[Merge] Name Glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Merge] Name Glitch

Hello support team, I think this name glitch is already 1month+ can you do something about this?
    Q- Name Glitch? what is that?
    A- Both player/person has the same name. You can see its actual name when you wrench him/her. Its kinda annoying. Cause everytime it happens we need to leave the world to fix our name. We are afraid if there is a chance that we are going to ban because of this glitch.
    KINDLY FIX THIS!
    Attached Files

Ik a like a million people reported this but occasionally your name will glitch and become someone else's name

Comment

i've recently had this glitch happen to me

in this pic I'm the on the right (my username is usually Tlaloc1)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (356).png
Views:	74
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	6867670
      IGN: Tlaloc1
      Level 97 / 125
      1,000,000 gems / 1,000,000 - achieved 7/1/2020
      Steam
      Switch Friend Code - SW-7893-5905-4585

Comment

Originally posted by Tlaloc1 View Post
        i've recently had this glitch happen to me

in this pic I'm the on the right (my username is usually Tlaloc1)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (356).png
Views:	74
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	6867670
        Yeah. That's it.

Comment

Alright, so I've browsed this subforum for a bit and I haven't found anyone who would address this glitch so I will do it myself. There is this annoying glitch that changes your player name (GrowID) in a world when someone else enters the same world or just randomly. It can be a bit annoying in certain situations because due to this glitch some players have mistaken me for the owner, or someone with access to the WorldLock (or just for someone else at the world) and wanted me to pull them, ban someone or break a block somewhere, and I've seen players complaining about this IN-GAME.I am not sure whether the Developers know about this or no, if not hopefully they'll see this thread and do something about it as I believe that I am not the only one experiencing this. At first I thought that it's caused by a problem on my side, so I tried updating the game in hopes that it would fix the issue, however it did not.
          Patrick

Comment

What else is new? this glitch is in the game since gt launched but that name glitch only happens to a guest user, now its affecting players who has a real name also, i guess they just ignore this glitch 🙅
            IGN : DRAYFUS

JOIN MY GIVEAWAY! GO TO THE GIVEAWAY SUBFORUM AND APPLY THERE! GOODLUCK!

IM JUST A SIMPLE GROWTOPIAN WHO IS STRIVING TO BE A PRO

AND DOING ALL WORK JUST TO BE RICH AND ALSO HELP NOOBS!

Comment

This is true, it happens to me a couple of times
              IGN: Weaked
              I always have grammatical errors so please don't be bothered.

Comment

It's not too bothersome - if it bothers you then you can always reenter the world. Otherwise, wrenching someone gives you their real name. It's nothing game-breaking, just a weird visual thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrikk View Post
                  Alright, so I've browsed this subforum for a bit and I haven't found anyone who would address this glitch so I will do it myself. There is this annoying glitch that changes your player name (GrowID) in a world when someone else enters the same world or just randomly. It can be a bit annoying in certain situations because due to this glitch some players have mistaken me for the owner, or someone with access to the WorldLock (or just for someone else at the world) and wanted me to pull them, ban someone or break a block somewhere, and I've seen players complaining about this IN-GAME.I am not sure whether the Developers know about this or no, if not hopefully they'll see this thread and do something about it as I believe that I am not the only one experiencing this. At first I thought that it's caused by a problem on my side, so I tried updating the game in hopes that it would fix the issue, however it did not.
                  Just like the rest have allready pointed out, this glitch has been around for quite some time now. But thankfully, it's merely just a visual glitch and it's also only client side. It also doesn't actually cause the player's main account name to be changed in the game's servers. However if you still find it fairly annoying to deal with this glitch(which is understandable), then you can always just re-enter the world and the glitch would autocorrect itslef.
                  IGN - MineDeath

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor .

Instagram:
                  Instagram Link!
                  Discord:
                  Discord Link!

Comment

Originally posted by MineDeath View Post
                    it's also only client side
                    then eksplain how I and other players can see player A's name as player B's
                    BOTTOM TEXT

Comment

At the beginning it was more common. Honestly it's been a while that rarely happens to me

Comment

Originally posted by NotSeedTopian View Post

then eksplain how I and other players can see player A's name as player B's
                        Both player just so happen to experience the same glitch at the same time. This glitch appears to be client side bug.

Comment

The bug seems to appear when a player enters, leaves, gets pulled, gets kicked or gets banned but it doesn't happen everytime.

This bug has been in the game for months if I'm correct and I haven't bothered to make a thread about it myself because it was quite a common glitch and I thought there was no way there wasn't a thread about this already.

Heres a thread (although with no replies) that also talks about this bug (posted 2 months ago)
                          https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...sername-glitch

░▒▓███████▓▒░
                          ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
                          ░▒▓███████▓▒░
                          ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
                          https://youtu.be/wJZjZyuHJFY

Comment

As some of you use this "re-enter the game" argument I am just going to say that I cannot do that because if I would I woulda lose all my gems, since most of the time I am online I mainly do BFGs, (primarily focused on the non-paid ones obviously.) Of course I know that the glitch does not change my GrowID in the servers that is more than obvious. I am aware of the fact that this glitch has been around for some time already, but after quickly looking through the first 3 - 4 pages of the "Bugs and Glitches" sub-forum I have not found a thread about it so I decided to create one myself. I do not fully understand the "rate" at which this happens because to some it happens rarely, and for some (including me) it happes often, that is why I am a bit annoyed, I guess it is random. I just thought that the Developers should do something about it even if it is client-side? Anyway thank you for explaining everyone.
                            Patrick

Comment

Yes this glitch always happend to me

Comment

Working...
                              X