Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it illegal to sell artworks & intros for world locks ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it illegal to sell artworks & intros for world locks ?

    Hello, this drama has been going on in Instagram recently and I wanted to make it clear on my opinion how it is almost impossible to make this illegal & the reason I think the community set up a theory like this. You can watch the video here and tell me your thoughts on the subject as I really find myself interested with the topic and planning to do a second episode as soon as I get all my data clear to investigate further into the situation ! Please help me out on this research, I do not want a mod to go like "it isn't" I want to see if Growtopia's rules are repetative and does the further on not so known rules are sometimes diffrent from the ground rules which on makes it impossible to predict. Like theres a rule which is diffrent from the /rules command. A rule that doesent really appear on so many situations but it still is a rule and has something broken about it. Such as it not maching as it should be with the ground rules like it being not balanced.

    Watched my latest upload?
    Here is the latest video I uploaded on my channel !

  • #2
    https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...for-Art-Videos

    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
    ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
    Random stuff in GOLA
    ▲◭△△△◮▲
    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

    Comment


    • #3
      bump go brr
      Watched my latest upload?
      Here is the latest video I uploaded on my channel !

      Comment


      • #4
        As for fan arts like that on your thumbnail, 100% legal. One thing that I'm not sure about is those creations that are using actual body parts, but edited. Same goes with intros. It isn't stated in the Growtopian Code neither, the last part isn't clear. However, if this is illegal, many players would've gone banned already, such as the members of Growtopia Intro.

        RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

        "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
        - Eleanor Roosevelt

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JimIzPro View Post
          As for fan arts like that on your thumbnail, 100% legal. One thing that I'm not sure about is those creations that are using actual body parts, but edited. Same goes with intros. It isn't stated in the Growtopian Code neither, the last part isn't clear. However, if this is illegal, many players would've gone banned already, such as the members of Growtopia Intro.
          You never put into possibilty that you might've found something that mods even dont know, a piece where it stops on common sense.
          Watched my latest upload?
          Here is the latest video I uploaded on my channel !

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes, it's legal. Though it's not recommended by staff/devs/mods to do so. If you get scammed, you will not receive assistance from the team.
            Hi, I'm Daisy!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MrSkybow View Post
              You never put into possibilty that you might've found something that mods even dont know, a piece where it stops on common sense.
              can you elaborate, didn't understand that quite much

              RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

              "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
              - Eleanor Roosevelt

              Comment


              • #8
                It is discouraged, but not illegal. See this thread here for more information.

                If you are selling art for real money however, this is illegal and can get you banned.
                IGN: Cloverlord
                Current level: 111
                Discord: Cloverleaf#0258
                Instagram: @cloverlordgt
                My shop world: LIQUIDMARKET.
                Looking for perfect fish? Visit CLOAQUARIUM!
                WIP Garbaway Discord server: https://discord.gg/mNDndHM

                Comment


                • #9
                  how about pay for promote example like post on ig what you selling for 10 wls

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JimIzPro View Post
                    can you elaborate, didn't understand that quite much
                    I want to find a place, a rule that stops making sense when looked into the others, I want to find a crack on Growtopia's stone. I just want to find something wrong about it, something that can get people to think and try to find why it is done like that why did the dearest Topian gods put it this way, I want to find something that we can make conspiracy theories on because we never had such a thing to talk about and share our ideas / vision on Growtopia. I want to find something to make people think about it, get people to share their opinions on it as I think its one of the few things that can retreat Growtopia at this point.

                    - - - Updated - - -

                    Originally posted by Iooksim View Post
                    how about pay for promote example like post on ig what you selling for 10 wls
                    As I mentioned in my video it can't really be bannable, I actually have a pretty fun story on it I pointed out a youtuber for selling promotions etc and he got back to me saying ''I don't sell promotions, I just show the channels of people who donated to me the amount of world locks''
                    Watched my latest upload?
                    Here is the latest video I uploaded on my channel !

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MrSkybow View Post
                      I want to find a place, a rule that stops making sense when looked into the others, I want to find a crack on Growtopia's stone. I just want to find something wrong about it, something that can get people to think and try to find why it is done like that why did the dearest Topian gods put it this way, I want to find something that we can make conspiracy theories on because we never had such a thing to talk about and share our ideas / vision on Growtopia. I want to find something to make people think about it, get people to share their opinions on it as I think its one of the few things that can retreat Growtopia at this point.
                      Ah, I see. I watched the video and I agree to every single thing that you said. It is nearly impossible to make it illegal since they can just use "tip" as an excuse to bypass the rule.

                      RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

                      "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
                      - Eleanor Roosevelt

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JimIzPro View Post
                        Ah, I see. I watched the video and I agree to every single thing that you said. It is nearly impossible to make it illegal since they can just use "tip" as an excuse to bypass the rule.
                        Thanks, just let me know if you find something as I mentioned earlier. Like a rule that is outside of common sense and too diffrent to be guessed and can be talked about by people who'd like to put on some theiories and share their ideas on it.
                        Watched my latest upload?
                        Here is the latest video I uploaded on my channel !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Late reply, but if it's a mystery or a loophole that you're looking for in the GROWTOPIAN rules, uh, tough luck, buddy.

                          Anyways, according to the rules, selling artwork for in-game items is not illegal, and neither is selling intros or outros, although apparently it is discouraged because you might get scammed without a middleman. But, the keyword is IN-GAME ITEMS. If you sell artwork or intros for money, then it will get you banned.
                          GROWTOPIAN

                          Sup. I'm Zyonic. Lost my old forums account; so, this one will have to do.

                          I'm also a Pillar PvPer and a Spleefer. If you don't know what neither of those things are, I suggest you to go to SPLEF or CW.

                          LEVEL: 39

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JimIzPro View Post
                            It is nearly impossible to make it illegal since they can just use "tip" as an excuse to bypass the rule.
                            No, I'm not selling DLS for money, I'm just giving free DLS as a thanks to those who donated me money.
                            <Insert a temporary placeholder signature>
                            M e n a c i n g. . .
                            ゴゴゴゴゴ. . .


                            IGN - D00DofSilver

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DavidDoesPBG View Post
                              No, I'm not selling DLS for money, I'm just giving free DLS as a thanks to those who donated me money.
                              hahaha i give him 200$ as a gift because he donated me 1 bgl

                              RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

                              "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
                              - Eleanor Roosevelt

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X