• Anton0202
    replied
    Bumping...

Leave a comment:

• Anton0202
    replied
    Originally posted by Malware View Post
    I liked the beginning part.

Growtopia doesn't even allow more than 20 Steam Stompers in a world or 10 cybots or even a certain amount of Howler shots. The mechanisms you described in the later parts overall are gonna be hard to add.

The last part("Others") not regarding WOTD things also seem very hard to do or just not allowed. For example, the "Make your own block" idea. That would clash with the Subscription Winner's prize. If you own a subscription, you can make your own clothing OR block item. Many people forget blocks can be made...in fact...no one did it yet but that still doesn't mean making your own block should be allowed just cause no subscription winner made their own block yet.
    The idea about making your own block was really vague for me too, didn’t know if I believed in it myself. Happy you seems to like most of the others though.

Leave a comment:

• Malware
    replied
    I liked the beginning part.

Growtopia doesn't even allow more than 20 Steam Stompers in a world or 10 cybots or even a certain amount of Howler shots. The mechanisms you described in the later parts overall are gonna be hard to add.

The last part("Others") not regarding WOTD things also seem very hard to do or just not allowed. For example, the "Make your own block" idea. That would clash with the Subscription Winner's prize. If you own a subscription, you can make your own clothing OR block item. Many people forget blocks can be made...in fact...no one did it yet but that still doesn't mean making your own block should be allowed just cause no subscription winner made their own block yet.

Leave a comment:

• Anton0202
    replied
    Bumping...

Leave a comment:

• Anton0202
    replied
    Bumping...

Leave a comment:

• Anton0202
    replied
    Bumping...................

Leave a comment:

• Anton0202
    replied
    Bumping...

Leave a comment:

• Anton0202
    replied
    Pls give this thread some more attention Would be great if some mod/dev replied to this thread aswell!

Leave a comment:

• Jedaki
    replied
    could possibly save growtopia from dying :3

+1

Leave a comment:

• BoxeyBoy
    replied
    I'm just gonna leave this +1 here.

Leave a comment:

• Anton0202
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Anton0202
    replied
    Bumping again...

Leave a comment:

• Anton0202
    replied
    Happy everyone seems to like the ideas. Please leave comments with thoughts or your own ideas. Bump!

Leave a comment:

• Caine
    replied
    Sounds epic. Love to see this be implement

Leave a comment:

• Anton0202
    replied
    Originally posted by Techy View Post
    I made this thread a while back with a large list of specific features and blocks that could be added to make worlds more interactive and adventurous. Giving the owner control over certain features and blocks would help fluidity in the world too.

More basic ground blocks are much needed. Blocks like topless dirt, mud, different coloured grass ontop of dirt blocks, a black/greyish dirt/sand block, and others. Right now we have a lot of earthy and green blocks that work well together, but some blocks like mars sand and sand don't have many blocks to combine with.

Blocks also need to fit in with other blocks. A lot of the newer blocks such as lava fall, ruined bricks, frozen cliff, etc. don't fit in with similar blocks. Lava falls are a different tone and colour to normal lava and ruined bricks are a completely new variation of bricks. These blocks they make are amazing but they need to fit into the bigger picture.

More paint is unlikely. I believe it has to do with how it was hardcoded in and that there were only 6 available spaces for paint. From what I remember, it uses RGB and has two slots. Red paint would be 2x red, green would be 2x green, purple paint would be 1x blue and 1x red, aqua would be 1x green and 1x blue - you get the idea. It's why blue, green and red are so saturated.

The prices for paint and block glue are fine. They can't really change the prices of paint since that would affect the economy and desire for them to be mass-produced in the first place (if it becomes too cheap to make, then people won't bother making it). It's rather a rarity to see 1,000 paint used in a single world...
    Block Glue can be made for around 6-8/wl since you can get mystery chemicals 3-4/wl. That's a well decent price and you really only need from 100-300 glue per world (unless it is centred around glueing, which again, is a rarity).

Your ideas are great though. I'd love to see more playability in worlds - we currently have a large array of parkour aspects, but more adventure items and puzzle making tools would be superb.
    Happy you like the ideas, and I still do believe that glue should be cheaper. Paint was a bit on the go. I put a link to your thread on the bottom of my as it seemed great

Leave a comment:

Working...
X