the game, as in by buying the game.
              But they need to make change to keep the player base, we are going to show them that.

              Having a sub-team under ubisoft is not about motivation. It is about making money, that is what the majority of business is about.
              They did not buy the game for the fun of it, they bought it to make money. If we don't play the game to show that they have to make change if they want people to still play it, then they will have to make change. Otherwise they will lose money on the game, which is not a good business investment.

              We have been waiting years for ubisoft to fix the game, yet they haven't. You are making excuses for them, when in reality they are just not doing enough to make change.

              - - - Updated - - -



              Why not?
              Do you not want change for the community?
              I do but if you really want to sustain the game itself this really isn't the best way to solve it. Ubisoft is a business just like Disney, This is the same as Club penguin island. when something isn't profitable anymore they're just gonna drop the game rather than risking tons of dollars attempting to fix what was broken. IF the player base dropped consistently then less players would be joining the game due to the lack of players playing it which then results of the game being erased.They are doing all they can to fix it, remember they're humans it's hard to code for a game and to find every single bug in the update.

              Comment


              • #8
                Why not you yourself try to fix the game? Easier said than done.
                I have no idea what I'm doing.

                hi do u like maths
                www.coolmathgames.com
                www.mathsisfun.com

                Come Join Secret Santa 2019! (plz join it's free real estate)
                sigpic
                ^ keeping this here to make my signature look less boring

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Meercats View Post
                  What are you 5?
                  Not sure what part of this thread makes me seem 5

                  - - - Updated - - -

                  Originally posted by NotSeedTopian View Post
                  Why not you yourself try to fix the game? Easier said than done.
                  This is their job. (I am not referring to the moderators here in any way. I am referring to the developers).
                  Ubisoft has tonnes of top tier games, I find it very hard to believe that they lack the skills to fix a 2d pixel game.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by iShmeagul View Post
                    Ubisoft has tonnes of top tier games, I find it very hard to believe that they lack the skills to fix a 2d pixel game.
                    Different department.
                    I have no idea what I'm doing.

                    hi do u like maths
                    www.coolmathgames.com
                    www.mathsisfun.com

                    Come Join Secret Santa 2019! (plz join it's free real estate)
                    sigpic
                    ^ keeping this here to make my signature look less boring

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by iShmeagul View Post
                      Not sure what part of this thread makes me seem 5

                      - - - Updated - - -



                      This is their job. (I am not referring to the moderators here in any way. I am referring to the developers).
                      Ubisoft has tonnes of top tier games, I find it very hard to believe that they lack the skills to fix a 2d pixel game.
                      Not everything may seem simple. Everything will have to undergo a process. E.g Noodles maybe basic but the science behind inventing it is complex

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Uniformity View Post
                        I do but if you really want to sustain the game itself this really isn't the best way to solve it. Ubisoft is a business just like Disney, This is the same as Club penguin island. when something isn't profitable anymore they're just gonna drop the game rather than risking tons of dollars attempting to fix what was broken. IF the player base dropped consistently then less players would be joining the game due to the lack of players playing it which then results of the game being erased.They are doing all they can to fix it, remember they're humans it's hard to code for a game and to find every single bug in the update.
                        Thanks for your input, but they are aware how profitable the game is. This is why they bought the company for multiple million dollars.
                        All they need to do is hire a few experienced developers to fix the issues within the game.
                        At most this would cost them around $10,000, and given their company is valued at around $6.4 BILLION dollars it worries me that they are un-willing to spend a few thousand to get some developers in.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          due to the sheer amount of content in the game you have to check every single command and loophole in order to fix it. which of course would take a lot of time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NotSeedTopian View Post
                            Different department.
                            They have the money to hire experienced developers in the 2d department.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by iShmeagul View Post
                              Not sure what part of this thread makes me seem 5
                              You basically think fixing an entire game sound like a snap of a finger.

                              and do you really know how boycotting works? Or is it just implemented in ur brain that boycotting simply's just posting a hashtag in social media?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X