Horror Story Contest! (1DL Prize!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror Story Contest! (1DL Prize!)

Aight so it’s SpookTober, and this time I will make this contest during the proper time of year, it’s another Horror Based Art Contest!

The Goal

Create an original scary Image, Story, or Photograph whoever creates the most intriguing, unique, and horrific submission will win.
    Rules:
    1. NO PLAGIARIZING I WILL CHECK EVERY SOURCE FOR THIS!* Note Expanding On an existing artwork or Piece as long as it is "Transformative" Is Allowed Ex. Adding onto an SCP article, rewriting an Edgar Allen Poe Story and Adding Artwork.
    2. I am the Judge of the submissions!
    3. You can make a maximum of 3 Different Submissions Or Edits to your First Submission
    4. Horrific DOES NOT Mean excessive gore, Horrific means something that gives you chills in the night, a looming essence, something truly terrifying.

After Every Submission I will give you feedback (This feedback is not meant to be rude in any-way, this is constructive feedback on how I fee that you could improve your submission to raise your place on the scoreboard) on how to Improve your work to make it a better “Horror Art Piece” wether it be writing or a piece of artwork.

The Winner Will Receive 100wls 2nd. place will receive 25wls. And 3rd Will Receive 10wls.

Your Submissions will be scored on a grade of 1-100, Expect them to be graded even harsher this time.
    Score meanings

Rubiric

WINNERS! Post your world name and GrowID on this thread!

THIS CONTEST ENDS NOVEMBER 1ST!

Last Years Contest
    Last edited by Lopyhupis; 11-02-2020, 02:29 PM.
    Cheap Stuff in THANOS

I'm a Solo Gamer Playing an Multiplayer Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3TrxpfE6A

MY BEST FRIEND

O WHERE ARE YOU MY BEST FRIEND?
    O WHERE ARE YOU MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND?
    HERE I AM, LOOK UP; AND FAIN WOULD AVOID YOU.

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO PLAY MY BEST FRIEND?
    WHAT DO YOU WANT TO PLAY MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND?
    I WANT TO PLAY HIDE AND SEEK, I KNOW I'LL ALWAYS WIN; PLEASE REMOVE YOUR NECKLACE

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO EAT MY BEST FRIEND?
    WHAT DO YOU WANT TO EAT MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND?
    I FAIN WOULD EAT RAW WITHOUT SALT AND GARLIC; PLEASE REMOVE YOUR NECKLACE

DO YOU LIKE TO PLAY WITH OTHER KIDS OUTSIDE MY BEST FRIEND?
    DO YOU LIKE TO PLAY WITH OTHER KIDS OUTSIDE MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND?
    NO THANKS, I'LL JUST VISIT THEM AT NIGHT; PLEASE REMOVE YOUR NECKLACE

WHY DO YOU LOOK WEAK MY BEST FRIEND?
    WHY DO YOU LOOK WEAK MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND?
    O YES! I AM WEAK; PLEASE REMOVE YOUR NECKLACE
    FOR I'M WEAKENED MY BODY AND FAIN WOULD AVOID YOU.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Roxypie; 10-31-2020, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Lopyhupis
      Lopyhupis commented
      Editing a comment
      The poem is interesting but the all bold letters seem to take away from the story, the drawing is quite good however, 50/100

loyalty u like horror k join now
    I SIMP FOR GURA AND WATSON
    ign: RimUwU

Comment

• loyalty
      loyalty commented
      Editing a comment
      My drawings are pretty mediocre but alright

Originally posted by Roxypie View Post
    Hello I am interested to join but is poetry allowed? And I might add a drawing Is that ok?
    Poetry is allowed! And yes adding a drawing would add to the point value.
    Cheap Stuff in THANOS

Comment

Picture
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_192389.png
Views:	158
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	6934226
      Story​
      Last edited by Jedaki; 10-24-2020, 08:41 PM.

Secret Santa 2020

Comment

• Jedaki
        Jedaki commented
        Editing a comment
        doesnt work on mobile

• Lopyhupis
        Lopyhupis commented
        Editing a comment
        -1/100

You let me down, and I gave you up.

• ixao
        ixao commented
        Editing a comment
        it's sad that I've seen this only now, I thought this was actually a poem. I would never think that I would get rick-rolled here in the GT forums.

Click image for larger version  Name:	weaving a story.jpg Views:	2 Size:	129.9 KB ID:	6934771
      meetmydaughter, she's a little shy but she'snice, I'm very proud of her, can't ask for a better daughter.

Click image for larger version  Name:	mankind.PNG Views:	2 Size:	729.3 KB ID:	6934772
      ​​
      oh! how nice of you to join us! this is my other daughter, i adore her just as much as my other one, cannot ask for a better daughter, I'm very proud of her

oh? what is it, my lovely daughters?

oh, they are just visitors my little ones, do not worry.

yes, of course, I'm very proud of you, I cannot ask for better daughters. After all, both of you are perfect, complete, unlike your father.

oh mylittleangels, you flatter me with your words. I'm very proud of you two, I cannot ask for better daughters.

my apologies, they tend to be somewhat of a mess when there's someone they don't know.

hm? what is it?

why do I praise them so much?

well, it is self-explanatory. After all, they're my daughters, I'm very proud of them, I cannot ask for better daughters.

don'tyou see them? they're such lovely kids, I'lldo anything for them, after all I'm very proud of them, I cannot ask for better daughters.
      They taught me how to love, they taught me how to care, they taught me everything. I love them, Very proud of them, cannot ask for better daughters.
      They're perfect, complete. Surely you understand a father's love towards their lovely children, don't you?

After all,

They're my daughters.

I'm very proud of them/

cannotaskforbetterdaughters
      I cannot ask for better ones than them
      i'm really proud
      i'm really proud
      i'm really proud
      proud fatherreally proud
      i'm really proudreally proud
      i'm really proud

whydon'tyoustayhere, they'll teach you how to love,care, they'll teach you

everything

truly such a blessing that i have such beautiful daughters

i'm really proud, cannot ask for better daughters

really proud
      Last edited by loyalty; 10-26-2020, 12:13 AM.

真の幸福を達成.

Comment

• Lopyhupis
        Lopyhupis commented
        Editing a comment
        The artwork is quite impressive, however the story seems to lack “A story” what I mean by that is you offer a small window into your literary world, it still creates unease and an odd sense of tension but too little information is conveyed.

60/100 (Most of the points are from the artwork)

• loyalty
        loyalty commented
        Editing a comment
        my apologies for replying so late, but thank you very much. Yes, many people have commented on how I give out little to no information about this sort of stuff, perhaps it is too little for some. But to me, it is my way of giving out somewhat uneasy and tense feelings, making the reader confused, uneasy as they read, and try to figure out what exactly it meant, is my way of horror. I will try to improve my horror and of course the art in the future, your criticism was helpful, thank you very much.

I'm really bad at making stories but here we go...

Once upon a time, two teens went to an old bookstore and bought
      a weird book. Nobody dared to buy that book since people from
      their area speculated that it was cursed.
      Well, since they're just careless boys, they bought it and went
      to subway to buy some snacks and went to the park to read the
      "cursed book".

They checked the book and it was titled "Άλφα, βήτα, ωμέγα"...
      They got to their phones and tried to translate it.
      It was Greek and translates to "Alpha, Beta, Omega".
      They read the book and just learned about some weird church exorcism stuff.
      They also learned about "Αμάρα" (Amara) and how she was possessed by 50 demons.

They learned about the first part of the book (Άλφα) and it was all about Αμάρα's childhood
      and how she was then raised by an unknown cult after her parents abandoned her on a cliff.
      Αμάρα was full of rage and anger, her thoughts attracted the creatures of the underworld
      and those creatures made her kill her parents. She was just 9 that time when she first got possessed.
      During Αμάρα's teenage years, she had a really hard time breathing since she got the punishments of the
      seven deadly sins while she's alive, which is wrath (Punishment: "They are choked with mud and unable to even express their anger in words").

βήτα, when Αμάρα was 18 years old. People called her a witch and stoned her (which surprisingly did not kill her).
      In reality, Αμάρα was trapped in her own body and can't control anything, she was possessed by 20 demons at that time.
      She would eat worms and maggots for her everyday meal and would destroy the holy temple in her village.
      Guards could not stop her since she was very resistant to anything, the real Αμάρα trapped inside her body could feel the pain, not the demons controlling her body.

It was when she was 20 when she started to kill everyone she was angry at, she killed her other family members and people she had some grudge years ago.
      The ruler in the kingdom she lived in wanted her to be locked up in his dungeon for eternity and gave the person who could lock her up 10,000 gold coins.
      It took people 9 years for her to get locked up. 8 decades later, her body was still alive and still locked in the dungeon the king of her time made for her.
      it was like she's immortal, the old king's grandson said.
      Some catastrophe happened which made everyone in that kingdom flee and abandon her. Αμάρα was still there and got locked for 1000+ years till someone found her at 1873.

She was chained up and had a dark aura around her, the person that discovered her said.
      Αμάρα was chanting something and broke the millenium-year-old chains. She stoned everybody that was in that area, she killed 50+ individuals.

ωμέγα, in the 1920s Αμάρα's demons tried to fit in society since that would be the best thing they could do. She was possessed by 50 demons now.
      Some exorcist from Rome stumbled upon Αμάρα story and history and hunted her down. The exorcist was successful and was able to trap her in an unknown book...

When the teens realized that the book has a weird page on the end and has a greek chant written, they got scared and immediately threw the book on the lake.
      One of the teens, Carl wanted to prank Jon by making a replica of the book. Carl made the replica and placed the book in Jon's bedroom the following day.
      Jon called Carl over his house the next day and wanted to talk to him about the book. Jon was terrified and was petrified because of fear, Carl went with it and
      made things worse. A week passed and Carl explained to Jon that it was a joke, Jon was angry and they did not speak for a week after that.

A month later, Carl got the news that Jon went missing three weeks prior to that and Carl was scared. Some old Roman guy told him that
      "Cartea aceea are un blestem și nu ar fi trebuit să-ți păcălești prietenul. Acum el este Αμάρα". Carl did not understand and just said, move away old dude.
      The Roman guy said I warned you. Days later, Carl met Jon in the woods and was happy to see him, Jon then talked to him and went to Carl's house just to
      murder him in front of his parents. Jon was possessed by 51 demons which now includes Αμάρα...

The curse went on till the end of humanity and nobody knows how and when it started...

TITLE: Αμάρα (Amara)

dang this sucks coz I wrote this at 12 AM and now I'm scared of some demons again lmao
      Anyways, check out my Youtube Channel . I make beats

Comment

• Sombodi
        Sombodi commented
        Editing a comment
        Lopyhupis wew that is coincidental...I guess "finding cursed books" is a common horror theme lol.

Also, will I have a chance to edit the story entirely? I'll be applying the tips you gave me.

• Lopyhupis
        Lopyhupis commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes you can make a maximum of either 3 edits or 3 different submissions to this contest.

• Sombodi
        Sombodi commented
        Editing a comment
        Lopyhupis ayt thanks!

Soo.... I went to growganoth and I saw a monster and then I start running because the monster chased me and suddenly I got struck by the flying eyes in Growganoth and get sucked into the maw. Okay there you go. Best story ever
      Ign/GrowID: Artlos
      Just be yourself don't try to be others
      And don't give up to reach your dream.

Artlos' Suggestion! Click Here!

Comment

• Lopyhupis
        Lopyhupis commented
        Editing a comment
        10/100 You tried :/

• ArtloS
        ArtloS commented
        Editing a comment
        Lopyhupis How do I reply to your comment?
        Oh nvm, I just did.
        Last edited by ArtloS; 10-30-2020, 06:21 AM. Reason: Do I need reason for this?

I'm really bad at this but why not give it a try
      It was the night of November the 1st when Ace first experienced being alone in their house, it creeps him out because he really doesn’t like being alone. At that same night he heard somebody knocking in the door, he was scared because their house is actually in the middle of a farm where people live in the city which is far from their home, so he asked himself “Who might it be?” and walked to the door and slowly opened it, he was even more scared when nobody was there, so he slammed the door and ran to the living room. He tried to forget it and just think of it as that sound was just from his head, but there it is again, somebody is once again knocking at the door but this time he acted like he was not scared, so he stood up and walked right in front of the door and again opens it. And once again nobody was there, he just laughed and called out his friend for he thinks that he was just pranking him so he walked outside acting he’s not scared and got himself some goosebumps while walking around his house, he was knocked out by somebody unknown, he had no idea what just happened and fell to the ground unconscious.

A while later he woke up, finding himself in a town he haven’t seen before, there were so many people that has gloomy faces, he couldn’t hold his courage up and started to shake saying “W-Where a-am I? C-can anybody t-tell me? But nobody answered him. He now started walking around hoping that somebody could help him but hours passed nobody still helped him, all the people were all just walking like they have some serious problem, until someone called his name “Ace! Come here!” He was shocked because somebody there knows his name, he rushed to that voice he heard and saw a teenage girl who he haven’t met before, he asked “Hello, how did you know my name? have you seen me before? Are you a friend of my friend?” he had so many questions but the girl just answered him “That’s not important, what is important now is to get you out of here!” His eyes were opened asking “W-what do you m-mean get me out of here? and w-who are you?” the girl said “oh ye let me introduce myself first, I am Lara and this place isn’t a good place to stay to so just do what I say you to do” Ace was still confused but he doesn’t have a choice, she’s the only one who could help him. So Lara started giving directions leading to a house, which she says there’s someone there who could help him, then Ace now said goodbye to Lara and followed the directions she told. He ended up in a creepy looking house, he started to think that Lara was just trying to make fun of him, he still tried to knock wishing that there’s really someone who can help him. Then there it it is, somebody just opened the door, it was an old man saying “who are you? How did you end up here? How did you know the location of my house?” Ace was shocked “ S-sorry sir there’s a girl named Lara who told me to go here, she said that you can help me” The old man looked at him “ Hmm, so you met Lara, well come in” Ace walked in and he saw a pic of Lara in a wall with a candle that made him think that ‘Isn’t those for the dead only?’ the old man said “come follow me, ill lead you out here” Ace now asked “Umm, can I ask who is Lara, how is she connected to you?” old man replied “okay I’ll tell you, but don’t freak out, okay? Lara is my daughter and she is already dead, I don’t know how she died but I just saw her body laying on the ground with a knife on her head, she is a good girl she likes to help people, that’s why maybe she showed up to you and help you” Ace was shocked ad his body was shaking “so you mean that was a ghost who talked to me back there?!?” old man “enough with that, you want to go home right? Follow me” And they started walking ending up in well, Ace said “A well? Don’t tell me I have to jump there?” the old man replied “you want to get out of here right? This is the easiest way to get out, or maybe you want to stay?” Ace said “Of course no, so I’ll just jump there and I’ll be back in my house?” the old man replied “As simple as that” and Ace jumped in the well and woke up in the backyard of his house, he rushed to their house and asked himself “was it a dream? but I feel my head aching so it must be true” he know called his best friend to came in their house and stay their for the night so he won’t be afraid anymore. THE END.

Comment

• Lopyhupis
        Lopyhupis commented
        Editing a comment
        Quite a Good ghost story, gives proper tension and keeps information release at the proper rate, however the story could be expanded to be longer.

62/100

• Syd
        Syd commented
        Editing a comment
        Lopyhupis i really would love to expand this story, i sure will do after finishing this activities i have in school, i rushed making the last part because of the school works i have

Bump
      Cheap Stuff in THANOS

Comment

Here's mine. Not as scary as I expected it to be, but since I've already written it, I guess I'll just submit it. Might add a picture later if I have spare time to make one:

The year is 2020, a new disease known as COVID-19 is starting to spread rapidly. On the 30th of February, the "presdent" of the Untied States of Forume, SeedTopia de Stronk decided to declare a mild lockdown in order to prevent the spread of the new disease. Little did he know, such a decision would bring a bizarre yet tragic calamity upon the small yet once great land he rules. It all started when a certain dog named Walter Clements got bored of his die-cast trucks, and decided that he should try out real trucks. He asked his father, an owner of a Toyota Tacoma, to bring him along while buying essential household supplies at the local Tesco. His father, unaware of the conspiracy that has been boiling up in his son's mind, agreed.

Walter and his father left for Tesco at 4:20 p.m.. While driving on the highway, Walter's father lost consciousness, thanks to the solution that Walter has priorly mixed into his father's drink. Walter then took control of the Toyota Tacoma, and decided that it would be a fun and great idea to play the online monster truck game he has been playing on his Windows 95 PC in real life. No sooner than that, civilians of the Untied States of Forume found themselves either glued to their television screens, watching the latest news about a road rampage on the Ayam Kambing Bag Highway, or running for their dear lives from a car-crushing Toyota Tacoma. The military was dispatched to the scene. Frightened by their presence, Walter decided to flee on foot to a nearby fire station, where he decided to steal a fire truck.

Under the disguise of an on-duty fire truck, Walter headed to the nearby Pusing Pusing Motorbike Circuit. There, local famous racers such as Yameru Sevano and Bat Low were practicing for the upcoming Grand Prix. As Walter loved motorbikes and Grand Prix racing as well, he succumbed to the temptation of driving the fire truck onto the racing track and racing with the racers. Soon enough, the Grand Prix practice in the motorbike circuit turned into a scene which can be compared to the likes of a gladiator fight in the Colosseum. The military, of course, was already informed of Walter's whereabouts, and managed to act just right on time before local favourite racer Yameru Sevano gets sent into the orbit by Walter.

As Walter is just a clueless juvenile, he is unfortunately and against the will of the entire Untied States of Forume (besides himself) by law unbound to any criminal charges. His mother cracked down hard on him, though. He had had his phone confiscated, and was grounded from all activities besides school and tuition for a month (schools and tuition centres were allowed to operate under the mild lockdown but full compliance to strict preventive measures is required). During his period of grounding, Walter decided to publicly apologize by tasking his friend, Michael the cat, to write an open letter on his behalf to the people of the Untied States of Forume:
        BOTTOM TEXT

Comment

• Jedaki
          Jedaki commented
          Editing a comment
          This is a winner

• Lopyhupis
          Lopyhupis commented
          Editing a comment
          40/100 Decent Story but not exactly a horror story.

Here I go,

MrSange drops all his BGLs in Donate thinking no one's around, noob comes 'round and takes it away. The horror on MrSange's face is insane, Boom horror
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0DDtPd6ID0

Hiya, If you enjoyed that, subscribe below, thanks!
        http://www.youtube.com/JonnyPlaysGT

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyPlaysGT View Post
          Here I go,

MrSange drops all his BGLs in Donate thinking no one's around, noob comes 'round and takes it away. The horror on MrSange's face is insane, Boom horror
          -1/100
          Cheap Stuff in THANOS

Comment

• JonnyPlaysGT
            JonnyPlaysGT commented
            Editing a comment
            (((( (

• NotSeedTopian
            NotSeedTopian commented
            Editing a comment
            wdym is vry gud stori mrsange is skam

Saving a spot
          IGN: FinalChance
          -------- Art insta --------
          Visit my insta page here
          --------------------------

Comment

ONE DAY LEFT TO SUBMIT!!
            Cheap Stuff in THANOS

Comment

Working...
            X