No announcement yet.

Winner VOTW this week copying someone idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I don't think it's a problem - he made his own design though, ideas, as always, are not copyrighted.

Let's say there are many Halloween-themed animations, it's not something that you need to credit, because you're making content out of the "idea." In this situation, the idea is making an Halloween-themed animations, and there are a lot of them, you need not to credit the creator of the idea or where you got that idea because you're pulling off that idea to create content, not pulling off that idea and claiming that it is yours.

As long the content is not copied, nor in anyway stolen, it is fine.

How do I protect my idea?
    Copyright does not protect ideas, concepts, systems, or methods of doing something. You may express your ideas in writing or drawings and claim copyright in your description, but be aware that copyright will not protect the idea itself as revealed in your written or artistic work.
    Source: https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/f...rtistic%20work.

Speaking of VOTW rules, there's a lot needed to be fixed.

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by JimIzPro View Post
      Personally I don't think it's a problem - he made his own design though, ideas, as always, are not copyrighted.

Let's say there are many Halloween-themed animations, it's not something that you need to credit, because you're making content out of the "idea." In this situation, the idea is making an Halloween-themed animations, and there are a lot of them, you need not to credit the creator of the idea or where you got that idea because you're pulling off that idea to create content, not pulling off that idea and claiming that it is yours.

As long the content is not copied, nor in anyway stolen, it is fine.

Source: https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/f...rtistic%20work.

Speaking of VOTW rules, there's a lot needed to be fixed.
      * Take note that if we find out that your winning entry was infringed, plagiarized, copied in any way or have copied content or idea without proper credit or permission from the original creator AND we catch you impersonating somebody else, your rewards will be removed from your account and you will be possibly banned.

That is one of rules
      Dont play too far, there written content and idea, right?
      ​​​​
      GrowID:RapidRollGT
      Main and BFG Link:OCGU
      Daily Free Chand BFG With VIP Entrance

Comment

• Jedaki
        Jedaki commented
        Editing a comment
        take note of the word and

Before this post, i had never seen any shoe painting videos, so how you all think that this person copied? What if, this person is like me and didn't know that there is some other video with same theme in growtopia.. How ppl always assume the worst thing first and they never even think that there is actual possibility that this person got great idea and didn't google it after it popped in his/her mind. If you get great idea, will you always google it? And then search from tube in worst case with million key words cause tube shows weird results if only same named video is made by some not famous person.

What if, this is just coincidence OMG! Lets hang this winner just cause he/she didn't search with all possible key words, is there any videos what would be even little same in this earth. He/she deserves to die! XD

Comment

Whatever it is, all the evidence is there, the rules say so, moreover, the person who drew it also followed the nominations too
        Nekorei has found a case like this, we'll see🗿
        GrowID:RapidRollGT
        Main and BFG Link:OCGU
        Daily Free Chand BFG With VIP Entrance

Comment

Originally posted by RapidRollGT View Post

* Take note that if we find out that your winning entry was infringed, plagiarized, copied in any way or have copied content or idea without proper credit or permission from the original creator AND we catch you impersonating somebody else, your rewards will be removed from your account and you will be possibly banned.

That is one of rules
          Dont play too far, there written content and idea, right?
          ​​​​
          Never mind, thanks for bringing that up.

RISK - A Love Story | The Ruined (Growtopia Film)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
          - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

i wouldnt say its against the rules since this isnt plaigiarazing or straight up copying, anyone can draw pictures on shoes
            Feel free to check out my Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/tiigerpro
            Also if you want to contact me, i use Instagram daily: https://www.instagram.com/tiigerpro/

In Game Name: TiigerPro
            Played Growtopia Since 2013!

Comment

Working...
            X