Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s time to stop.

It’s time to stop.

the bs that’s been going around with “gaypride” and “straightpride” and god knows what other worlds must be stopped.

here’s what I think:
    1. Growtopia is not a political game, but a rpgmmo. If these worlds are political or not is another discussion but they sure do not belong in gt because the fact that the sbs made from the worlds are mostly not opinions but insults and hate against others.

2. I’ve been in those world just to check, and what i saw was worse than the world “LOVE”. It was literally insults in EVERY sentence, and I also don’t think that should be allowed. Yes, people do have a choice to stay or go there, but does that really mean that they should get away with saying those harsh words in game? No. After I left the world I even got msged by someone, insulting me.

3. growtopians. I mean, literally, growtopians? I don’t think that growtopians are the right group of people to decide what’s wrong and right, especially as they are known for their toxic behaviors. Yes, yes. Some growtopians can actually have a convo but mostly they’re just there to insult.

what do you all think about this?
    ps. I probably forgot about alot of points but i’m too tired to think right now!
    [MVP++] GhastK [G]

Instagram
    wait.. this isn't hypixel

It has been happening.. I don't know how you're going to get rid of a toxic community tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Yettii View Post
      It has been happening.. I don't know how you're going to get rid of a toxic community tho.
      Oh I agree, there are no way to get rid of a toxic community. However, I made a post few months back of an idea to SEPARATE toxicity from “kindness”
      https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...list-for-words

i’d be very happy for any response too!
      [MVP++] GhastK [G]

Instagram
      wait.. this isn't hypixel

Comment

Originally posted by GHAST View Post

Oh I agree, there are no way to get rid of a toxic community. However, I made a post few months back of an idea to SEPARATE toxicity from “kindness”
        https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...list-for-words

i’d be very happy for any response too!
        Couldn't people evade the blocked words by just adding numbers and stuff into it?
        Noooooo problemo

Comment

Originally posted by itsmrlol View Post

Couldn't people evade the blocked words by just adding numbers and stuff into it?
          y35
          >b3 13 m3
          >1 15 1337 h4x0r
          >1 15 h4x bu11d3rm4n f0r b0bux
          >m0m w41k5 1nt0 13 r00m
          >45k5 m3 wh4t 1m d01ng
          >1 54y 1 4m e4t1ng bu11d3rm4n'5 b0bux
          >13 m0m 54y5 1 4m b4n fr0m 13 c0mput3r
          >R3333333333333333333333333
          BOTTOM TEXT

Comment

Originally posted by NotSeedTopian View Post

y35
            >b3 13 m3
            >1 15 1337 h4x0r
            >1 15 h4x bu11d3rm4n f0r b0bux
            >m0m w41k5 1nt0 13 r00m
            >45k5 m3 wh4t 1m d01ng
            >1 54y 1 4m e4t1ng bu11d3rm4n'5 b0bux
            >13 m0m 54y5 1 4m b4n fr0m 13 c0mput3r
            >R3333333333333333333333333
            Oh god I won't spend my time translating that
            IGN: PEPPERISTIC
            IG: vin_hartono
            Shop: EWOHY
            GOVSSU name only for sale lmao start 5 wl

Comment

• NotSeedTopian
              NotSeedTopian commented
              Editing a comment
              133773x7 is now a writing script
              yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ

░▒▓███████▓▒░
            ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
            ░▒▓███████▓▒░
            ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
            https://youtu.be/wJZjZyuHJFY

Comment

"being straight is a mental illness" an admin from GAYPRIDE

being prideful is fine and all I support but it's similar with sexism in that if you push for equality, you push for equality and once you start insulting you would sound like you want your side to be superior, or start arguing with the other side and you stoop down to their level if they started it, or even worse, if you start it, you are worse.
              Don't feel like playing as much anymore what do

I have Vending Machines in BDCMARS... If I say I sell something, it'll probably be there.

GrowID: Phloqiston
              World: BDCMARS
              Discord: Phloqiston#2840

Comment

Here’s my two cents on the situation. None of this should even be brought up. This is a children’s game. A game for small kids. Kids don’t need to be learning about straight or gay pride until they’re older, plus the mentalities of some of the people in these worlds could really affect kids views on these matters. Since their brains are so susceptible to other people’s views, they might take a subject like this the wrong way. For example if what Phloq said is true, if a young kid sees that it could make them see straight people as horrible when in reality not all of them are. I know it sounds far-fetched but that’s just how the nature of kids’ brains work. Finally the worst part is all of this arguing and bickering is because people simply have nothing else to do. They’re bored so they broadcast controversial stuff. That’s not how it should work, that’s pretty messed up. In my opinion we just need to stop all of this drama or at least stop the people instigating the drama because you know they won’t stop as long as they can SB.
                In Game Name: TheArctic
                Main World: THEARCTIC
                Winner of the 2020 KYDERBY world building contest!
                Achieved Legendary Robot on April 26th, 2020!
                Credits for my avatar go to Oscur

Comment

Lmao funny how people think they can make a change
                  “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
                  — The Doctor
                  “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
                  ― Ross Lynch

Comment

As people have said before this is still a kids game so bringing this up will really mess their mindset because as a kid you believe everything your told and until you grow up you start realizing that these sbs are just things that are done because someone was bored and you grew up believing something so stupid and meaningless.
                    Attached Files
                    Apparently the gatorade under the sink was bleach

Comment

kid game or whatnot political discussion is not illegal in growtopia as long as you don't go complete extremist. it is totally fine to have a respectful political discussion without discriminating anyone or trying to push a certain agenda like STRAIGHTPRIDE saying gay people are wrong or sick. and this goes for both sides of the spectrum, if GAYPRIDE says that straight people have mental illnesses then yes that counts as harassment and discrimination aswell.

oter than that, outruling political discussions is just kinda stupid, like you can't just censor everything that might slightly negatively affect a child, i think parents should be responsible for teaching their kids morals and values, not ubisoft, but ok.
                      Sample text

Comment

• DeLixx
                        DeLixx commented
                        Editing a comment
                        lol, read the growtopian code of conduct: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...rowtopian-code
                        Literally says "Steer clear of discussing potentially controversial topics, including but not limited to Politics and Religion."

Please don't treat your felt intention as fact

The rest of what you said is bs as well

Ideologically motivated groups like political parties and religious communities will always have extremists.
                      You can't have one without the other.
                      And this counts for lgtb just as much as islam or trump or blm or antifa or any other such organisation.
                      No matter how much you try to twist it, its controversial and will 100% cause drama.

These communities are inherently toxic and close minded.
                      Independent of how much one supports the promoted utopic ideals and promises, it is important to always differentiate.
                      Many adults seem unable to make the distinction between black, white and grey zones and get blinded into an extreme corner, so how can you expect children with their limited education and weak wills to do so?
                      We already had a similar thread half a year ago where many people felt personally attacked by purely objective comments and resorted to bias, prejudice, generalisation, stubborness, low cooperation and just a lot of hate.
                      In the end ubisoft - like most companies nowadays - gave in to the biggest mass, not the best (imo anyway) arguments.

Since growtopias target playerbase consists of mainly preteens and teens it is undoubtedly required for staff to do their utmost to ensure a safe enfironvment.
                      Free of any political bias.

Comment

I hate to be the pragmatist, but what actually does accomplish something is notifying moderators so they are better able to locate and deal with the problem in-game.

The argument is not whether either side has validity existing, but rather what business it has existing here. It is not because, “This is a game for kids,” that politics, religion, and the like are prohibited topics. Discussion is curtailed involving those topics because it makes people intransigent jerks that ruin the entire environment of the game with their hot takes and morality brigades. Insinuating the circumstances for acceptable discourse involving those topics would be any different if there were no children around is not a candid picture to paint.
                        Originally posted by tson
                        *** concentrated yeast hell no i didnt eat that ****
                        Just finished transcribing this…deliberating on whether or not to adapt it into Growtopia.
                        The answer is yes and at NOTE63.

Contact Info:

Comment

Working...
                        X