Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TurtlePirate View Post
    (Xiaomi Redmi Note 7)

I play Growtopia on mobile, after a month the menu, chat & friendlist button burned out and transparent game icons formed on my screen later.

I've heard that the screen starts to fade due to bright pixels on your screen and after a while, the icons from the application will burn out on your screen.

Example: There's a lot of bright & contrast buttons in Growtopia and they'll burn out on your screen later, which means you'll see transparent icons from the game on your screen even if you closed the game, they're permanent, so you won't be able to remove them.

Solution: If those bright & contrast buttons would be less bright & contrast, then they obviously wouldn't damage your screen anymore.
    It's true though, this does happen when the same pixels on your screen is displaying the exact same thing for a long period of time. That's why people tend turn off their smart televisions when not in use, to prevent the pixels from burning and forming an image onto the screen.

Try using a different device for a while or reducing your screen brightness while playing, to give your poor pixels a break from all that displaying!.
    IGN - MineDeath

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor .

Instagram:
    Instagram Link!
    Discord:
    Discord Link!

Comment

this sorts of stuff happens to every electronic display surface (from calculators to massive supercomputer GUIs). But the time it'll revert back depends. Phone displays usually get rid of the burns after a few hours being turned off, or simply displaying a different screen overlays the burns

P.S. This is about minor burns (e.g. faint buttons being visible)
      I like my world locks like I like my plural nouns.
      Plural
      IGN : SimpForJesus

Comment

I was told once that it can happen more if you play games while charging as it increases your device temperature more.
        IGN: CandleJack

Comment

Originally posted by CandleJack View Post
          I was told once that it can happen more if you play games while charging as it increases your device temperature more.
          Well if your device temperature increases, then there is a definite chance that your pixels would end up burning, but I'm not really sure if your device temperature would really increase that much when charging.

Probably depends on which device or something.
          IGN - MineDeath

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor .

Instagram:
          Instagram Link!
          Discord:
          Discord Link!

Comment

OLED screens have burn in issues. My own phone has caught burn in aswell. Not from Growtopia tho because i never play it basically.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by CandleJack View Post
            could be a possibility. My phone for instance heats up alot while charging because of 18W fast charging.
            Level 43/50
            Main world: ALRGEM
            IGN:Romia
            New IG Account: @romia_gt

Super inactive ingame. Don't expect to see me online. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TurtlePirate View Post
              (Xiaomi Redmi Note 7)

I play Growtopia on mobile, after a month the menu, chat & friendlist button burned out and transparent game icons formed on my screen later.

I've heard that the screen starts to fade due to bright pixels on your screen and after a while, the icons from the application will burn out on your screen.

Example: There's a lot of bright & contrast buttons in Growtopia and they'll burn out on your screen later, which means you'll see transparent icons from the game on your screen even if you closed the game, they're permanent, so you won't be able to remove them.

Solution: If those bright & contrast buttons would be less bright & contrast, then they obviously wouldn't damage your screen anymore.
              cant wait for battery burn then explode
              Hello!
              Instagram: @Idiot.cat
              Goals: to help people in forums, to get focused eyes, and to meet new peoples.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedaki View Post
                yall just got trash phones
                this is a common issue with displays of all types regardless of quality, and it isn’t exclusive to growtopia
                IGN: Tlaloc1
                Level 97 / 125
                1,000,000 gems / 1,000,000 - achieved 7/1/2020
                Steam
                Switch Friend Code - SW-7893-5905-4585

Comment

Working...
                X