Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enable the ability ti change forums username

The ability to change your forums username should be enabled

The ability to change your forums username should be enabled as it would provide a great feature for players such as myself that made a huge mistake upon registering.

If you dislike your username and you changed it in game, it would be nice to be able to change it on the forums as well. For example, my in game name was "Nemoguy29" previously in game, and as I grew up I disliked the name and I changed it to "JellyPies". I would rather be referenced by my new name and decrease confusion when posting on the forums by changing my forums name to match my in game name.

There's not a good reason to not enable it. Some may argue stating people can try to change their name when they do something bad to avoid punishment, however VBulletin logs name changes to accounts, and reports will still stick the the account even after name change. Like if I were to break a forums rule, and change my name, it would still be traced back to my account if a player made a report about me.

Some may argue that changing your name to often should be disallowed as it can be "abusive" to the system. In the case that a user can frequently change to name to "abuse" the system, the forums software also allows you to set max amount of times you can change your name, and a cooldown.
    My current username is JellyPies, I'm ashamed by my forums name

+1.
    Maybe once every 30 days

Comment

Yeah, why not :P
      Confidence is the key. If you do not believe in yourself, NOBODY will.

Comment

Currently, the only way you can do that is by contacting Nekorei. I think you aren't allowded to change your forum name all by yourslef because it may result in people becoming imposters! .

It can also cause quite a number of other complications.
        IGN - MineDeath

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor .

Instagram:
        Instagram Link!
        Discord:
        Discord Link!

Comment

Originally posted by GrowStone View Post
          +1.
          Maybe once every 30 days
          Once a year sounds better
          +1 btw
          Bright sides
          1. NekoRei won’t get spammed in her inbox.
          2. People won’t have to create threads about ‘changing their name’.
          GrowID: PokeNotPoke
          Instagram: @pokenotpoke

Comment

Originally posted by MineDeath View Post
            Currently, the only way you can do that is by contacting Nekorei. I think you aren't allowded to change your forum name all by yourslef because it may result in people becoming imposters! .

It can also cause quite a number of other complications.
            The ability to blacklist usernames from use is also possible with this forums software. You will need to be more specific about "Other complications"

Comment

It's a great suggestion, to be honest.
              Hi.

Discord: TurtlePirate#7906
              Instagram: @pirategrowtopia

Comment

bumping this up up up!

Comment

Originally posted by nemoguy29 View Post
                  The ability to change your forums username should be enabled

The ability to change your forums username should be enabled as it would provide a great feature for players such as myself that made a huge mistake upon registering.

If you dislike your username and you changed it in game, it would be nice to be able to change it on the forums as well. For example, my in game name was "Nemoguy29" previously in game, and as I grew up I disliked the name and I changed it to "JellyPies". I would rather be referenced by my new name and decrease confusion when posting on the forums by changing my forums name to match my in game name.

There's not a good reason to not enable it. Some may argue stating people can try to change their name when they do something bad to avoid punishment, however VBulletin logs name changes to accounts, and reports will still stick the the account even after name change. Like if I were to break a forums rule, and change my name, it would still be traced back to my account if a player made a report about me.

Some may argue that changing your name to often should be disallowed as it can be "abusive" to the system. In the case that a user can frequently change to name to "abuse" the system, the forums software also allows you to set max amount of times you can change your name, and a cooldown.
                  Ah every 180 days or so it takes so much work to change passwords
                  Youtube:Lightvolts
                  IGN:Lightvolts
                  level:84

mods fix giphy pls ^ i sad

and when upload it, no work

[i miss old image gif
                  bring back] I need them

Comment

+1 maybe 30 days or maybe 60 days.

Comment

True, the person who has this ign is kinda.. Hehe yea lemme forum name change pls
                      Give a man a wl, and he will learn to rely on you.
                      Teach a man to make wls and you'll set him up for success.
                      IGN:Tellicant Main:U9

Comment

Originally posted by GrowStone View Post
                        +1.
                        Maybe once every 30 days
                        I say every 90 days
                        ACCOUNT: GodApollyon
                        Hello there.

Comment

i don't see why not

真の幸福を達成.

Comment

Bump bump and bump!

Comment

Bumping and thumping!

Comment

Working...
                              X