X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (LOW FPS) Absolutely Unplayable.

Important update:
    Originally posted by Garodus_ View Post
    Update 2: Bug was not related fully to Growtopia, it was related to a keyboard setting.

Let's first talk about PC specs, to give some context.
    I have an i5-7400, a GTX 1050 Ti and 8GB 2400MHz of RAM (Single Channel). Growtopia is installed on My Hard drive, which is my second disc. It's in the path "D:/Apps/Growtopia"
    I use a 75Hz 1080p Monitor
    Growtopia runs fulllscreen, no audio, full details.

On the title screen the games usage is approximately 31% CPU, 10% GPU and 150MBs RAM
    On the Login screen it's approximately the same, but GPU use decreases to approx. 8%
    Standing still in my world FARMOOG, I get the Same CPU and RAM usage, but GPU increases to 12%, probably because of flashing lights.

Here's the problem though, most of the time while walking around I get INSANE frame drops for Multiple seconds, sometimes leaving the game to a "Not Responding" state.
    When this happens CPU drops to 3%, RAM stays at 150MBs and GPU drops to basically 0%. This happens when I change a state of a block, for example Punching or running through Doors, which have an Opened and Closed state. If you keep walking instead of standing still for stabilization, the game can Crash. [Windows 10]
    This literally makes the game unplayable, since you can't punch or walk through state-changing blocks (including Lasergrid).

Through all of this Disk Usage stays lower than 1%, so the location shouldn't matter.
    Last edited by Garodus_; 08-08-2020, 10:20 PM.
    ~Garodus

Originally posted by Garodus_ View Post
    Let's first talk about PC specs, to give some context.
    I have an i5-7400, a GTX 1050 Ti and 8GB 2400MHz of RAM (Single Channel). Growtopia is installed on My Hard drive, which is my second disc. It's in the path "D:/Apps/Growtopia"
    I use a 75Hz 1080p Monitor
    Growtopia runs fulllscreen, no audio, full details.

On the title screen the games usage is approximately 31% CPU, 10% GPU and 150MBs RAM
    On the Login screen it's approximately the same, but GPU use decreases to approx. 8%
    Standing still in my world FARMOOG, I get the Same CPU and RAM usage, but GPU increases to 12%, probably because of flashing lights.

Here's the problem though, most of the time while walking around I get INSANE frame drops for Multiple seconds, sometimes leaving the game to a "Not Responding" state.
    When this happens CPU drops to 3%, RAM stays at 150MBs and GPU drops to basically 0%. This happens when I change a state of a block, for example Punching or running through Doors, which have an Opened and Closed state. If you keep walking instead of standing still for stabilization, the game can Crash. [Windows 10]
    This literally makes the game unplayable, since you can't punch or walk through state-changing blocks (including Lasergrid).

Through all of this Disk Usage stays lower than 1%, so the location shouldn't matter.
    I agree that upgrading to an SSD helps because the game is server sided and not client-side.
    Most of the stuttering problems I get is from my storage, Minecraft ran smoothly after upgrading to an SSD, I haven't tested it with growtopia yet and I don't have a spare HDD.

I guess the main problem is the code optimization, a game like this shouldn't stutter with an i5 CPU and 8gigs ram (although, try doing dual-channel because it might help. 8x2 if u wanna upgrade)
    If I had the chance to look at the game's code then I can get a conclusion but I don't have plans looking for it for the safety of the game (plus it's private so there's no way I can get into the source code lmao)

Anyways, I still am waiting for an answer to this from the devs since last year. I am 80% sure that it is because of the lack of optimization.
    Anyways, check out my Youtube Channel . I make beats

Comment

My laptop with i7 9750H,gtx1650ti,12gb ram cant even walk in Danieldd cybot world
      i got like 1fps
      Ign : Dr. VerdantGate

Comment

Originally posted by Sombodi View Post
        If I had the chance to look at the game's code then I can get a conclusion
        I'd love to get my hand on this as well. There might be something i can figure out and giving possible fix for the issue.

Comment

just download optifine

░▒▓███████▓▒░
          ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
          ░▒▓███████▓▒░
          ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
          https://youtu.be/wJZjZyuHJFY

Comment

Originally posted by Jedaki View Post
            just download optifine
            just download optifine and play mc
            Lurking in GT Forums even though i don't play gt 24/7 like you guys

Goals:

Total DLs: 57/200

Friend Goal: 48/100

Puddy Leash 0/1 :/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MiMelody View Post

I'd love to get my hand on this as well. There might be something i can figure out and giving possible fix for the issue.
              yeah I bet there's a lot of [if;(specific stuff, idk seth's code structure lmao)]
              and that could result in a low performing game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sombodi View Post

yeah I bet there's a lot of [if;(specific stuff, idk seth's code structure lmao)]
                and that could result in a low performing game.
                basically, if you have a clunky structure, expect to have a low performing game

Comment

Update, moving it to the SSD did not work. I'm also not looking for minor game upgrades, since I will get stutters causing 1 frame to take up to 10 seconds to render, sometimes crashing the game.
                  ~Garodus

Comment

Update 2: Bug was not related fully to Growtopia, it was related to a keyboard setting.

My keyboard has the option to increase speed to 8x. You can easily notice this while holding down buttons like backspace. For Growtopia, it would very likely create more requests than the game could handle. Possibly an overflow or just a ton of commands.
                    The bug while walking did not occur if I tapped arrow a lot of times in a row, being able to reach top speed.
                    Breaking would only have an issue if I was on the tile next to it, if there was a gap of a tile, there would be no Issue.

TL;DR
                    Increasing keyboard speed messed up Growtopia.
                    More explanations where it fricked up Growtopia exactly.
                    ~Garodus

Comment

if then else
                      if then else
                      if then else
                      if then else
                      if then else

Comment

i use a rtx 2060 with a ryzen 9 series, it lags like im playing on the lowest spec computer ever ( client-side )

Comment

it happens on mobile devices too especially when i have my music and sfx settings on
                          IGN: ColdB
                          Follow me on instagram! @coldb_gt

https://www.instagram.com/coldb_gt/

Comment

Possibly user issue or your ram is too low. I perform perfectly fine with my 1060 3gb and my i5 7400k @ 3ghz with 16gbs of ram. Only issue i have is that growtopia is locked at 60fps and I'm using a 240hz and a 144hz monitor (240 main and 144 2nd)

Comment

I have a crappy laptop from 2004 but it runs growtopia just fine with max setting
                              I SIMPLY JUST DONT CARE

F/Eyes = 0/0
                              BLG = 0/0
                              DL = IDC
                              WLS = IDC
                              Cult Hood = 100*100/100
                              Cult Robe = 100*100/100

Noͦ hͫoͦNeͤY

IGN:cocoMonkey
                              Oh I love dark.
                              U bored? try this https://pointerpointer.com/

Comment