This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lags on PC

Lag spikes are STILL not fixed. And game is not optimized either. Only uses 1 thread out of 12 that I have (Ryzen 5 2600), and not even close to 100% load on it. Game is dropping fps, while 1 thread is loaded to 60-70% and the rest are sleeping. Any plans on fixing that?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...83#post4141083
            Years Playing GT: 6 (almost 7) years
            Old IGN: Owenge
            New IGN: BanWave

Comment

It's nothing new, either. There's countless other threads about this exact issue and Ubisoft are doing nothing about it.
              hi I'm dyn and I love mistie 💘
              IGN: Dynnie
              Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! ❤️

Comment

Originally posted by Vale0203 View Post
                Lag spikes are STILL not fixed. And game is not optimized either. Only uses 1 thread out of 12 that I have (Ryzen 5 2600), and not even close to 100% load on it. Game is dropping fps, while 1 thread is loaded to 60-70% and the rest are sleeping. Any plans on fixing that?
                I've got the ryzen 5-1600, and it has the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by HugeLock View Post
                  I've got the ryzen 5-1600, and it has the same problem.
                  1600 has a bit worse IPC so it's not surprising that you have the same problem

Comment

definetly agree, every other game such as League of legends, CS:GO, Minecraft and many more never lag but Growtopia lags? something is definetly wrong with this game.

Comment

Simple, stop using the Proton SDK Seth used in the early days and move on with Unity or something similar.
                      Proton SDK is good for Mobile games but not PC/Mac games.

This might also be the reason why the PC version is still in "beta" after all these years, re-writing the game on another engine will take a lot of work and I hope they will soon make it on another engine that supports more CPU usage.
                      Anyways, check out my Youtube Channel . I make beats

Comment

Originally posted by Sombodi View Post
                        Simple, stop using the Proton SDK Seth used in the early days and move on with Unity or something similar.
                        Proton SDK is good for Mobile games but not PC/Mac games.

This might also be the reason why the PC version is still in "beta" after all these years, re-writing the game on another engine will take a lot of work and I hope they will soon make it on another engine that supports more CPU usage.
                        It's optimized for 2013 devices as of now and technology has gone very far since then. We definitely need a new game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Vale0203 View Post
                          It's optimized for 2013 devices as of now and technology has gone very far since then. We definitely need a new game engine.
                          If they could fix the engine OR if they can make Seth work on it (the engine) then it would be a big + for us PC, Mac and Android users (iOS seems pretty fine)

Edit: although they still need to update some stuff after doing this, updating the engine is the best way so that they can save the time re-writing the whole game and all the physics/animations of the game.
                          Anyways, check out my Youtube Channel . I make beats

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X