This week’s VOTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This week’s VOTW

I’m by no means criticizing the person’s work. It’s just that anyone really could spend an hour or so making whatever he did. I’ve been to the VOTW submission section and I saw over 5 videos that were greatly animated but never won a VOTW. I think for the past month or so, Ubisoft staff have been looking for people who make stuff IRL which isn’t really fair to those who spent 20+ hours animating something.

I’m not saying this because I want to win a VOTW since I’m not really into animating or have the time to do that (i would rather code or play video games rather than animate). It’s not like the VOTW Is bad, it’s just super-super basic and if things like that really go for VOTW, I can probably submit my physics spring launcher that requires around 5-10 hours of building and heavy physics equations and derivation for precise launch distance (I would just make it somehow growtopian related) and BOOM free votw.

Kinda VERY VOTW unworthy. They should have players vote for a VOTW or something like that because something like that definitely isn’t VOTW worthy. Also, I’ve noticed that there’s at least a dozen of players who won VOTW more than 5 times. 5*12=60... 48 VOTW trophies that could have been given to those who spent as much time and effort as they did. If they start picking stuff like this, I would probably build a growtopian cardboard and colour it and submit it for VOTW
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Originally posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    If they start picking stuff like this, I would probably build a growtopian cardboard and colour it and submit it for VOTW
    Thanks for the idea! Will be doing this later this week.
    Originally posted by tson
    *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
    Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
    The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

Contact Info:

Comment

Something I also found interesting is that the winner has been submitting three different videos lol, really playing the odds.
      IGN: Clarken
      Since July 2, 2014

Services you may need!: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...04#post4275404

Buy all riding bumble bees 25 each

Comment

Originally posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
        Something I also found interesting is that the winner has been submitting three different videos lol, really playing the odds.
        I think you are allowed to enter as many videos as you want
        IGN: Jisam
        Discord: Jisam#9391
        Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4A...K6Dc_3N0hJGhYQ

Comment

Originally posted by Jisam View Post
          I think you are allowed to enter as many videos as you want
          Yes you are, I just found it interesting
          IGN: Clarken
          Since July 2, 2014

Services you may need!: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...04#post4275404

Buy all riding bumble bees 25 each

Comment

I think it's fair, creativity can be expressed beyond the screen.

IGN: Creano
            Level: 101
            YouTube Channel: iCreatorGT
            Discord: iCreator#8781
            Veteran Player since Growtopia Beta 2013
            I SEE YOU

Comment

Originally posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
              omw to submit 7 of my Making Growtopia Item In Real Life Videos, if i didnt win imma riot
              IGN: MadMewMew

Nominating the same world since July.

Comment

ah sh*t here we go again

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
                - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Creator View Post
                  I think it's fair, creativity can be expressed beyond the screen.
                  Not when the effort does not match the requirements. I'm literally thinking of colouring cardboards just to get a VOTW trophy + Anyone can do better than that VOTW...

Comment

Not when the effort does not match the requirements. I'm literally thinking of colouring cardboards just to get a VOTW trophy + Anyone can do better than that VOTW...
                    yea but i dont want to see just sliding animations either

Comment

of course anyone could be better than that, even other stuff could be better than animations, there's more better than that, that is more better than that, that is more better than that, that is more better than that

no one said votw is for those videos ranking top 1 thou

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
                      - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I’m by no means criticizing the person’s work. It’s just that anyone really could spend an hour or so making whatever he did. I’ve been to the VOTW submission section and I saw over 5 videos that were greatly animated but never won a VOTW. I think for the past month or so, Ubisoft staff have been looking for people who make stuff IRL which isn’t really fair to those who spent 20+ hours animating something.

I’m not saying this because I want to win a VOTW since I’m not really into animating or have the time to do that (i would rather code or play video games rather than animate). It’s not like the VOTW Is bad, it’s just super-super basic and if things like that really go for VOTW, I can probably submit my physics spring launcher that requires around 5-10 hours of building and heavy physics equations and derivation for precise launch distance (I would just make it somehow growtopian related) and BOOM free votw.

Kinda VERY VOTW unworthy. They should have players vote for a VOTW or something like that because something like that definitely isn’t VOTW worthy. Also, I’ve noticed that there’s at least a dozen of players who won VOTW more than 5 times. 5*12=60... 48 VOTW trophies that could have been given to those who spent as much time and effort as they did. If they start picking stuff like this, I would probably build a growtopian cardboard and colour it and submit it for VOTW
                        I don't think voting would be a viable option because many famous youtubers would keep winning by the amount of fans. but if it was a vote between about 3 mods it would be something good

Comment

Originally posted by JimIzPro View Post
                          of course anyone could be better than that, even other stuff could be better than animations, there's more better than that, that is more better than that, that is more better than that, that is more better than that

no one said votw is for those videos ranking top 1 thou
                          Nah ur missing my point. The effort put into colouring cardboard takes 1-2 hours max while animating something takes at least 10+hours (if you're a pure professional with no breaks taken). It can also be argued that almost everyone can use cardboard and colour it based on whatever pixel art he sees in front of him while animating actually requires skills, creativity, effort, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Fdpjr View Post
                          I don't think voting would be a viable option because many famous youtubers would keep winning by the amount of fans. but if it was a vote between about 3 mods it would be something good
                          True. I'm just triggered cause I've also seen the growtopian clay version video (which is NOT an original idea as at least 10+ people have done the same thing on youtube/other social media platforms). All it takes is a max of 2-3 hours to actually do that as well. Whoever is picking the VOTW isn't doing a great job.

Comment

But I didn't really think VOTW was worthy either, there was nothing special in the video while I went to see several that indicated SUPER interesting, some that I laughed a lot too and was so impressed, I don't remember the name now but it was one that was batman and robin? in the city, one of the best I've seen so far!

Comment

Not trying to get anyone in trouble but here's an example which REALLY triggers me and should be illegal to do so (as stated in VOTW submissiong rules):

This dude won VOTW 2-3 weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k81Q1M31hA

However, his idea was copied off this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpZIkrYHC00&t=364s

Referring to whatever I said above, making growtopian using clay is not creative at all. However, I do feel bad for the guy who had his idea stolen and his video remade by someone else. I'm pretty confident to say that someone else should start picking the VOTW.

Comment

Working...
                              X