X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrowStone
    replied
    Originally posted by houzteR View Post
    I anticipated you may mention web-development here, and yes, browsers nowadays are really secure, but it's not malware that's the issue in this case - you could redirect to other sites, or you could literally do thousands of other things that would result in a scandal which would hurt Ubisoft's reputation. Please note that I am not saying you in particular would do anything, but I'm merely listing possibilities. Most players are too young to sign a contract, so it wouldn't work too well.
    I do agree with all of the above.
    And about the contract, Ubisoft could accept websites whose owners are above legal age to sign a contract.

Leave a comment:

• houzteR
    replied
    Originally posted by GrowStone View Post
    Trust me, even GrowStocks took months and years to make

I see you're talking about Software (downloadable stuff).
    I'm 100% with you on potential stealers that would badly hurt the game.
    There are 2 possible solutions:
    1. Do not feature downloadable programs
    2. Possibly a legal contract between Ubisoft and the creator would do it?
    Break the contract = Legal action against you
    I anticipated you may mention web-development here, and yes, browsers nowadays are really secure, but it's not malware that's the issue in this case - you could redirect to other sites, or you could literally do thousands of other things that would result in a scandal which would hurt Ubisoft's reputation. Please note that I am not saying you in particular would do anything, but I'm merely listing possibilities. Most players are too young to sign a contract, so it wouldn't work too well.

Leave a comment:

• GrowStone
    replied
    Originally posted by DracoTDragon View Post
    As a web dev, I +1 this. Only problem is I can't come up with any website ideas that aren't a Growstocks ripoff LOL. My best idea so far is a web version of MASSHELP but it seems like it would take a ridiculous amount of time to do
    Trust me, even GrowStocks took months and years to make
    When you entrust software developers with this it stops being just in-game stuff, you entrust with the developer that his software is 100% safe - and at any point he could inject it with malware and mask it as an "update" or whatever. My point is that we can cause damage outside of the game, which would hurt Ubisoft's reputation heavily (could easily result in a scandal), and while I am not a hundred percent confident with that, im afraid that it may cause legal issues too.

I too, as a developer, would love to be recognized for my work, but I don't think that the risks of adding developers to the "Content creator" section is worth the possible pay-off.
    I see you're talking about Software (downloadable stuff).
    I'm 100% with you on potential stealers that would badly hurt the game.
    There are 2 possible solutions:
    1. Do not feature downloadable programs
    2. Possibly a legal contract between Ubisoft and the creator would do it?
    Break the contract = Legal action against you

Leave a comment:

• houzteR
    replied
    While your explanation totally makes sense, us developers are left in the dark while we are producing content too.
    I mean content creators are able to scam people too (if that's what you mean).
    When you entrust software developers with this it stops being just in-game stuff, you entrust with the developer that his software is 100% safe - and at any point he could inject it with malware and mask it as an "update" or whatever. My point is that we can cause damage outside of the game, which would hurt Ubisoft's reputation heavily (could easily result in a scandal), and while I am not a hundred percent confident with that, im afraid that it may cause legal issues too.

I too, as a developer, would love to be recognized for my work, but I don't think that the risks of adding developers to the "Content creator" section is worth the possible pay-off.

Leave a comment:

• DracoTDragon
    replied
    As a web dev, I +1 this. Only problem is I can't come up with any website ideas that aren't a Growstocks ripoff LOL. My best idea so far is a web version of MASSHELP but it seems like it would take a ridiculous amount of time to do

Leave a comment:

• loyalty
    replied
    why not
    +1

Leave a comment:

• GrowStone
    replied
    I disagree (as a "developer", too) because I think the game featuring software producers is skating on very thin ice, and many things could go wrong which could hurt the games reputation.
    While your explanation totally makes sense, us developers are left in the dark while we are producing content too.
    I mean content creators are able to scam people too (if that's what you mean).

Leave a comment:

• JimIzPro
    replied
    I disagree (as a "developer", too) because I think the game featuring software producers is skating on very thin ice, and many things could go wrong which could hurt the games reputation.
    very true although i still support this suggestion slight

Leave a comment:

• houzteR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BigBadStrelok
    replied
    bump yes. the website is very helpful so why not.

Leave a comment:

• GrowStone
    replied
    Originally posted by Odric View Post
    I hear you, and I'll see what I can do! I can't guarantee that this will happen, nor can I guarantee it will happen soon if it does happen, but I personally believe that website creators are highly important to the development of the community! Imagine where we'd be if there was no Wiki (even though it definitely needs some work)! No new players would know how to get further without talking to the right people.

+1
    You just made my year (yes, not my day)! <3

Originally posted by nemoguy29 View Post
    Yea I can't see a reason to not support this even if I tried. Websites like Grow Stocks, Wiki, etc, need more attention.
    Yup. Hope GrowMarket gets done too! It's a great website.

Originally posted by TobyLerasco View Post
    You do some real good work for the community, love you my dude!

I support you, <3
    Man, you always supported me, and everyone. Thank you fot always being of a great help to this community. <3

Leave a comment:

• TobyLerasco
    replied
    You do some real good work for the community, love you my dude!

I support you, <3

Leave a comment:

• nemoguy29
    replied
    +1

Yea I can't see a reason to not support this even if I tried. Websites like Grow Stocks, Wiki, etc, need more attention.

Leave a comment:

• Odric
    replied
    Going by my logic (which totally makes sense), websites and other content (discord bots/apps) should be given a chance to be featured as content creators.
    I hear you, and I'll see what I can do! I can't guarantee that this will happen, nor can I guarantee it will happen soon if it does happen, but I personally believe that website creators are highly important to the development of the community! Imagine where we'd be if there was no Wiki (even though it definitely needs some work)! No new players would know how to get further without talking to the right people.

+1

Leave a comment:

• GrowStone
    replied
    Originally posted by rrix View Post
    oo I agree, there are plenty of great gt websites that don't get nearly enough attention they deserve
    Very true. Everyone producing content shouldbe considered a content creator.

Originally posted by Anton0202 View Post
    I think anyone who does a favor/big favor for the community should have a chance to be rewarded, and not by a prize, but for example like some youtubers and instagrammers gets featured

There’s some other websites too like BEASTLY’s calculators, Cernodiles tools, and the GT music simulator by Mrlegguy? Forgot his name
    True. Even if there are not many projects to pick from, the available ones are already advanced enough to be featured.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X