Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added mannequin oversight, bump.
    IGN: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

All epic quests completed, waiting for sponsor.
    Achievements completed: 152/167

Comment

bump, lost world with tons also server fault. occurred on August 22th.
      WOOMY WOOMY WOOMY!

IGN: Apen3056
      Level: 57/125
      World: APENGT / SPLATOONPIXELARTS

Growtopia x Splatoon lover!

Comment

afk arena devs : stares nervously
        ea sports division : silently laughs
        yandere dev : sweating intensifies
        I like my world locks like I like my plural nouns.
        Plural
        IGN : SimpForJesus

Comment

We all agree that 2020 was a hell of a moment, but holy smokes
          IGN : BoxeyNoxey

About Me :
          - Tall Boi
          - Professional Candy Crusher
          - Completely Straight
          - Funky Hair
          - Never Got Featured On YIAY
          - Awkward And Sometimes Silent
          - Overwhelmingly Sarcastic

Comment

Originally posted by Apen3056 View Post
            bump, lost world with tons also server fault. occurred on August 22th.
            i included it at first but thought that it isn't really preventable imo. i only consider stuff that could be prevented through thorough testing and proper coding. unless they admit that it was actually some form of programming error, i won't include it.

Comment

• NastyGirlJr
              NastyGirlJr commented
              Editing a comment
              rollback itself maybe wasn't preventable, but what about it's execution and removal of items? shouldn't they have some back-ups to restore what they have messed up or smthg?

• DeLixx
              DeLixx commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with NastyGirl.
              The way the rollback was handled was aweful. Thousands of support tickets couldve been prevented with a proper rollback.
              They're also being very instranparent about the current situation and only give vague descriptions like "a lot of tickets".
              Ive personally lost A LOT due to that, many of which being unrecoverable.

• BladeGamer
              BladeGamer commented
              Editing a comment
              This is complete speculation but I don't think it would be financially and technically viable to create backups all the time. From what I know it seems like they create backups for a small percentage of the game every, say 15 minutes, and then complete the entire backup for the day after a certain period of time. It just so happened that the data got corrupted during the process, and it resulted in certain parts of the game being chronologically different from others.

I suppose they do it this way so that they can save on costs? Again it's purely speculative and I don't know for sure about a single thing they do behind the scenes.

As for the part on damage control and restoring of items, I feel that that's entirely the fault of the game's management, and I won't even blame them that much either. At the end of the day it's all about choosing the lesser evil, and they went with restoring the items manually (albeit unsuccessfully) since a rollback may have a worse effect on the player base as a whole.

A server restart during a daily challenge? Do you guys even care about them anymore?

Added a new entry, and changed end date for chaos infection bug to 1st September 2020.

Comment

This thread definitely needs more attention, bump

Comment

I wonder what the code looks like since there are a loooot of things that make up this game, maybe the long/numerous strings of codes explains the difficult patch of each issues. Since they are constantly making updates and actively setting events.
                I love 美波 and ヨルシカ!

I wish I can sing and play like them
                and I'm just your average friend!

Comment

Here lies today's Mutant Kitchen daily challenge, 11/09/2020-11/09/2020. You will be missed.

Comment

A server restart during a daily challenge? Do you guys even care about them anymore?
                    You're totally right, they should think through such things before making any rush. But first of all, they also should consider about implementing such notifications, that will popup at those moments, when they are going to turn their servers off, I mean for 10-15 minutes before they are going to do that. It's not so easy to implement such notifications, but also not so hard. When we were making such additional patches in our game project, that our company develops, we found this web page about game developers for hire from iLogos game dev agency. And they have implemented everything in the shortest terms, making every detail about those notifications just like we wanted. They have pretty nice game development solutions.
                    Last edited by Dilan242; 09-17-2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BladeGamer View Post

Rollback 7 as far as I know is not the current developers' fault, I've heard that it has something to do with old code allowing the dupes to happen? I am not very sure, so I won't be including rollback 7 into the list.
                      This is pure excuse, the blame shift on old code and whatever doesn't cut the mustard.
                      100% they went through months of buying the game before taking the plunge.
                      They knew what they where getting into then fail and blame the original code which is shifting blame on the old creators of the game which is highly disrespectful.
                      It's blame game and they didn't want to take it for their own fail.

It happened because things where not tested and checked properly so it's everything to do with the current Devs.
                      IGN - Jud
                      Main world - HELLO
                      Instagram - JuD.Growtopia

Goal -
                      Title - 100%/100%
                      New goals.
                      1) complete all classics.
                      2) complete all epics.

Comment

Originally posted by Judavid View Post

This is pure excuse, the blame shift on old code and whatever doesn't cut the mustard.
                        100% they went through months of buying the game before taking the plunge.
                        They knew what they where getting into then fail and blame the original code which is shifting blame on the old creators of the game which is highly disrespectful.
                        It's blame game and they didn't want to take it for their own fail.

It happened because things where not tested and checked properly so it's everything to do with the current Devs.
                        Well the problem is, from what I can see, it is actually a problem caused by the old developers. The feature that caused the dupe has been there before the game got sold to Ubisoft. And unless the new developers admit that new code interacted with the feature in such a way that it caused the dupe, the fault lies on the original creators of the game. When Ubisoft bought the game it would definitely be great if they were to test the game thoroughly for any bugs that the previous developers missed out, but they probably aren't obligated to, especially not when the feature that caused the dupe was such a no-brainer.

Also, I haven't seen a post from an official source claiming that the dupe happened because of old code. Players probably inferred and speculated that it was old code because the feature that caused the dupe was one that was introduced before the game got sold.

Comment

Working...
                        X