No announcement yet.

Day/Night in Growtopia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just make it based off the end user's time.
    Let him pick a timezone when he logs in and voilà

Comment

I'd love to see that in-game!
      Hi.

Discord: TurtlePirate#7906
      Instagram: @pirategrowtopia

Comment

I see how this could be implemented: Weather Machine - Day Cycle.
        It works like the epoch machine, choose the one u want, or set how long each set stays on for.

Day, Evening, Night settings. (maybe looking different as to not make Weather Machine - Night useless, even tho their new "weather machine, NiGhT wItH lInES" is kinda dumb
        IGN: Emblazon

Joined Growtopia: July 25th, 2014
        Main World: EMBLAZON
        Level: 54

Comment

This would definitely give more use for the sunny weather machine.
          [Tryhards] - Guild Level 6

Click for bad videos...

IGN: IHasName

Comment

I really hope they accept this I mean It's got some positive responses Honestly It should be made with a Sunny, Night, And transmog
            Cause If it were to replace sunny I bet some peps will not like a change

Comment

Originally posted by Emblazon View Post
              I see how this could be implemented: Weather Machine - Day Cycle.
              It works like the epoch machine, choose the one u want, or set how long each set stays on for.

Day, Evening, Night settings. (maybe looking different as to not make Weather Machine - Night useless, even tho their new "weather machine, NiGhT wItH lInES" is kinda dumb
              Yeah I would have liked it to replace the actual default sunny weather so the game would look more alive, but I can see how this would be a simpler and better idea.
              Only trust people with what you're willing to lose.

Stay safe, don't get scammed, and have a good day!

Comment

What if the day/night cycle rolled every hour, with 30 minutes of day, 30 minutes of night? Then you can use weather machines to set a static background, rather than keeping the dynamic one. I'll admit that having the day/night cycle rolling so often would make farming feel much better, hehehe.
                Canadian Community Manager

Dream big! The future is yours!!!

Link to my official IG

Comment

Originally posted by Odric View Post
                  What if the day/night cycle rolled every hour, with 30 minutes of day, 30 minutes of night? Then you can use weather machines to set a static background, rather than keeping the dynamic one. I'll admit that having the day/night cycle rolling so often would make farming feel much better, hehehe.
                  It’ll remind you that you’re a no-life who farms for multiple “Growtopia days” straight
                  Sup
                  IGN: Rovie
                  Discord: rovvvie#4588

pfp by topazi

Comment

A specific weather machine for this would work nicely.
                    Cheap Stuff in THANOS

I'm a Solo Gamer Playing an Multiplayer Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3TrxpfE6A

Comment

Originally posted by Odric View Post
                      Yeah, that sounds good even though I think one cycle per hour seems a bit too fast. Maybe one cycle per 1 hour and 30 mins? So 45 minutes of day followed by 45 minutes of night. Let's also not forget the dawn and dusk transitions, as those will really make the background stand out. So let's say the last 5 to 10 minutes before the day ends, the colour of the skies would slowly get an orange tint that will continue to fade before turning completely dark as the moon rises.
                      Only trust people with what you're willing to lose.

Stay safe, don't get scammed, and have a good day!

Comment

Free bump !
                        Originally posted by Jedaki;n6926758
                        suddenly when a youtuber gets hacked/scammed, the logs magically appear

Comment

A day/night machine that works according to GT time would be SUPERB.
                          ~Chemmie
                          Discord: Chemmie #7714

Comment

Originally posted by Wipou View Post
                            Yeah, that sounds good even though I think one cycle per hour seems a bit too fast. Maybe one cycle per 1 hour and 30 mins? So 45 minutes of day followed by 45 minutes of night. Let's also not forget the dawn and dusk transitions, as those will really make the background stand out. So let's say the last 5 to 10 minutes before the day ends, the colour of the skies would slowly get an orange tint that will continue to fade before turning completely dark as the moon rises.
                            Minecraft's day is 20 minutes long.
                            Otherwise, +1 to OP!
                            If the day/night cycle would be affected by GT time, I'd be playing at night all the time, due to me living in the EU vs the GT time based off the US time.

Comment

Working...
                            X