• Show
Clear All

• Why did the website did this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-11-07 动态排名数据可视化 ver1 7 By Jannchie.png
Views:	121
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	6945449
    First, a picture to describe me what I am currently working on (unfinished).

When I am working on transcribing prices from the biggest item price directory website from advanced approaches like from html lines, I just found that the website has its code encrypted, as of Nov 11, 2020, which means I can no longer see the prices there, thus I have to input everything manually, which is tedious. Can the website owners explain what's going on?
    Attached Files
    I like:
    • Data Visualizations
    • Front-end Web Developing
    • Python & Java Programming
    My Blog Website: https://datario.viz.github.io

• Instagram: @mrdatario
    • YouTube: Datario
    • Discord: Datario#5606
    Have a Good Day!

growstocks?
    why post here tho
    Write something...

Comment

Text required -forums
      Attached Files
      IGN : Polyphia

Comment

Yes it was growstocks. I just checked out their discord server. Apparently web-scraping the website to get prices is not allowed. BruH
        I like:
        • Data Visualizations
        • Front-end Web Developing
        • Python & Java Programming
        My Blog Website: https://datario.viz.github.io

• Instagram: @mrdatario
        • YouTube: Datario
        • Discord: Datario#5606
        Have a Good Day!

Comment

Originally posted by Boots of Hermes View Post
        First, a picture to describe me what I am currently working on (unfinished).

When I am working on transcribing prices from the biggest item price directory website from advanced approaches like from html lines, I just found that the website has its code encrypted, as of Nov 11, 2020, which means I can no longer see the prices there, thus I have to input everything manually, which is tedious. Can the website owners explain what's going on?
        Originally posted by Boots of Hermes View Post
        Yes it was growstocks. I just checked out their discord server. Apparently web-scraping the website to get prices is not allowed. BruH
        yeah. we're trying to prevent false DDoS alerts to activate due to web scraping (to which also hinders the users from using the site in its normal state). that's pretty much the reason why we're (trying) to make the site unscrapable.

The Online Stock Market

Comment

Working...
        X