Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[WIN-A-WAND] Summer-Fest Building Contest!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANTONSBEACH is my nomination for this contest

Click image for larger version

Name:	0443C5C0-747F-4FAE-9923-94D45E2D3A69.png
Views:	1
Size:	556.6 KB
ID:	6588543

This is a world that I made around summer 2016. It won WOTD, and people generally seemed to really like it.
    It’s an adventure world that has a main quest together with lots of cool structures, and a fitting song. This inside a colourful summery enviorment, and a lot more. I hope you like it!

IGN: Anton0202
    Hey, I'm Anton0202!
    I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
    16 WOTDs and counting...
    Creator of the Swedish Start world.

Comment

Only 1 submission? This contest needs more submissions. World building contests are underrated
      I'm currently helping ElectroDream build her world, to add more submissions lol
      Unofficial Growtopia Trailer 4 below!

In-Game Name: Viju
      Administrator at Growtopia Wikia since April 4, 2020
      Discord Tag: Viju#7557
      IG: @viju_gt

Comment

It says the theme is ‘Summer-Fest’, but my ‘Summer-Fest’ was building a world for my favourite movie franchise Marvel, plus it was released in the Summer, and some people prefer to watch a movie whilst it is ‘Summer’. So here goes nothing

Name:	spider2man.png
Views:	2
Size:	575.9 KB
ID:	6588728
        “Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
        — The Doctor
        “I was born to make mistakes, not to be perfect.”
        ― Ross Lynch

Comment

I would like to nominate my world, Otters.

Name:	otters.png
Size:	758.4 KB
ID:	6588764
          IGN: Jisam
          Discord: Jisam#9391
          Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4A...K6Dc_3N0hJGhYQ

Comment

Here's my attempt, enjoy :]

Name:	WINNERRRR.png
Size:	539.9 KB
ID:	6588972

Original story By SixFace

Sponsored by StarByte

Inspired by Cthulhu / H. P. Lovecraft

Pixel inspired by Futurama; Zoidberg

Parkour is wing-less (doesn't need a wing to enjoy)
            Last edited by Devours; 08-05-2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Hey, after a lot of procrastinating my world's finally done:

Name:	heatedquiz.png
Size:	625.0 KB
ID:	6589015

I was reading the criteria and how you're going to judge things, so I gathered all the newer blocks that introduce something new, like dimension(al?) block which is invisible, the mud block thing that slows you down, the up-up and away block (IIRC) that blows you up, and nothing really clicked in my mind until I saw this thing -- gravity well. I knew right then I had to use these blocks. However, parkours are overrated and you like originality. So I combined four things that normally wouldn't mix together; maths, summer, password doors and gravity wells into this monstrosity of a world.

Basically, nobody really does maths during summer right? Wrong. In this world, you're going to do A LOT of maths (And depending on your age and capability, you can choose between two levels, easy and normal -- the materials in the quiz are all listed in a book not far away from the spawn) while getting sucked by all the gravity wells. You can barely get to the password doors, but that's literally the point and the 'uniqueness' of this world. You have to 'parkour' (Is it called parkour if there are no spikes or any hostile blocks?) to the password doors and complete the quiz consisting of 20 questions in less than 40 minutes.

It is possible to do on both platforms (PC and mobile) as my friends and I have tested it. I guess I should list the features of this world in bullet points so it's clearer, too:
              -> P and Z jammed, complete with a song (Amphibia Theme Song).
              -> Unique concept, unlike most password door worlds.
              -> Looks aesthetically pleasing and complies with the theme of the contest.
              -> Educational!!!! (Some of the tougher questions either have hints or explanation in a board, you've just got to reach it!)
              -> Doesn't copy any other world whatsoever
              -> 20 questions per mode, there are 2 modes in this world (Easy (ages 8-12 recommended) and Normal (ages 13+)) to cater to younger Growtopians. So there is a total of 40 questions in this world if anyone wants to try both modes.
              -> Not sure what to bring into the quiz? Read the 'protip' board! Complete with a testing chamber where you can test the range of a password door before you enter the quiz.
              -> Has a storyline, but it's barely existent tbh. This world focuses more on the quiz.

I guess this is it, good luck to everyone else!
              IGN: ElectroDream (now suspended)
              Discord: Dreamy#2149
              IG: @electrodreamy / @edr.eamy
              WOTD count: 25

Comment

TEMPLECHASM!

Here's my contest entry, TEMPLECHASM!

The worst summer vacation isn't unplugged... it's unplugging and going to the freakin' jungle. What could be in store? Boredom? A waste of a summer? Well, it's time to come out of your shell and venture into the jungle chasm! You'll find a temple, mystic runes, giant plants, and who knows what...

Notes: This is NOT the final design, as the /renderworld command is not working...

Misthios can you please help render the final design? Thank ‘ya!

Name:	templechasm.png
Size:	826.9 KB
ID:	6589104

Goodluck everyone!
                Last edited by Sparkie; 08-05-2019, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Do I have a chance?

This is my entry, KOTUR.
                  Umm, the render might not look that great, but in all honesty, the world was rushed by the three of us. Arkuyi did the story. Ertimis and I built the rest. We aren’t pleased, but we are still proud to present. I think. I hope.

Name:	689B0A3C-1996-4A1B-951B-9EDAB782FB0A.png
Size:	453.2 KB
ID:	6589133

The world contains summer scenes/ challenges. From a Summerfest race to a contest. Each section has a unique thing to offer. From easy to hard. You would need to use your whole brain to figure the puzzles. Sometimes, the things that may seem to be the right way, may not be the right way at all. You really have to check it out. I encourage you to try it, we really worked hard please don’t ignore.

The world is mostly puzzle, and you really need a paper and a pen or something to write down your findings. That’s a tip. Also, we used coordinates. You need common knowledge of the name of blocks. We use them in our password doors. Also the world contains math.

Comment

World: BESTBEACHINGT

You went to someone's dream without noticing. Can you escape and achieve victory? Or wait him to wake up and you'll be stucked in his dream forever. He even proclaimed his hand made parkour as the "Best Beach" even its not (depends on you)
                    Goodluck to all!

Name:	bestbeachingt.png
Size:	537.6 KB
ID:	6589145
                    P.S: I did some minor changes to the world (can't render again though)
                    WOTD: 3 (in BESTBEACHINGT, ANUBIANCITY & ZODIACSKY)

VOTW: 1 (Out of Growtopia Icon)

Comment

Render won’t work ahhhhhhhhhh

World name is MIDSUMMERFESTIVAL I’ll post render when server is fixed

Taken a full world sceenshot as a render-substitute for now: Click image for larger version

Name:	RENDER1.PNG
Size:	809.5 KB
ID:	6589195

Description

A simple task goes wrong when you discover something

Uses two worlds
                      Adventure stuff
                      Cool story

Focused on design
                      Last edited by ROOTbeerr; 08-06-2019, 12:01 AM.
                      signature.

Comment

HUNSTANTON is my world, can't render right now because it's disabled. Cropped screenshot because Misthios doesn't know how to crop:

Name:	summercontestscreenshot.png
Size:	532.4 KB
ID:	6589196

Features:
                        -Vaguely summery theme, with a giant sandcastle, summer background, and a giant palm tree (which actually grows bananas because there is no Adventure Item - Coconut)
                        -P and Z jammers and pine guardian so you can play in peace
                        -Neat areas, separated invisibly, rather than forced in horrible looking walls
                        -Open world design, using adventure items to lock certain areas until certain points. Kind of an RPG feel
                        -Lots of underused features, such as rope pitons, challenge timers, adventure items in general, tricksters, deathtrap walls, looming shadows, braziers, dark backgrounds and dimension blocks. Possibly more that I've forgotten
                        -Secret shortcuts if you play it smart
                        Last edited by Tehepic333; 08-05-2019, 09:50 PM.

Comment

My world name is “THEBURNINGPHOENIX”
                          Cant render world like some other people but I will post the picture when rendering option is fixed.Feel free to go to my world.

Taken a full world sceenshot as a render-substitute for now:

Name:	RENDER3.PNG
Size:	499.3 KB
ID:	6589197

IGN:StarByte

Originally posted by Oldsock (IGN)
                          There's this thing called life.
                          Originally posted by Cahtster
                          my tum tum hurts.

Comment

And we are done! No more entries will be allowed beyond this point.

I’ll be compiling all the entries from here and from Instagram and Discord and will begin judging them tomorrow.
                            Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

Comment

After collating all of the entries, playing through them and scoring them I've decided on the winners. I did opt for worlds with not just aesthetics, but playability as well - worlds that offered an enjoyable experience with bonus points for underused mechanics.

The winners are as follows:

1st - MIDSUMMERFESTIVAL.
                              2nd - HUNSTANTON.
                              3rd- HEATEDQUIZ.

There are other worlds I also enjoyed, but didn't quite make it to the top 3. These worlds will receive small consolation prizes.

I'll drop the prizes off in the worlds within the next 24 hours & I also think a WOTD is in order.

Congratulations to those who won, and thanks for participating!
                              Last edited by Misthios; 08-11-2019, 12:53 PM.
                              Contact me on Discord: Misthios#3697.

Follow me on Instagram: misthios.gt

Comment

Working...
                              X