Additions to In-Game Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additions to In-Game Music

This thread is dedicated to the songs (transcribed by players) that we mostly hear in-game. These are suggestions coming from an experienced transcriber (or more commonly known by players as a 'composer').

Double Note - Plays a note 2 consecutive times on a single space, each note lasts 2 times the BPM set. This would help save space in a world, leaving more room for a longer song.

Ability to change the duration of Sheet Music - Blank - This idea popped out of my head when I realized how space-consuming it is to have a long rest in between 2 parts of a song. This would also help in saving space.

Note Durations - Self-explanatory; Having more durations for every note makes a better song.

World Lock Options :
    - Allow players to set a volume for each type of note (the Spanish Guitars are barely audible when played with a Piano Note).
    - Set Audio Racks to become invisible.

Increase Spanish Guitar and Bass Notes' Volume - (Only if previous suggestion is rejected)

Ability to place notes behind a background without replacing them - In my opinion, the Weather Machine - Background wasn't enough to solve the issue of having an empty background with notes due to the fact that it only has 1 type of background (Some players require 2 or more types of background to design a world).

More Notes - Thinking of new sounds like a snare, cow bell, electric guitar, or other types of piano including synth.

May add more ideas soon. Feel free to add this thread link to your siggy if you'd love to have these implemented!
    Last edited by PixelJr; 08-27-2019, 09:11 AM.
    IGN: PixelJr
    Instagram: @iampixeljr
    Discord: PixelJr#2322
    Growtopia Discord: https://discord.gg/c2j2C92
    Growtopia Treehouse: https://discord.gg/WXjSK95
    Content Moderator for Growtopia Wiki.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1... ad infinitum
    My heart belongs to Mistie ๐Ÿ’˜
    I love her so so much eee
    how do I add back my sigpic
    IGN: Dynnie
    Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! โค๏ธ

Comment

The notes behind the background is something i really need too. Because currently we have to sacrifice and replace our beautiful background if we need music. So yea, i recomend this.
      IGN - MineDeath

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor .

Instagram:
      Instagram Link!
      Discord:
      Discord Link!

Comment

World Lock Options :
        - Allow players to set a volume for each type of individual note (the Spanish Guitars are barely audible when played with a Piano Note).
        - Set Audio Racks to become invisible.
        +1. If I may add, setting a volume for each note means you need to wrench it one by one. And currently, there is no wrench-able background tile in the game, am I right? So I think adding this would be pretty tricky.

Ability to place notes behind a background without replacing them - In my opinion, the Weather Machine - Background wasn't enough to solve the issue of having an empty background with notes due to the fact that it only has 1 type of background (Some players require 2 or more types of background to design a world).
        No. This will ruin many worlds since the creators have managed to think of a way to cover up those notes while ACTUALLY putting a good design to the world. I mean, this has also been suggested for a long time and trust me, this one's hard to be implemented. (just like adding more octaves)

More Notes - Thinking of new sounds like a snare, cow bell, electric guitar, or other types of piano.
        +1, snare and electric guitar might sound cool!
        GrowID: GRRM
        Playing since July 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by GRRM View Post
          +1. If I may add, setting a volume for each note means you need to wrench it one by one. And currently, there is no wrench-able background tile in the game, am I right? So I think adding this would be pretty tricky.
          Let me rephrase my suggestion โ€” what I meant to say is 1 volume for each type of note (not per single note), for example all Piano notes in the world will be at a volume of 50, while the Spanish Guitars will be at a volume of 100. There's no need to toggle them one by one (although this is how the Audio Racks work)

Comment

i mean i don't mind

็œŸใฎๅนธ็ฆใ‚’้”ๆˆ.

Comment

+1

Great for everyone, especially musicians.
              Nice to meet you!

โ€Words are powerful.โ€

Thank you DavidDoesPBG for my avatar!

Comment

+1
                yes pls

Comment

Don't really get the double piano note cus I'm stoopid.
                  The ability to change the blank note duration will be great.
                  Note durations sound pretty tricky to code, unless it's a duration for all the notes of the same type.
                  Changing volumes for notes would be amazing! I would love to hear more of those funky basslines.
                  Audio racks to become invisible would be nice.
                  I actually have suggested for music notes to be placed without backgrounds disrupting them, sadly, it wasn't really noticed. My suggestion to fix this was for music notes to be their own block type.
                  New notes I want to be added in are:
                  Cowbells, Synths, Ride, Bells, and Rimshots (hitting the rim of a snare drum).
                  sigpic
                  Click This for Stuff About Building Things
                  Yes, my username is from that anime.
                  Originally posted by Satania
                  Look, I quoted someone's post!

Comment

Originally posted by Satania View Post
                    Don't really get the double piano note cus I'm stoopid
                    The double piano note is pretty much a single sheet note that plays one note after the other in one space (the notes being played at twice the world's BPM is mandatory); Let's say the world's BPM is 60, the double note will play 2 consecutive notes when the highlight reaches that coordinate.

Note durations sound pretty tricky to code, unless it's a duration for all the notes of the same type.
                    When you're a perfectionist like me, nothing would ever be hard to code It'll be very worth it as it adds life to the songs, as having 1 duration for all notes makes it sound pretty 'simple'.

New notes I want to be added in are:
                    Cowbells, Synths, Ride, Bells, and Rimshots (hitting the rim of a snare drum).
                    Interesting choices I must say. Hope ya don't mind if I add some of the ones I'm familiar with

Comment

we just want 6 octaves
                      I like my world locks like I like my plural nouns.
                      Plural
                      IGN : SimpForJesus

Comment

Originally posted by Astigmatisme View Post
                        we just want 6 octaves
                        Heck, even just 3 would be enough for a vast majority of music.
                        My heart belongs to Mistie ๐Ÿ’˜
                        I love her so so much eee
                        how do I add back my sigpic
                        IGN: Dynnie
                        Discord: Dynnie#3475

Avatar by the most wonderful Mistie, thank you so much! โค๏ธ

Comment

+1 i mean why not
                          Join our Jahy-Sama discord server

sigpic

Comment

Cool idea
                            +1
                            DrOreo002
                            Plugin & Java programmer at spigotmc.org
                            Github | Spigot

Comment

Add music sheet: skip
                              functions similarly to repeat music sheet but skips instead
                              repeat will always go first before skip
                              sigpic
                              Click This for Stuff About Building Things
                              Yes, my username is from that anime.
                              Originally posted by Satania
                              Look, I quoted someone's post!

Comment

Working...
                              X