No announcement yet.

GROWPASS IN GROWTOPIA (NEW GOAL SYSTEM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't we already have a battle pass in the form of Season Clashes? I would rather see devs improving it instead of implementing yet another feature that needs to be updated regularly.
    Growtopia Wiki admin. Check out some of my threads!
    List of Pets and Clothing Mods
    Converted RTTEX Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sprite Lightning View Post
      Don't we already have a battle pass in the form of Season Clashes? I would rather see devs improving it instead of implementing yet another feature that needs to be updated regularly.
      Season Clashes and roles are 'completely' different. For Growpass, Everytime you will have quests to complete them. Best thing is you will rewarded after completing them. It's something like carnival quests but i think growpass is better. Because always people doing quests for only rings, But in growpass, there will be 40 new items, 1 exclusive flag, 1 Special growpass skin and 2 Untradeable item!
      Last edited by GrowPixel; 06-22-2019, 12:09 AM.
      Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

My Last Suggestion; Battle Royale(PVP) Suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by GrowPixel View Post
        Season Clashes and roles are 'completely' different. For Growpass, Everytime you will have quests to complete them. Best thing is you will rewarded after completing them. It's something like carnival quests but i think growpass is better. Because always people doing quests for only rings, But in growpass, there will be 40 new items, 1 exclusive flag, 1 Special growpass skin and 2 Untradeable item!
        Huh? At the core they are still a tiered rewarding system where players need to complete normal in-game activities in order to unlock the prizes.

I'm not sure having two iterations of the battle pass mechanism in a single game is a good decision.
        Growtopia Wiki admin. Check out some of my threads!
        List of Pets and Clothing Mods
        Converted RTTEX Files

Comment

lol look epic gamer fortnut yes haha!
          Rest in peace private poopy joe.

Comment

Huh.

I was reading the whole thread and no one brought up tha problem yet.

The "Permanently added work".

Growtopia's updates can be put into two categories:
            1) One time things(like steampunk or paint)
            2) Constant-update/improvement type(guilds)

Your idea falls under catagory 2. This will give more overall work to the staff or whoever makes these items.

As a good estimate, Growtopia adds...lets say 100 new items every 6 months. Now, your asking for basically staff to spend 40% of their time making new items for this?(not to forget, guild items are practically taking up 1/3rd of the current new items made already.

New items/updates will be slowed dramatically by this.

As well as this, another argument is yet to be brought up.

Like in Guild updates, there was always the Final legendary branch item. An untradable item that many people worked hard for.

This stressed many players out feeling like they will lose a one in a lifetime opportunity to either get that item, or not.
            That is the reason why they removed it/plan to.

Adding limited items will stress more players.

Both achieving the final branch item AND your suggestion for the untradable items are highly similar, so will probably result in similar effects.

Both require you to do certain activities, and aftering doing a certain amount, finish your goal.

The ONLY difference I see in this and the guild update is you won't be needing tools.

For these two main reasons(development of new items and overall stress from untradable items), I disagree with you on making this update.
            They are two types of people in the world. Me and not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Malware View Post
              This will give more overall work to the staff or whoever makes these items. As a good estimate, Growtopia adds...lets say 100 new items every 6 months. Now, your asking for basically staff to spend 40% of their time making new items for this?

New items/updates will be slowed dramatically by this.
              You must check about the update items list: https://growtopia.fandom.com/wiki/Gr...s_History#2019
              March Update > 50 New Items
              April Update > 50 New Items
              May Update > 49 New Items
              June Update > 48 New Items...

Also on Growpass, there will be 5 spot for tokens(For example 20 token for 27th spot), 5 spot for gems(30k gems for 25th spot) and more... So, there will be 25-30 new items for growpass...

Originally posted by Malware View Post
              The ONLY difference I see in this and the guild update is you won't be needing tools.
              What do you mean? Are you doing quests for getting new items on guild events? No... For example for guild surgery event, you just have to perform 100-130surgery for that week, thats all... Next week can be punch 1000 times for complating that week quests...
              With growpass, that 'perform 100-200surgery' will be on monthly quests and there will be a lot of more that you need to do. For example for daily quests, it will ask you to find 3 radioactive items to get 300xp. Everysingle activate will give you xp for growpass if you complete that quest. It's awesome!
              Last edited by GrowPixel; 06-29-2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Bumppp

Bump

Comment

better to make it like this:

supporters normal branch
                  super supporter branch

supporters need to pay 200k

super supporters 500k (they will get both)

and all rewards are untradeable and some are limited for each season and will never come back!

Comment

Originally posted by Xrmion View Post
                    better to make it like this:

supporters normal branch
                    super supporter branch

supporters need to pay 200k

super supporters 500k (they will get both)

and all rewards are untradeable and some are limited for each season and will never come back!
                    No, normal branch should be for beginners(for free). And 100,000 gems is good price for everyone.

Comment

If this does get added into the game, don't you think there's a chance of it costing real money? This is a huge opportunity for Ubisoft to make a lot of cash, so why would they miss out on it?
                      IGN: Vrags
                      Thingamabob at skill 43
                      Legendary Wings on 1/9/19

Comment

Originally posted by Vrags View Post
                        If this does get added into the game, don't you think there's a chance of it costing real money? This is a huge opportunity for Ubisoft to make a lot of cash, so why would they miss out on it?
                        I don't think they would do that. It's impossible..

Comment

this thread will die without my BUMP!

Comment

Originally posted by Xrmion View Post
                            this thread will die without my BUMP!
                            Hahaha, thank you very much

Also i just realized that this thread been here for 4 months I think it's time to make new suggestion! (I have a great idea, coming soon!)

Comment

Nothing to say here..

But there's a few things I have to say bout this..
                              Its great and all, and I'm pretty sure its kinda have the same mechanics as like a normal pass like PUBG, Fortnite and some other, and the thing that doesnt use real money and instead an In-game currency was a bliss idea, and I like that. For the Supporter Branch that was implemented as free was a genuine idea, since probably have normal common rewards and sometimes no rewards (as shown in the pic) and plenty of rewards for Super Supporter that have to pay around 100k was fine I guess (I'm still a supporter). Most companies require real money to buy in-game currency to buy an upgraded pass while this one, you can easily obtain the gems by breaking ur farmables and doing some BFG or you can just buy a gem pack, whichever you like.

Overall, this is a nice idea to get the game a little bit of wee fun times. And to be fair, I'm pretty sure you don't need to spend a lot of WLS too much. Just requires sum sick skillz to do.

also have a free bump
                              IGN : BoxeyNoxey

About Me :
                              - Tall Boi
                              - Professional Candy Crusher
                              - Completely Straight
                              - Funky Hair
                              - Never Got Featured On YIAY
                              - Awkward And Sometimes Silent
                              - Overwhelmingly Sarcastic

Comment

No, normal branch should be for beginners(for free). And 100,000 gems is good price for everyone.
                                why not add 3 brances? normal, supporter, super supporter. beginning costs 20,000 gems for supporters, 30,000 for super supporters; they get both branches. the regular branch is free. The more the merrier.
                                | IGN: Graxum | Level: 80 |

Originally posted by Seth
                                Update: I listened to TIMEONI (nice song..)
                                Originally posted by DynPlaysGT
                                "Hey we just let all your private data get leaked, sorry about that. Now buy our IAP!"
                                Originally posted by AsteroidSpam
                                and yet again growtopians surpass the known limit to collective autism

Comment

Working...
                                X