My experience with Ubisoft support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experience with Ubisoft support

My account has been suspended as "it is deemed to be a security threat (for example, banned for IAP fraud or hacking)". I have emailed support countless of times to resolve this problem as I have not committed any fraud or hacking in any sorts. Honestly, the responses I received felt automated and was even told that they would not be responding to my emails anymore. Great way of treating your customers.

Since they have not given me any detailed explanations, I'm assuming this is about my most recent purchase. Note that this situation occurred a month ago, but was hesitate to share my story since I was still in the middle of talking to support about my case. The story, I purchased the 365 days subscription and hours later the rift capes were released in the store. It's a cool item and I thought it would be a good investment, so I refunded the subscription so I could buy a couple rift capes instead. I requested the refund and received it and bought some rift capes and the following day my account got suspended.

I emailed support about my situation and got no help. In addition, I told them that I did not consume or use the subscription or the growtokens I received, I kept them in my untradeable box so that I would not use them by mistake. If I had use the subscription or growtokens and then requested a refund, that's a totally different story, but I didn't. I don't understand how this is IAP fraud. I simply made a refund. We're are only human, we're allowed to change our minds. I have been a Growtopia player since 2013 and have a clean record for many many years. This is extremely frustrating, but I guess it is what it is.
    IGN: KRAG

Sounds normal to me. Try to contact a mod directly, maybe they can help somehow, though I doubt that.

Comment

• Kragor
      Kragor commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve talked to some moderators/guardians, but unfortunately they can’t help me with this problem. This is something only support can assist me with. I wonder if I were a content creator or famous in-game, would my case of been treated differently?

• Vale0203
      Vale0203 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your case would have already been resolved

Damnn...so $10 wasted
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-server-for-gt
    Check this idea out for a bug free GT! ^^

Comment

• Kragor
      Kragor commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely more than that 😶

• Vale0203
      Vale0203 commented
      Editing a comment
      just refund whatever you can, and either move on or get a new account

That's Ubisoft support for you. Full of automated responses, no details, and constant ignorance. Sorry for your account loss my friend.
    Hi, I'm Daisy!

Comment

i think it is fraud. What u put reason in app or play store when u ask refund? I have never done it so idk. But somehow i think that there is no option like "i want refund this earlier purchase cause i need this money for better things". If item is as described and u decide to buy it, you can't mostly return it in digital stuff. But like i said, never done this so idk details. I just know that i wouldn't never ever do anything like this.

Comment

• Kragor
        Kragor commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t think so. We’re only human and we can change our minds. If I had use the items received and then requested a refund, that would be fraud.

We can use a real life example such as purchasing clothing. When you purchase a shirt and hours later the store releases a different jacket which you’re totally in love with. Assuming you can’t afford both, you’ll naturally return the shirt so you can purchase the jacket.

• QueenChloe
        QueenChloe commented
        Editing a comment
        IRL u can't return digital stuff, see steam etc. Clothes are totally different thing, cause maybe that clothe didn't fit for u, but i bet that subscription has no size. Same if i buy netfilx month today and tomorrow (or 5min later) i want get rid of it, cause nothing to watch in there. Can i? No. Digital material is not meant to return. Why u didn't ask before action?

• Vale0203
        Vale0203 commented
        Editing a comment
        Taking your example - Steam, it allows you to refund within 14 days or 2 hours of playtime. Refunded stuff multiple times, never had a single issue. And other games have no issue refunding stuff as long as it was not used.

I don't think that's a valid reason for a refund. It's like asking for a refund on bling wings because rift cape is better. But I personally don't think you deserved a suspension for it, a fair warning should've been sufficient, nonetheless both are at fault but can still be fixed. I hope your ban gets lifted it's a shame to see a player go because of something small.

Comment

• Kragor
        Kragor commented
        Editing a comment
        In my case, I requested a refund through apple and they decide whether my reason is valid or not. They approved it and it went through, I kinda wish it had not though so I wouldn’t be in this mess. I totally agree that a warning should of been enough or any other sort of punishment. Sucks that I’m receiving the same punishment as someone who hacks or sell dls.

You said you put your growtokens in a untrade box. That might have got you flagged as iap fraud because they can't get the growtokens from your inventory and maybe they assumed that you spent them.
      My channel : Alper04
      In-game name : TsarBlyatinum

Goals:
      * Focused eyes (Done!)
      * Get zeus (6/7)
      * Get caged ldrag (6/30)

Comment

• Kragor
        Kragor commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what I thought too. I emailed support and told them my story in detail, but I keep receiving the same automated message. It feels like they didn’t even bother reading my story.

I still would want different bans to us... 60 and perma aren't really options. There should be other length too. Like 180 days, 2 year and even 3 year what ends after 3 year. This case could give example 180 days. It would be big punishment, but better than perma. 180 days would teach serious lesson while he didn't abuse system. But... idk, maybe they fear that then all ppl start make frauds easier.

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
        I still would want different bans to us... 60 and perma aren't really options. There should be other length too. Like 180 days, 2 year and even 3 year what ends after 3 year. This case could give example 180 days. It would be big punishment, but better than perma. 180 days would teach serious lesson while he didn't abuse system. But... idk, maybe they fear that then all ppl start make frauds easier.
        This. GT's ban system is incredibly broken. More to that, the person now will be banned even after 730 days ban period if he decides wait it out and create a new account, which I believe is honestly stupid, there is no logical reason for that. If we talk about bans, at least I believe that when getting suspended, after 730 days people should be able to create new accounts and play freely.

Comment

• QueenChloe
          QueenChloe commented
          Editing a comment
          they do yes, but they lost their stuff in that ban and that is the biggest punishment. But in some cases, it's just too much. If person didn't sell dls or auto or host csn, then mostly perma ban is lil too much

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
        Agreed, the suspension is too excessive. Some players should be given a second chance. Especially players who have a clean record for many many years.

In this case, I believe a warning should of done the trick instead of a suspension, but oh well. If a well known GT player were in this situation, their case would of been resolved already

Comment

Maybe it is your mistake there. You shouldn't have put the subscription & Gtoken in the Untradeabox since it is most likely that the items should be in your inventory so they can retrieve the items when you made a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Deruzu Gyujiru View Post
            Maybe it is your mistake there. You shouldn't have put the subscription & Gtoken in the Untradeabox since it is most likely that the items should be in your inventory so they can retrieve the items when you made a refund.
            Yeah, I put it in my untradeable box just in-case. Didn’t want to use it by mistake or else I would be in big trouble.

Comment

Working...
            X