[August] Building Challenge - 'Agriculture' | Prizes: 150wl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [August] Building Challenge - 'Agriculture' | Prizes: 150wl

Commencing our Monthly Building Challenges, we wish for players to exercise their building skills and innovation, and to reward such.

This challenge's theme is Agriculture. This could entail elements such as tractors, farms (actual real-life farms), barn houses, silos, chicken coups, etc.

Info:
    • There will be 3 winners, each receiving 150 World Locks.
    • You can apply up to 3 different submissions, but only one can win per person.
    • Innovation and originality are greatly valued over typically expected submissions (this means creative usage of blocks, design concepts and overall originality).
    • You can design your submissions in-game or via an online world planner (recommended: https://okass.net/growtopia/planner.php)
    • Submit your entries by replying to this thread with a picture of the submission(s), a world name (if built in-game), your GrowID and a place where we can safely deposit your prize.
    Criteria:
    • Your construction must fit within these size limits: 30W x 30H
    • Your construction must be appropriate for this challenge's theme.
    • Entries must be new creations. If designs are found as pre-existing, they will be discredited.
    • Any form of copying or explicit unoriginality will be discredited.
    • Practicality and gameplay are not needed as this challenge focuses on purely visual design.
    Deadline: 28th August
    Announcement of Winners: 1st September

You can also join our Builders Discord server which hosts these kinds of competitions and for you to share your Growtopia world creations: https://discord.gg/49m38KE. These challenges are not officially ran by Ubisoft, but rather by the players.
    Last edited by Techy; 08-05-2020, 01:56 PM. Reason: revising size limits
    37 World of the Days won.
    4 World Building Competitions placed in.

Hello and good day! I am interested in this contest and would like to join and show people my pixel art of a bonsai tree. If ever, I win the competition, you can donate the prize at MARKRAMONES. (though, its less likely that I will win xD im not a good builder)
    Btw, my gt name is Nomikoto. Anyways,Here ya go:

Click image for larger version

Name:	renderworld (31).png
Views:	493
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	6870184

Comment

Hewwo! UwU
      I will be presenting my 1st (if not the last) entry for this months building challenge.
      If you are a judge and would like to see the build more clearly, please feel free to dm me via discord. If I somehow win as well, please drop the prize at the world GLACKED.
      Attached Files

Comment

I call this one:

Grounded

may make an actual submission later

░▒▓███████▓▒░
        ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
        ░▒▓███████▓▒░
        ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
        https://youtu.be/wJZjZyuHJFY

Comment

I present Demeter's Influence - my submission to the building contest!

So farms are boring and wheat just sucks as a whole, so I wanted to go with something else. After throwing some ideas around I wanted to explore both the development of agriculture or crop harvesting traditions/norms over time, with something to tie that all together.

Demeter, in Greek mythology, is the goddess of agriculture. While mythology isn't as prominent in today's beliefs, I really liked the idea of those gods sticking around and keeping up with influencing what they were in charge of. So what's what my build's all about - the past, somewhere-in-between, and present of agriculture and farming.
          On the left you have Ancient Greece and their shrine to Demeter, praying for a good upcoming harvest and leaving offerings around her temple. The scene fades into people working in forests and developing homes in whatever unnamed nation, depending on the soil they live on to provide them the food they need to survive somewhere new. Finally, the rightmost scene is that of present-day, with a crop duster in the sky and a greenhouse for crops, representing the revolutionization of crop and harvest management. There's less dependence on the natural world, and more on structures we make and control ourselves for mass production of food.

Demeter herself was inspired by the zodiac sign Aquarius, pouring water over her shoulder. She's meant to act as an anchor throughout the times, still watching over harvests and keeping food plentiful. Her design is meant to feel more natural, with a stone body and fading plants for her hair.

Overall! This was tough to condense a concept into a 30x30 square (the green border is meant to emphasize the limit, and is not part of the build), but I enjoyed it! I may squeeze in another entry, but for now, I'm sticking with this one.
          Some other notes? This build looks best when squinted at - mostly just to better see certain aspects of Demeter's design. Also, don't look too closely at any of the mannequins - clothes were edited on after I finished building in a world planner. (Don't even get me started on the upside-down smocks.)

ETA:
          GrowID - Grxwtopian
          World - ROBS

Some process pics:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Grxwtopia; 08-16-2020, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (1307).png Views:	0 Size:	89.0 KB ID:	6870348Well, people cultivate bamboos too. My world is UFNG12.
            A NEWS administrator and ANCIENTS member.

Comment

Bump this

Comment

Name:	unknown.png
Views:	343
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	6874886
                I guess i'll drop my attempt... and yes it's not 30W x 30H
                World: jakesbasher

Let me properly introduce myself,
                Hello, My name is NotSoOldJake!
                and I'm not even old...

*cough* 17 years old *cough*

IGN: jakefarming

Comment

just a farm

Name:	delet9.PNG
Views:	293
Size:	414.7 KB
ID:	6877121
                  IGN: SnowBlizter
                  World: TRIM

Comment

Something agricultural in a small box. Thank you and good luck everyone! My ign is always the same: Cahtster.Click image for larger version

Name:	comp1_render.png
Views:	260
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	6879249
                    I love 美波 and ヨルシカ!

I wish I can sing and play like them
                    and I'm just your average friend!

Comment

A tiny wintry farm!

Name:	snowtopia2.PNG
Views:	231
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	6881193
                      IGN: Zierfandler
                      World: NCDW
                      Obtaining Growtopia Sprites Online - Links

Growtopia Wiki bureaucrat. Growtopian since April 2015.

Comment

Here comes my building, a sunflower farm. I wanted too build a view with a unique perspective, hope you guys like it.

Name:	15BCD63A-25B4-4D97-9955-F59C7B83638D.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	890.8 KB
ID:	6881893
                        Built dimensions: 30x15.
                        IGN: Bardes
                        Instagram: @bardesgrowtopia
                        Discord: Bardes#3326

Comment

hihih dis my entri hjahah:

BARN
                          yes, barn.
                          with groetopia store rage.
                          and vvip room aka attic
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	barn.png Views:	0 Size:	14.2 KB ID:	6882831
                          i know i wont win lol:

world where i built this creature: OKSTALK
                          ign: SeedTopianGT
                          world where u can drop to lose wl: DARKHAMEST
                          BOTTOM TEXT

Comment

Thank you for those who entered - we'll begin judging the entries and deciding the top 3 that will receive prizes. Don't fret if you do not win, for this can be considered as practice! Announcement of winners will be on the 1st of September.

(any entries past this post will not be considered).
                            37 World of the Days won.
                            4 World Building Competitions placed in.

Comment

We appreciate everybody that has entered and so, our judges have concluded these as the top 3 (in no particular order). There was a lot of fantastic entries - if you did not win, don't be disheartened as these challenges are to stretch your skills and practise.

By jakefarming

Name:	jakefarming.png
Views:	96
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	6893520

By Bardes

Name:	Bardes.png
Views:	82
Size:	366.0 KB
ID:	6893521

By SnowBlizter

Name:	SnowBlizter.png
Views:	82
Size:	546.5 KB
ID:	6893522

Congratulations to all the winners!
                              IGN : elyxial
                              Level : 91

Goals :
                              It's time to express myself in the real world!

Latest Tutoria-ely Episode:

Comment

Working...
                              X