[Merge] Name Swapping Visual Glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimIzPro View Post
    There's a new glitch where your name visually changes into someone's name in your world. Take note that this is a VISUAL GLITCH meaning others cannot see it. After you re-log back, you get your original name again.

Here's a photo:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]239337[/ATTACH]
    Yep! i can fix it by enabling my blue name though.
    Growtopian since 12 January 2013 but all traces of my existence before 2016 have been erased.
    IGN:Quarterstone
    Level:125

Comment

Temporary Name Change

I've noticed that in random worlds sometimes when a person enters and the owner is present, the owner's name would change to be the exact same as the person that just entered and is also no longer green. The owner would then have to leave and reenter to get rid of it.
      Goals: Level 15 guild.
      IGN: LowkeyThicc
      Guild: Guild
      Guild World: OfficialGuild

Comment

Hey! I will be merging this thread with the other threads with similar topic.

Comment

I've seen this happen recently, it's still not patched. Quite cool though.

Comment

I had someone else name!

Something very very strange happened to me today. I was buying surgery packs from growtopia store, when i closed the store i randomly had someone else name. My username is uueess, after closing the store my name was randomly kakasih_614, also my flag changed from american flag to indonesian flag. It seemed like it was just visual bug because when i left the world and entered again then it dissapeared. Everything else seemed fine, even when i wrenched myself it showed my real name, that random name appeared only above my growtopian.

Comment

https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...-Visual-Glitch

Yep
              Sell Secret of Growtopia at BARTERS, left of white door 60/wl.

Buying any surgical tools 20/wl(Assorted are accepted). Message me

Comment

Unfortunately this is now your new, permanent name. I hope you like the way it sounds because you can actually never change it.

I would recommend you change your personality to fit your new name, because you're going to be stuck with it forever.
                IGN: Clarken
                Since July 2, 2014

Services you may need!: https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...04#post4275404

Buy all riding bumble bees 25 each

Comment

Very strange, haven't seen that before. Thanks for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Clarken (ciarken) View Post
                  Unfortunately this is now your new, permanent name. I hope you like the way it sounds because you can actually never change it.

I would recommend you change your personality to fit your new name, because you're going to be stuck with it forever.
                  Hahah, well, you made my day. Thanks

Comment

The username glitch

This glitch HAS to be fixed someday. This is how the glitch occurs:

You go into a random world alone or with a friend, after that, when a person enters the world the glitch might occur. Your name or your friend’s name will change, even if they leave. But after you leave and rejoin, the glitch will disappear. This glitch has to be changed tho, dont really wanna mistake my friend or people for somebody else..
                    support my idea! http://www.growtopiagame.com/forums/...tion-Dice-Item

Comment

it happened to me as well, I was afk in a random world (because I have a quest to break 1k blocks) but some random player joined and my name changed. Not only my name changed my flag also changed. This just happened like 5 min ago. I experienced this as well back then in Pineapple Party. hopefully it soon can be fixed. Also, you can just rejoin to reset your flag and name if its changed

Comment

Hey guys! I will be merging this thread with the other threads with similar topic.

Comment

Hey guys! I will be merging this thread with the other threads with similar topic.

Comment

lmao same I was walking around in my friends world when my name changed to nubie-some numbers and I was scared af. exit world and saw Phloqiston left. bruh
                            Doing a TapJoy thing, I'll be inactive in-game.

GrowID: Phloqiston
                            World: BDCMARS
                            Discord: Phloqiston#2840

Comment

Originally posted by JimIzPro View Post
                              There's a new glitch where your name visually changes into someone's name in your world. Take note that this is a VISUAL GLITCH meaning others cannot see it. After you re-log back, you get your original name again.

Here's a photo:
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]239337[/ATTACH]
                              Still happening, it's sort of funny really 😁,but I do hope it gets fixed soon,it 8s causing confusion with some players
                              Be kind to all,stay skeptical,don't bully because it is hurtful and no one likes pain. Enjoy life 💜

Comment

Growtopia player glitch

Hello, i have noticed when entering a world with atleast 10 people there happens a visual glitch, someone’s elses name for example USER1 has the same name as me (USER1) but typing in chat would show your actual name. This is kinda rare but it happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X