Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next time there is a dupe can we just not lock anything?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next time there is a dupe can we just not lock anything?...

So apparently people think removing all these items only takes like an hour.

So let’s just not lock anything next time. I honestly do not care if it ruins the game or if people get pissed off that their items drop in price because they’ll get pissed off if they have to wait 3 minutes anyways.

so uh yea. Can we show what happens basically when we don’t rollback or lock anything next time?

Can we show what happens basically when we don’t rollback or lock anything next time?
    my guesses are that the dupe will be widely distributed between other players making it even hard to track down those dupes and that dupe also has a high potential of causing an economic crash and it will take a long time to recover from damages that was caused

aside from that, the social status of the game will be heavily affected and most players will play take an unfair advantages such as manipulating the dupe or spreading fake news toward others

soooooooo, i guess its okay if they just kinda lock them (but atleast dont lock it for too long)
    IGN : Dr. xWeird
    what happens if the apple itself becomes a doctor?

Discord : weird#2183 | IG : @weirduwo

classic green weirdo on forums

Comment

• BigBootyLuigi
      BigBootyLuigi commented
      Editing a comment
      Define too long

• IWasWeird
      IWasWeird commented
      Editing a comment
      2-5 weeks or so

Saddens me to see people failing to realize the satire

Comment

• BigBootyLuigi
      BigBootyLuigi commented
      Editing a comment
      There is no satire. I think we should just not lock anything next time. Oh and if there is a game breaking bug too we should just not fix it btw. 5 hours is just sooo long to wait until I can play Growtopia again!

yes yes rip gt people go brrrrrrrrrrrr

On a serious note, to anyone that supports contributing to duping and proceeding to cry that the server is rolling back and they're getting banned...

No.
    This is Sumo. He's just a random level 74 Growtopian.

That's it. What else d'you wanna know?

Comment

Originally posted by Spyroboy View Post
      So apparently people think removing all these items only takes like an hour.

So let’s just not lock anything next time. I honestly do not care if it ruins the game or if people get pissed off that their items drop in price because they’ll get pissed off if they have to wait 3 minutes anyways.

so uh yea. Can we show what happens basically when we don’t rollback or lock anything next time?
      so basically you agree that dupers deserve to be rich from duping? How about those who bought the items without knowing its duped and its suddenly removed? Wouldn't it make people want to quit growtopia which isn't good for ubisoft? well unfortunately there are still people that care. what i think is a better solution is to speed up things because ubisoft take a hell lot of time and i do think honesty is better than giving high hopes but didn't grant it. For the rollbacks, the rollbacks seemed to have many errors since people can lose items due to rollback but rollback damage isn't that much of it than not rollbacked.

Comment

• mykzben
        mykzben commented
        Editing a comment
        Can i wooosh this guy?

• bus16
        bus16 commented
        Editing a comment
        mykzben Yes

+1
      I also think if a new dupe method is found, it shouldn't be patched and should just become a new profit method. Like instead of farming for hours to get +20% or so more seeds just dupe them and get 100% more!! After that, growtopia's economy will thrive and debt rates will drop to 0%

Comment

• LinCie
        LinCie commented
        Editing a comment
        Holy 💩, you're a genius

Easy solution: rollback 2000 days
      Arguing with a fool proves there are two

Comment

Remove all items so there's nothing to dupe! Work smart not hard.

Comment

• bus16
          bus16 commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 Gets rid of scammers as well,in fact just delete the game,no game = no dupes and no scammers and no game also leads to unemployment so ubisoft can keep even more money in their pockets!

I actually agree with this satirical idea

Let the impatient duping scums suffer the economic breakdown and quit the game
        IGN: Deftera

My web novel (Japanese):
        https://www.pixiv.net/users/42148533 (pixiv)
        https://kakuyomu.jp/works/16816452218907544325 (Kakuyomu)
        https://www.reddit.com/r/Shingenkai/ (Subreddit)

Comment

GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT

If they want a broken game, then so be it

Comment

They already don't remove most items. For example during the Spelunkorama dupe, they only went after the Growie Awards & WOTD Trophies and never removed anything else that was duped. Singlehandedly destroyed the prices of weather machines for a long time. Also the recent 'resurfacing' of the duped items from a past incident just shows that they did not remove a good chunk of the duped items and just swept it under the rug hoping that no one would notice.

Jedaki

Comment

Great idea!! And instead of locking items, why not they close the server while they purge the game of illegally-acquired items. In this situation, they are also able to detect months-old dupe glitches and their results! Its a great win!
              Originally posted by Jedaki;n6926758
              suddenly when a youtuber gets hacked/scammed, the logs magically appear

Comment

Alright now, hear me out: wipe the servers, delete everything, and start all over again.

2013, 1.0, 10k gem wls and wooden window farms.
                :hat​​​​:Greetings, fellow forumer!

Comment

Originally posted by Crunchyy View Post
                  Great idea!! And instead of locking items, why not they close the server while they purge the game of illegally-acquired items. In this situation, they are also able to detect months-old dupe glitches and their results! Its a great win!
                  Also make locked items wearable because I honestly dont see the point in making them unwearable

Comment

• Crunchyy
                    Crunchyy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ohhh so thats why ppl've been whining about zeus being locked.

Didnt know they made them unwearable too
                Working...
                X