Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[MERGED] Crashing Glitch & Commands not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MERGED] Crashing Glitch & Commands not working.

Hey everyone. Just hijacking this thread to keep you in the loop.

The crash issue is being investigated right now - hopefully everything should be back to normal before long. We're aware of the fact that the recent server restart to apply some fixes had an unintentional side-effect of commands not being able to be input.

This is being looked into as well, and hopefully will also be back to normal before long.

I'll keep you up to date on any info in this thread.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Misthios; 01-11-2020, 08:43 PM.
    Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

U on pc? I have this same problem in love and i think that i maybe know what they do, but not sure, we need mods
    Level: 125
    Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
    My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
    Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
    Instagram: QueenChloeGT
    How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
      U on pc? I have this same problem in love and i think that i maybe know what they do, but not sure, we need mods
      Yeah, im affected as well.
      GrowCord - Discord Bot
      The only growtopia discord bot that post DQs, tweets and more into your discord server.
      ==
      Discord: MrAugu#7917
      ==
      Full-stack developer.
      ==
      *Daily Quests, WOTD, Last Two Tweets, Daily News

Comment

This is what happens:

Comment

Can we get some mod online and ban this dude? Even when there is others, banning some would help. This one has mini u in his acc so maybe he wouldn't like to get banned..

Comment

Originally posted by Romai Mori
            Lately I have been suddenly crashing out of nowhere, first comes a freeze, then the game crashes.

It’s not just me either... People in SEEDS are also experiencing this
            I think it’s a server malfunction or something
            This has been happening to me too. Happened to me in UAE, Seeds, Buyghc. These crashes aren't random and definitely not from the servers. I can tell because they only happen at some populated worlds.

These are attacks and I assume a bug that some kid found which enabled him to crash the world and this time not just the sub server. I'm not an expert on these type of matters but I assume that they're basically over sending packets to the server and thus making that specific world to crash. Maybe they get bots to enter and leave the world super fast at the same time? I don't know but they're definitely not from the server itself. Mods, staff, anyone please investigate this as I can't go to any populated worlds without crashing because of these people.
            Just a proficient Growtopian who enjoys playing the game. Available whenever and always glad to help.
            ~FAK

Comment

Originally posted by Fathi11 GT View Post
              This has been happening to me too. Happened to me in UAE, Seeds, Buyghc. These crashes aren't random and definitely not from the servers. I can tell because they only happen at some populated worlds.

These are attacks and I assume a bug that some kid found which enabled him to crash the world and this time not just the sub server. I'm not an expert on these type of matters but I assume that they're basically over sending packets to the server and thus making that specific world to crash. Maybe they get bots to enter and leave the world super fast at the same time? I don't know but they're definitely not from the server itself. Mods, staff, anyone please investigate this as I can't go to any populated worlds without crashing because of these people.
              See my vid. they does that for pc memory. Suddenly gt uses 100% of my pc memory and game crash. I can see who does it and when i ignore dude, i'm safe

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
                See my vid. they does that for pc memory. Suddenly gt uses 100% of my pc memory and game crash. I can see who does it and when i ignore dude, i'm safe
                But my pc's memory could run any game smoothly at no lag no matter what so I'm not really sure if it's from the memory. Even if he can overload the game, my pc would never reach 100% pc memory or even any close to that value so idk tbf. Well my only hope is to wait till they sleep and then go to the worlds
                Just a proficient Growtopian who enjoys playing the game. Available whenever and always glad to help.
                ~FAK

Comment

But my pc's memory could run any game smoothly at no lag no matter what so I'm not really sure if it's from the memory. Even if he can overload the game, my pc would never reach 100% pc memory or even any close to that value so idk tbf. Well my only hope is to wait till they sleep and then go to the worlds
                  well i have 16GB ram and boom all used in just seconds. And no, in normal case my pc wont use over 40% of memory

In my vid all is in Finnish so Mt is same as MB, so if 16GB ram is not enough for growtopia then there is much players who are absolutely screwed

Comment

Uhm Devs you better check growtopia again

For some reason we always crash. Like you game freeze and never move and your phone gets hot for some reason.
                    Originally posted by Yasuo
                    *Hasagi*
                    Originally posted by AlsoYasuo
                    *Soryegadon*

Comment

The crash occurs when someone is doing the Percent(%) glitch. I bet you all know this. But I don't know if it is really the Percent Glitch cause this. On my observation: Everytime when someone does this glitch, it causes lag and the game crashes.

I'm so GLAM,
                      I sweat GLITTER.

Comment

Crashing glitch

hey guys theres a new glitch going around where these certain characters make you crash. people spam it especially in worlds that have a lot of people trying to trade or socialize. its %`%`%`%`%`%`%`%`%`%`%`%`%. its really annoying and i have to close the whole growtopia window and restart it. devs or mods ban and fix this plz its getting really annoying. the world LOVE has a bunch of these spammers. smh

Comment

RANDOM GAME CRASH / FREEZE . new

so i had problems before on mobile where game would freeze . actualy game didnt freeze i would just be unable to use any butons. i would still be able to see chat and people move, so i had to hard crash it and restart app.

but this is NEW . it makes me freeze out my whole screen . music that was in world keeps playing . but my whole screen freezes , and chat and buttons .

this started from anniversary update .

my game freezes like every 5-20 min

and many times game JUST CRASH totaly .

please fix this guys i play only on mobile . (galaxy s9+)
                          ign: V3K1

Comment

Regardless of what computer you have regardless if your computer is 300€ or most expensive you can find, a memory leak can take up any arbitrary amount of memory and at some point if its the case taking all the available memory to the OS thus making whole pc freeze or just the window itself, any amount of memory can be filled/allocated to any application and if you dont do panoramic 20m px raw photo composition at the same time playing gt, is most likely a memoey leak from gt.
                            GrowCord - Discord Bot
                            The only growtopia discord bot that post DQs, tweets and more into your discord server.
                            ==
                            Discord: MrAugu#7917
                            ==
                            Full-stack developer.
                            ==
                            *Daily Quests, WOTD, Last Two Tweets, Daily News

Comment

Originally posted by Aeios View Post
                              The crash occurs when someone is doing the Percent(%) glitch. I bet you all know this. But I don't know if it is really the Percent Glitch cause this. On my observation: Everytime when someone does this glitch, it causes lag and the game crashes.
                              The crash occurs when someone says in the chat a certain combination of characters like % and `. Everytime someone says in chat that combination the game instantly freezes and crashes. We need this to be fixed asap. I'll update more info soon once I get it.
                              ~FAK

Comment

Working...
                              X