Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YouTube's 'New' Monetzation Policy & How it affects YOU!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube's 'New' Monetzation Policy & How it affects YOU!!

Recently, YouTube announced a new policy pertaining to how its users monetize content on their site. Certain advertisers have expressed dis-sanctification in that there ads are automatically 'pasted' on videos Google thinks they will perform well.

Now, YouTube is rolling out a system to remove ads from videos that contain: one or more of the following:
    • Sexually suggestive content, including partial nudity and sexual humor
    • Violence, including display of serious injury and events related to violent extremism
    • Inappropriate language, including harassment, profanity and vulgar language
    • Promotion of drugs and regulated substances, including selling, use and abuse of such items
    • Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown

This policy isn't new, but YouTube is going to start enforcing it by sending you periodic notifications in your video manager.

For most of you Growtopian Youtubers, this shouldn't be a problem. This is being blown WAY out of proportion by large YouTubers who think their money is in danger of being snatched from them. This couldn't be further from the truth; YouTube is simply working with advertisers to make sure that their brands are adequately represented, and part of that is ensuring their ads don't appear on 'risky' content.

If you have any questions about this policy, I'm qualified to answer them. (I've been in contact with a few internal people and I'm certified.)

Hope you all are well!
    --av8r
    Originally posted by Hamumu
    It's not hard to follow the rules.
    Twitter | Facebook

Wait so, if id put a "swear" word in my video, does it demonetizes it or do the rules go on the title only.
    Thats what i heard from famous youtubers.
    Please Follow All The Rules Here, Even Those In The Game!

Greetings.
    My name is Markus, I'm 18,4 years old and I play Growtopia (obviously)
    I love to use "Steam" items on Growtopia
    My IGN: Mcroxed
    Want to see my stream or just follow?
    https://www.twitch.tv/arkhaotix
    I've been playing Growtopia for 3-4 years now :crazy:
    Have a wonderful day in here!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Richardson View Post
      Recently, YouTube announced a new policy pertaining to how its users monetize content on their site. Certain advertisers have expressed dis-sanctification in that there ads are automatically 'pasted' on videos Google thinks they will perform well.

Now, YouTube is rolling out a system to remove ads from videos that contain: one or more of the following:
      • Sexually suggestive content, including partial nudity and sexual humor
      • Violence, including display of serious injury and events related to violent extremism
      • Inappropriate language, including harassment, profanity and vulgar language
      • Promotion of drugs and regulated substances, including selling, use and abuse of such items
      • Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown

This policy isn't new, but YouTube is going to start enforcing it by sending you periodic notifications in your video manager.

For most of you Growtopian Youtubers, this shouldn't be a problem. This is being blown WAY out of proportion by large YouTubers who think their money is in danger of being snatched from them. This couldn't be further from the truth; YouTube is simply working with advertisers to make sure that their brands are adequately represented, and part of that is ensuring their ads don't appear on 'risky' content.

If you have any questions about this policy, I'm qualified to answer them. (I've been in contact with a few internal people and I'm certified.)

Hope you all are well!
      --av8r
      it's actually super dumb. what if you're the CNN of YouTube?
      like honestly... no offense to youtube bu---

Click image for larger version

Name:	YouTube_blocked_Germany_GEMA_en.png
Views:	1
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	6519407
      Yes... I am THAT Wok. Well, yeah, hello humans. ~0-0~

Anything that's Nintendo, I like... I play Pokémon, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Brothers, basically I'm a Nintendo Super Fan.

FC: 0817-4353-8535
      ID: I.N.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Jirachi View Post
        it's actually super dumb. what if you're the CNN of YouTube?
        like honestly... no offense to youtube bu---

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137206[/ATTACH]
        Yea.
        Even someone made a video to help people prevent "suiciding" and it got demonetized, i think it got age-restricted aswell
        Please Follow All The Rules Here, Even Those In The Game!

Greetings.
        My name is Markus, I'm 18,4 years old and I play Growtopia (obviously)
        I love to use "Steam" items on Growtopia
        My IGN: Mcroxed
        Want to see my stream or just follow?
        https://www.twitch.tv/arkhaotix
        I've been playing Growtopia for 3-4 years now :crazy:
        Have a wonderful day in here!

Comment

Crap,I do growtopian fighting with no blood and gore,does that counts as violence?
          Lastest GIF!

Comment

So swearing means: Demonitized ?

Comment

This new policy is so dumb in my opinion. They're basically telling to the Youtubers, most of them, to stop being their selves.

I'm supposed to be gone by now. I can't find closure oh my god. Send help!

Comment

Originally posted by voidgaming View Post
                Crap,I do growtopian fighting with no blood and gore,does that counts as violence?
                Yeah, this is covered by YouTube's gaming policy. As long as you don't have overly gruesome images you should be fine. MAKE SURE when you upload your video, that you tag it in the "Gaming" category.

--av8r
                Twitter | Facebook

Comment

rip youtube
                  Originally posted by Vluonx
                  This journey has ended. But I have started a new one elsewhere. Farewell my brethren. I wish success in yours.
                  If you have anything you want to ask me, email me at vluonx@gmail.com

Comment

People are acting like this is 100% Youtube (Google)'s fault, but it completely isn't. Companies don't want their ads shown on videos about people making fun of children or videos of people constantly swearing because that type of content's demographic isn't the same as the demographic they're aiming to advertise to. Ads are how Youtube makes money, if all the advertisors leave because Youtube won't listen. goodbye Youtube.
                    You can find me ingame as Bagelz and on Discord as Bagelz#5403​.

Comment

Click bait title it doesn't effect me in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Richardson View Post
                        Yeah, this is covered by YouTube's gaming policy. As long as you don't have overly gruesome images you should be fine. MAKE SURE when you upload your video, that you tag it in the "Gaming" category.

--av8r
                        Eeeh I mean animations,I had a lot slicing with no bloods or things.
                        Lastest GIF!

Comment

Originally posted by bagel124 View Post
                          People are acting like this is 100% Youtube (Google)'s fault, but it completely isn't. Companies don't want their ads shown on videos about people making fun of children or videos of people constantly swearing because that type of content's demographic isn't the same as the demographic they're aiming to advertise to. Ads are how Youtube makes money, if all the advertisors leave because Youtube won't listen. goodbye Youtube.
                          Yep. Couldn't agree more.
                          Twitter | Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by NorPikalugia View Post
                            So swearing means: Demonitized ?

Not necessarily. Most times, videos only get "age-gated" (the fancy term for profanity demonetizations) if the use of profanity is extreme and not in context.
                            Twitter | Facebook

Comment

I hear almost every Youtuber talking about this, since it's their main source of income.

Comment

Working...
                              X