Secret Santa 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Santa 2016

HEY GROWTOPIANS!! The holiday season is rolling around, and y'all know what that means. For the 3rd Consecutive Year... I bring you..

SECRET SANTA 2K16
    No longer accepting any new applications! Happy Holidays everyone!

November 18th: Update 1
    *250 post minimum lowered to 125

December 12th Update 2
    *Important News & Partners sent out to everyone

What is a Secret Santa?

For the best experience, here's the rules!

1. YOU MUST GET THE PERSON A NICE GIFT

The Holidays are NOT just about getting, they are also about giving!
    Don't be a greedy grinch and expect to rank in the presents when giving none in return!
    Also, don't be unfair and give someone dirt seeds and cargo shorts! (unless they asked for it) Be nice, at least give them something that you'd be HONESTLY happy with.

2. DON'T REVEAL THE NAME OF THE PERSON YOU GOT!

It has the word SECRET in it for a reason- but it's only a secret for so long!
    When you drop off the gift you're SUPPOSED to reveal it was you!
    A lot of people seem to be confused by this last year too... you only keep it a secret until the very end, you tell them it was you!!

3.TO PARTICIPATE, YOU MUST HAVE OVER 125 POSTS AND BE ON THE FORUMS ALMOST EVERYDAY.

Man, this is the one thing that makes me stressed every year. It's when I go to message someone or I message them and they never respond- thus some people do not get a gift. So this year, I'mma host a purge. If I find that you have not been active at the time of when I go to message you, I'll kick you out. Sorry, but this is the only way I can ensure everyone gets a gift!

4. WHEN ASKING FOR YOUR GIFT, BE REASONABLE AND MINDFUL!!

In last year's event, people put things down like angel wings. Don't. Do. That.
    If you want to be generous and give the person something expensive, go ahead! But PLEASE don't ask for something very expensive like angel wings. Players are all from different wealth statuses, so we can not all afford very pricey things. I also HIGHLY suggest you write down multiple items that you want, so the person who is gifting you isn't pressured if they can't get you 1 of your items.

*more to be added as time goes on!!

So, how will this work?

Just simply post on the thread that you're interested in participating and fill out the application(below). I will put a list of names in a spoiler and add names until December 10th.
    Everyone will be given a number, that number will be put in a random number generator. You will be paired up with someone randomly from the generator!
    Once I tell you who you've been paired up with, find your partner's application (a link will be provided for each person's post) and give them a gift on December 21st. If you are not able to give a gift that day, give it earlier.

So, hopefully by this very lengthy explanation- you understand!
    Let's make this year's Secret Santa rock!

Member List

LAST YEAR...
    We had 154 participants.... can we get even more?!

DAY APPLICATIONS CLOSE: DEC 10th
    DAY NAMES ARE GIVEN OUT: DEC 10-13
    DAY YOU GIVE PRESENTS: DEC 21st
    Last edited by Aquarious; 12-13-2016, 04:42 AM.
    catch me around on discord or instagram

In game name: Thelolguy21
    A way you can be contacted other than the forums (YOU MUST BE ACTIVE WITH THIS TOO!!): Discord
    World where your Santa can drop off the gift if you are not online (100% REQUIRED!!!): TLG
    Are you active?: Pls.
    Interests in the game?: Growtopia
    What do you want?(KEEP IT AFFORDABLE!PUT DOWN MULTIPLE TOO!!): Sorcerer stones= 2 Seeds*10 or 3-4 ATMS or Portgo fanart (Not Growtopia related, it's basically Porter Robinson+Madeon, pls don't make it sexual though, just fangirl it)
    Last edited by Thelolguy21; 11-19-2016, 10:49 AM. Reason: I'm a cuck ok
    bored and im here whOOP

Comment

In game name: SNOWYFOX
      A way you can be contacted other than the forums (YOU MUST BE ACTIVE WITH THIS TOO!!): Uh, well I'm pretty active in game?
      World where your Santa can drop off the gift if you are not online (100% REQUIRED!!!): SNOWHQ
      Are you active?: Yeah, but kind of slowly losing interest in the game.
      Interests in the game?: Hanging with friends and business.
      What do you want?(KEEP IT AFFORDABLE!PUT DOWN MULTIPLE TOO!!): I really would like a gungnir, black silk vest, or an egg hunting basket, if these aren't affordable then a couple of vends, dblocks, or megaphones would be alright (:
      Last edited by SnowyFox1000; 11-29-2016, 01:17 PM.
      IGN: SNOWYFOX

Comment

put me in coach

im parpul
        kik name i forgot will check later. i sometimes(?) check twitter.. account is @paarpul
        afkfest has donation boxes
        no. im active during updates
        building
        from most affordable to most deplorable - 10,000 durt seeds< even larger quantities of durt seeds< some sort of world filled with a ridiculous amount of durt seeds surpassing the amounts already stated< surprise me (only for those people that cant afford durt seeds or are on food stamps)

oh. and one root beer. i cant find root beer still

honestly not sure how to get the durt to me. maybe try sending message in donation box with doors
        Last edited by PURPLE585; 12-14-2016, 02:42 AM.

Comment

In game name: RedLegoCat
          A way you can be contacted other than the forums: Discord ftw
          World where your Santa can drop off the gift if you are not online : Unchat or redlegocatsmars(probably full in this one).
          Are you active?: Sure/Yes
          Interests in the game?: Cats and friends
          What do you want? : Well I couldn't find much, so here are random items I might need one day; vampire cape, little red corvette, red bicycle, 5-15 valentines, sea monster floatie, thermonuclear blast or mars blast, toboggan, rollback plaque I, another wool scarf, licorice rod, cctv, egg hunting basket or mariachi guitar. You can give me anything though , but I probably won't like it (:
          Last edited by Redlegocat; 12-21-2016, 05:41 AM.

Comment

In game name: Pugged
            A way you can be contacted other than the forums (YOU MUST BE ACTIVE WITH THIS TOO!!): Instagram @zepugpug
            World where your Santa can drop off the gift if you are not online (100% REQUIRED!!!): STILTED
            Are you active?: Yeah, very.
            Interests in the game?: Building, farming, mass producing, world hopping, and more?
            What do you want?(KEEP IT AFFORDABLE!PUT DOWN MULTIPLE TOO!!): Any colour of dye worth 10 wls, 15 WLS, or Angel Wings if you're nice/can afford it.
            I had a signature so stupidly racist a moderator had to go in and change it for me. A moderator also loves me a lot to give me infractions. <3 Anulot

Comment

Bonjour.
              In game name: MadameZ
              A way you can be contacted other than the forums (YOU MUST BE ACTIVE WITH THIS TOO!!): Erm, I'm totally not active on that discord server you're admin in... Just pm me on discord xD
              World where your Santa can drop off the gift if you are not online (100% REQUIRED!!!): DLTRADE
              Are you active?: Yes
              Interests in the game?: Talking with friends, doing adventure maps, farming, sometimes building.
              What do you want?(KEEP IT AFFORDABLE!PUT DOWN MULTIPLE TOO!!):
              I don't want a lot for Christmas
              There are just some things I want
              I don't care about the presents
              Underneath the Christmas tree
              I just want it for my own
              More than you could ever know
              Make my wish come true oh
              All I want for Christmas is...
              a SURPRISE
              Last edited by MadameZ; 11-18-2016, 01:02 AM.
              IGN: MadameZ

Comment

Ign: pattyman
                World for gift: Farmsyte
                You can either PM me on forums, send me a pm on Steam(PDITTY), or just message me in game
                I play 1-3 hours Monday-Fri, 2-5 hours Sat/Sun unless I have sports

What I need
                Deluxe spray, I need a lot, like 90 (I do not expect you to buy 90 deluxe sprays, but a decent amount will do, thanks)
                Last edited by PatrickD; 12-12-2016, 02:12 AM.

Comment

I'm ready

In game name: Zfert
                  A way you can be contacted other than the forums (YOU MUST BE ACTIVE WITH THIS TOO!!): You have my kik
                  World where your Santa can drop off the gift if you are not online (100% REQUIRED!!!): ZFERTSRANCH
                  Are you active?: I'd sure hope so
                  Interests in the game?: Fishing, Pet Battles, Building
                  What do you want?(KEEP IT AFFORDABLE!PUT DOWN MULTIPLE TOO!!): Surprise me
                  Last edited by Zfert; 11-18-2016, 02:01 AM.
                  Beach House - Lemon Glow
                  Instagram | Twitter

Comment

In game name: Diversa

A way you can be contacted other than the forums (YOU MUST BE ACTIVE WITH THIS TOO!!): D I S C O R D

World where your Santa can drop off the gift if you are not online (100% REQUIRED!!!): SOLIDISCO

Are you active?: Ye

Interests in the game?: Building

What do you want?(KEEP IT AFFORDABLE! PUT DOWN MULTIPLE TOO!!): Whatever
                    Last edited by Rush; 12-17-2016, 02:25 AM.

Comment

In game name:IcyMitten
                      A way you can be contacted other than the forums (YOU MUST BE ACTIVE WITH THIS TOO!!):Ingame
                      World where your Santa can drop off the gift if you are not online (100% REQUIRED!!!):CRYSTVEND
                      Are you active?:Very
                      Interests in the game?:Massing
                      What do you want?(KEEP IT AFFORDABLE!PUT DOWN MULTIPLE TOO!!): Anything
                      sigpic

Comment

In game name: Mhile
                        A way you can be contacted other than the forums (YOU MUST BE ACTIVE WITH THIS TOO!!): Skype
                        World where your Santa can drop off the gift if you are not online (100% REQUIRED!!!): Cookied
                        Are you active?: Yes i am
                        Interests in the game?: Farming with friends
                        What do you want?(KEEP IT AFFORDABLE!PUT DOWN MULTIPLE TOO!!): I want ( i'll write this down when i've decided)
                        IGN:Mhile

BEST PICTURE EVA!!

If Your Gonna Give Me Something My Donation Box Is At Cookied

Fav Song :D

Comment

This should be fun for my first time. :^)

In game name: MagicalJack
                          A way you can be contacted other than the forums (YOU MUST BE ACTIVE WITH THIS TOO!!): Well, we talk on discord.
                          World where your Santa can drop off the gift if you are not online (100% REQUIRED!!!): JACKSFARM
                          Are you active?: I log on every day, so... : P
                          Interests in the game?: Talking to different people and farming are cool
                          What do you want?(KEEP IT AFFORDABLE!PUT DOWN MULTIPLE TOO!!): Anything, honestly. I'm fine with whatever you give.
                          Last edited by TheJackerino; 11-18-2016, 02:18 AM. Reason: added the farming part
                          IGN: TheJackerino (Used to be known as MagicalJack)
                          Previous name on the forums: Jackjeff01

Comment

In game name: FuryTurtle
                            A way you can be contacted other than the forums (YOU MUST BE ACTIVE WITH THIS TOO!!): Discord
                            World where your Santa can drop off the gift if you are not online (100% REQUIRED!!!): myfund
                            Are you active?: sure
                            Interests in the game?: building worlds
                            What do you want?(KEEP IT AFFORDABLE!PUT DOWN MULTIPLE TOO!!): Turtle leash (if it ever comes true) Geiger to hunt...
                            Last edited by FuryTurtleGT; 11-18-2016, 02:06 AM.
                            My Instagram profile - @FuryTurtle

IGN: FuryTurtle

Message me for free harvester service

Comment

In game name:Sonicfan2345
                              A way you can be contacted other than the forums (YOU MUST BE ACTIVE WITH THIS TOO!!):You can pm me on forums.
                              World where your Santa can drop off the gift if you are not online (100% REQUIRED!!!):FISHB0WL
                              Are you active?:yes
                              Interests in the game?: parkour,farming,going to worlds, talking to friends.
                              What do you want?(KEEP IT AFFORDABLE!PUT DOWN MULTIPLE TOO!!): Wool scarf, angel wings if possible, 10 wls, or starboard.

Bucket of quotes

A clash royale card of me that dukeplanter made.

Comment

Working...
                              X