No announcement yet.

This week’s VOTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to 5 Minute Crafts, Growtopia Edition ! (the recent VOTW winners).

Honestly , I'm not against them choosing DIY crafts as the winners of this awards , but it should at least have some effort , or actually not some but A LOT of effort. This week's winner is semi-acceptable for me because it waa timely to new updates and even though everyone can do it, not everyone thought of doing it. However last week's winner is really, uh, you can search up the title and find a bunch of similar videos.

Though, I find it funny. To win that award it took me 14 days making an animation video on my mobile phone, got me tired and the video wasn't even that good. And there goes some people sitting in front of their table for some minutes and win the award I worked so hard for .

So yeah, I don't have anything against the winners, but up to 3 moderators should at least make some voting.

Wanna Fight my Phoenix Duo??

Comment

calm y'all balls down, they won't took the current winner's growie awards away because of this thread, the thing is they will learn about their mistake and move on (of course if they read this thread and care)
      =IGN : Crausse=
      Instagram : @Crausse_GT
      Discord : Crausse#5464

Comment

Why does it have an intro? I thought that if you have one you're automatically disqualified
        ♡ Rowan ♡ Pat ♡ Markus ♡Joseph ♡ Scott ♡ Jaakko ♡

Play Townscaper if you ever feel depressed.

Comment

Making gross out items in real life who's with me?

thinking about that maggot gross out food 😳
          IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

Ubisoft is looking for something unique that's why DIY videos are winning more often.

I agreed with you on how much time ANIMATING will take than making Growtopia stuffs in real life.

If they want creativity, I see no creativity in his DIY CRAFT BECAUSE IT WAS JUST COPIED FROM GROWTOPIA MEANING IT WAS NOT ORIGINAL FROM THE START.

I'm actually animating right now and I am hesitating if I should continue it or no because at the end of the day no matter how much time and effort I put into this, there will be a guy who made a DIY craft and will be choosen as VOTW winner.

I don't see Growie Award as 4BGLs for free. I see Growie Award as an honor for an aspring film maker like me. I've been making, watching, and creating films since I was a child. And losing to a time-lapsed video is pretty much a disappointment to myself. Yes, I know, VOTW can be anything, but the fact it is a VIDEO it should be mean, a FILM that an actual FILM.

Again, I am saying this, NO ONE WON AN OSCAR WITH A FILM THAT WAS TIME-LAPSED.

PS.

If I win Growie Award, I'm gonna sell it, and make my team full of aspiring film makers here in Growtopia.
            WHAT IS UP!

Comment

Unfortunately even if we rant or bash or diss about this week's VOTW, they wont change it.

To the guy who won this week's VOTW, they wont take your growie award don't worry much bro.
              WOTD: 3 (in BESTBEACHINGT, ANUBIANCITY & ZODIACSKY)

VOTW: 1 (Out of Growtopia Icon)

Comment

Hijacking this thread: please give me feedback on my videos!

https://youtu.be/3nozdjKK2YE

https://youtu.be/EkhDgdEPzpY

https://youtu.be/Vo3sTsa8MRo

Comment

Even if it’s Low effort and doesn’t look that good, it is different compared to animations. I don’t think they want animation to win every time, especially considering majority of the animations look nearly identical (using growtopia sprites).

It’s like how it’s not always parkours that win wotd, or how some wotds have bad design but a new concept. It’s video of the week, not animation of the week. Just because animations take effort doesn’t mean it should be a auto win.
                  hello

Grossout event items are underrated, eyes on stalks are a masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Kranken View Post
                    Hijacking this thread: please give me feedback on my videos!

https://youtu.be/3nozdjKK2YE

https://youtu.be/EkhDgdEPzpY

https://youtu.be/Vo3sTsa8MRo
                    I saw them all. 2 of them aren't videos, they are just musics with picture on it.

The last one is not a block motion, its a stop motion. It could win but make it smoother but I think its enough. Just make it smoother if you want to win with a quality.
                    WHAT IS UP!

Comment

I literally do not know why people are complaining, all these animated wotds really annoy me, like it isnt even creativity, its just repetitive bad editing. I would like to see more of these videos.
                      “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
                      — The Doctor
                      “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
                      ― Ross Lynch

Comment

Originally posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
                        Nah ur missing my point. The effort put into colouring cardboard takes 1-2 hours max while animating something takes at least 10+hours (if you're a pure professional with no breaks taken). It can also be argued that almost everyone can use cardboard and colour it based on whatever pixel art he sees in front of him while animating actually requires skills, creativity, effort, etc.
                        but video of the week doesn't need to be "who put a lot of effort in this video," it's not like that, even if the person takes 365 days to make that wonderful clean neat very aesthetic cool wellmade worthy of votw video, a person who made a video for like 1-2 hours can still win

it was never said that video of the week is the battle of the best or the battle between those who did the MOST effort

but with the 2 clay videos, i think that's a valid argument, looking at the fact that a similar one won few weeks ago

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
                        - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by JimIzPro View Post
                          but video of the week doesn't need to be "who put a lot of effort in this video," it's not like that, even if the person takes 365 days to make that wonderful clean neat very aesthetic cool wellmade worthy of votw video, a person who made a video for like 1-2 hours can still win

it was never said that video of the week is the battle of the best or the battle between those who did the MOST effort

but with the 2 clay videos, i think that's a valid argument, looking at the fact that a similar one won few weeks ago
                          I never seen a competition that requires not being the best among the others...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ItsKyan View Post
                          I literally do not know why people are complaining, all these animated wotds really annoy me, like it isnt even creativity, its just repetitive bad editing. I would like to see more of these videos.
                          If you focus on editing, you sure won't get amazed. Probably that was animated by a kid since most of the player of this game are kids.

In the film, the story is the king, the center of all.
                          WHAT IS UP!

Comment

Bumping this, this is so relevant

If you go to Fan Creation thread, new forumers nominating their video. You think nothing wrong there? Probably it is the same person who keeps doing the same thing all over again to just get a bunch of Growie Award and a bunch of DLs to get a bunch of MONEY in real life.

Also, don't worry. The winner of VOTW won't see this because he is only active when he is going to nominate.
                            WHAT IS UP!

Comment

I think it’s important to have some variation too. Not only animations. As you can see on the screenshot below, only the 2 most recent VOTWs have been DIY related the majority of the rest VOTWs are animations.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	744FCE95-895F-4A06-9EA2-A3D9EA7ED873.png
Views:	1
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	6607031

My 2nd point would be that sure, it’s maybe not a lot of effort, but that’s not the only thing to focus on! Yes, people could perhaps do this better. But like, why didn’t they then? It’s exactly the same with animations. Other people could have made the same animation but better.
                              Last edited by GHAST; 07-15-2020, 10:06 PM. Reason: Misspelling
                              [MVP++] GhastK [G]

Instagram
                              wait.. this isn't hypixel

Comment

Originally posted by GHAST View Post
                                I think it’s important to have some variation too. Not only animations. As you can see on the screenshot below, only the 2 most recent VOTWs have been DIY related the majority of the rest VOTWs are animations.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]243847[/ATTACH]

My 2nd point would be that sure, it’s maybe not a lot of effort, but that’s not the only thing to focus on! Yes, people could perhaps do this better. But like, why didn’t they then? It’s exactly the same with animations. Other people could have made the same animation but better.
                                Cause making things out of cardboard isn’t really special and does not require effort + whatever that person did isn’t executed properly as well. You’re comparing something that takes hours (if not days) with something that only takes 1-2 hour and isn’t creative at all. Anyone with a hand can colour a cardboard. The reason why no one has done that is because it isn’t special and under normal circumstances wouldn’t win a VOTW. Whoever picked it was prob high or something
                                IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Comment

Working...
                                X