X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARPHER
    replied
    i see growtopia as a family friendly game but the community isn't

i am hoping that the mods will find a way to erase Broadcasted messages so that other people wont be able to see them

Leave a comment:

• ARPHER
    commented on 's reply
    i only see mods doing actions to player who directly attacks other mods. I never saw them stopping an sb war between 2 countries

• LosArbitos
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, I also believe that adding this to GT is a bad idea. People really should keep their private life, private.

• Ohlid
    replied
    Originally posted by DeLixx View Post
    This thread doesnt belong to this subforum and should've been moved long ago.
    Considering it wasn't and you didn't get punished for it I think it's obvious, that staff doesn't promote homophobia, as some people make believe. They would've just closed this thread to prevent drama.

Apart from that I don't like the idea of singling out specific types of insults and going above set infraction guidelines, simply because you feel relateable to the insult as this creates a very narrow mindset.
    You ignore that the people that write such things simply wanted to use insults regardless of whether they're true or not.
    It's a bit odd to shout 'homophobia', when the target of the insult likely wasn't homosexual, rather a vulgar kid himself.
    Ductaping/silencing players on their first infraction is enough to get the message across and teach a lesson.
    ​​​
    Moderators have been punishing this kind of behavior and will continue to do so to the best of their capabilities.
    ^
    This suffices until a week from now when we get the same tacit accusation with precisely one observed anecdotal account in a different thread. Then, you will simply have to post this blurb there as well.

Leave a comment:

• Taxman
    replied
    Staff policy is clear and they have already made their point, this thread should be closed before people get into arguments and get punished for it.

Leave a comment:

• DeLixx
    replied
    This thread doesnt belong to this subforum and should've been moved long ago.
    Considering it wasn't and you didn't get punished for it I think it's obvious, that staff doesn't promote homophobia, as some people make believe. They would've just closed this thread to prevent drama.

Apart from that I don't like the idea of singling out specific types of insults and going above set infraction guidelines, simply because you feel relateable to the insult as this creates a very narrow mindset.
    You ignore that the people that write such things simply wanted to use insults regardless of whether they're true or not.
    It's a bit odd to shout 'homophobia', when the target of the insult likely wasn't homosexual, rather a vulgar kid himself.
    Ductaping/silencing players on their first infraction is enough to get the message across and teach a lesson.
    ​​​
    Moderators have been punishing this kind of behavior and will continue to do so to the best of their capabilities.

Leave a comment:

• sifo0o
    commented on 's reply
    bro i'm from the UAE, and we don't hate homosexuality its banned due to "religious" reasons.

• JesseFIN
    replied
    Originally posted by GrowH View Post

So, we ban all of the homophobia, that's the conclusion, right? RIGHT?

Homophobia is hate towards people, it belongs on the same list of behaviour as racism, sexism and other discrimination. Obviously people who act in that manner should be punished.

As for the suggestion of taping/muting the people, I feel like a 1-2 day ban would be more effective, as some people proudly show off the fact that they are muted, making the whole punishment obsolete.

Leave a comment:

• Komando
    replied
    Originally posted by Feigenn View Post
    I don't get the point of banning someone for being racist but act blindly towards homophobia. : ' (((
    game is clearly againts homophobia they dont specifically ignore homophobic acts for example in the game dude named GAY got warned to change his name because he makes a gay stereotype sorta memes it and this is his way to fame i guess but he got warned. also i suggest you to develop a thick skin if you cry over toxic people being homophobic then you shouldnt be on internet for your own mental health

Leave a comment:

• Ecrivain
    replied
    Gotta admit those sb wars is kinda amusing sometimes

Leave a comment:

• GrowH
    commented on 's reply
    LETS4GO I don't refer to any particular punishment method when I say "ban" in this context, though I do think a day-long ban would be a much-superior punishment for anything that would get you cursed or taped. Let them take a break from the game and think about what they did, you know?

• Moi
    replied
    Originally posted by JesseFIN View Post
    Regardless of your stance on the subject, keep it private or in your inner circle. Growtopia shouldn't be the place for politics or social issues, as people will always have views that differ from those of other individuals. These discussions do nothing but create arguments. Let people be how they are, mind your own business, and bring your opinions to light elsewhere.
    But this is pertaining insults made by people in-game?

Leave a comment:

• LETS4GO
    commented on 's reply
    Just tape them, it acts as a deterrent and keeps players from being banned.

• ixao
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think that the conclusion should be that straight. There are a lot of problems related to either homophobia or racism.

• ixao
    replied
    Hey,

I would like to give my opinion on this topic as it seems to receive a grand scheme all across social media and the internet. Initially, I agree on the point that there should be no discrimination of any sort. This includes your preference on which gender you like, your beliefs, your skin color, your nationality and much more. These titles should have no place in Growtopia as a big amount of it's player base is not capable to understand negativity and go on with other's sayings and the fact that these titles can cause arguments that leads to punishments. It's both a con for the community and overall reputation of Growtopia as a game. I am aware that there are people recruited and carefully placed into their positions whom are responsible to give punishments to those who disagrees with being civil and goes on with his / her surroundings', parent's take on anything offensive. This heavily helps the community as they are trying their best to keep everything as best as they can. But, it is not enough. People who really is up to hurting someone or a group of people always find a way to escape from the punishments and continue spreading negativity all across Growtopia whether by using Super-Broadcasts or directly harassing them by messaging.

This is the main problem. A big part of the community is infected and cannot be healed. I, personally think that only giving out punishments and suspensions would be enough to ATLEAST stop a very little amount of this mass of people to stop. I mean, don't get me wrong. They do work but they are not clear enough. It should be more aperture that anyone who is responsible for anything offensive or discriminative will get punished, either in-game or at the forums. Plus, there should be a way to check the chats in order to prevent players harassing one other face to face. These solutions would be fix to both preventing arguments and giving out a clearer message on being civil.

There is also a lot of people who quote on quote "trying to help" but couldn't. I get the fact that they are either trying to guard one other or something related to them. But, they just bully or harass the one infront of them thus making both sides wrong. This also should not be the case as people should be able to make some emphaty between each other, even if they are currently in an argument or even a war. This is something that an individual can achieve by themselves but I still find it interesting and unworthy to get this much hate on either a person, or a group of them.

Hope this topic gets some attention as it is very important, and hope people understand that this is both unappealing and a seemingly bad thing towards the community of Growtopia.

Hope you all have a great day / night,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X