stop thingamabob dumping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by austinlame View Post
    Still don't see a reason why the drop chance of thingamabobs should be nerfed...
    did you even read a single post of this thread?

Comment

meanwhile im still here doing surgeries for 4 years without any bob
      sigpic

Visit My Crime/Bait Shop
      INK

Comment

Originally posted by DeLixx View Post
        So? Buying surg packs does not entitle you to anything.
        Also no, people that grind trainees say that they're tool neutral. They basically get all tools back and even profit due to role bonus drops.

12.600 Surgeries for bob.
        7/wl for trainees.
        12.600wl / 7wl = 1800wl.

Grinding a bob using trainees will cost you only up to 20dl with the likelyhood of them actually being profitable even without the caducei.
        Should an item that was worth 150dl a few months ago drop to 20dls because of an exploit? Obviously not!
        if u care to think about it, then there's must be a reason behind the increment of geiger and surgery's prize, or u just simply dont care?

and also before i was quitted which was 1-2 years ago however, the price of bob was ranged from 80-120dls iirc and definitely NOT 150 dls, so how come in "few months" ago it was in that number

=IGN : Crausse=
        Instagram : @Crausse_GT
        Discord : Crausse#5464

Comment

did you even read a single post of this thread?
          You said it should be nerfed because the price is dropping due to increased amounts of surgeries. That isn't a reason to nerf it... that's how economics works.. It's not their job to keep prices of items stabilized, its their job to maintain a working game. In a normal economy, prices for certain things go up and down depending on new factors... that's normal...
          Current IGN: 28261838

Bait shop at 6555 (:

Comment

You said it should be nerfed because the price is dropping due to increased amounts of surgeries. That isn't a reason to nerf it... that's how economics works.. It's not their job to keep prices of items stabilized, its their job to maintain a working game. In a normal economy, prices for certain things go up and down depending on new factors... that's normal...
            I completely agree with this statement.

Now an answer to the poster of this thread:

If you get the thingamabob by buying it with caducei it'll still cost you more than the actual thing anyways.
            If you count surg-e prices + the tools needed for the surgeries, the total amount of DLs used will be more than 150 and that is by no way profit since the bob is around 60-70 DLs right now if I'm not mistaken. And even if you got lucky and got the bob early on it still doesn't really matter because you got profit and you can use those DLs to get more profit like buying magplants and a rayman fist for BFGs alongside with some farmables. Besides, surgery wasn't made for players to profit from it, it was made to show your skills off by getting the Mercy wings and the Dr. title and get some other cool items along the way.

So long story short.

If you get the bob early you profit and everyone's happy.
            If you get the bob late or with the caducei you don't profit but you get some of the DLs you spent on surgery back.

There is no need to nerf it's drop rate or raise it's caducei prize or remove it from the salesman or remove the feature where surg-es drop caducei, they were made for the sole purpose that people don't have to get other players in to their world just to do surgeries since you can have more Surg-es in a world than regular players. No matter how much you nerf it, people will still get it and it's price will drop eventually no matter what.
            sigpic

IGN: EpicGamer27
            Level: 78/125

This site saves lives when it comes to trading. Check it out!
            https://growstocks.xyz/

Comment

My suggestion and main argument can be found in the first post.
              There I say, that doing surgeries through trainees results in thimbamabobs being dumped massively.
              And to counter that, doing surgeries with trainees should not give caducei.
              No drop rate change, no nothing.
              Also, yes, it is very much the devs job to try and keep the market as stable and fair as possible.

Comment

welcome to growtopia your opinions are invalid
                I like my world locks like I like my plural nouns.
                Plural
                IGN : SimpForJesus

Comment

Originally posted by Superparty View Post
                  I completely agree with this statement.

Now an answer to the poster of this thread:

If you get the thingamabob by buying it with caducei it'll still cost you more than the actual thing anyways.
                  If you count surg-e prices + the tools needed for the surgeries, the total amount of DLs used will be more than 150 and that is by no way profit since the bob is around 60-70 DLs right now if I'm not mistaken. And even if you got lucky and got the bob early on it still doesn't really matter because you got profit and you can use those DLs to get more profit like buying magplants and a rayman fist for BFGs alongside with some farmables. Besides, surgery wasn't made for players to profit from it, it was made to show your skills off by getting the Mercy wings and the Dr. title and get some other cool items along the way.

So long story short.

If you get the bob early you profit and everyone's happy.
                  If you get the bob late or with the caducei you don't profit but you get some of the DLs you spent on surgery back.

There is no need to nerf it's drop rate or raise it's caducei prize or remove it from the salesman. No matter how much you nerf it, people will still get it and it's price will drop eventually no matter what.

Ok, I give up.
                  We're at the second page and so far it's been 100% shitposts of people not reading the thread.

Comment

Ok, I give up.
                    We're at the second page and so far it's been 100% shitposts of people not reading the thread.
                    how can u say all these are shitposts, all you've pointed out just that getting bob is totally free, buying pack and tools isn't dls consuming

im pretty sure the people in this thread are all having a friend or even experienced the whole surgery things themselves

mate everyone arent as rich as you, who could buy bobs as much as u want anywhere anytime.
                    =IGN : Crausse=
                    Instagram : @Crausse_GT
                    Discord : Crausse#5464

Comment

Ok, I give up.
                      I have read the thread and I have told you the answer for it: "Don't disable caducei drops from Surg-es" and I provided you with the reason why and as far as I remember Train-es aren't supposed to give rare prizes.

If you're that money and powerhungry I can't help you but the state of the thingamabob will probably stay as it is.

Now my suggestion for you is to get another way to get profit since surgery is clearly not made for it. And besides why are you so obsessed with thingamabobs being dropped so much? There are clearly more ways to profit if that is your intention in the first place of course.

Also, it would be helpful if you point out the flaws in a post and not just insult it because you don't agree with it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuu Kaname View Post
                        how can u say all these are shitposts, all you've pointed out just that getting bob is totally free, buying pack and tools isn't dls consuming

im pretty sure the people in this thread are all having a friend or even experienced the whole surgery things themselves

mate everyone arent as rich as you, who could buy bobs as much as u want anywhere anytime.
                        I mean fair enough, maybe my opinion would differ if I wasnt close to having two legendaries.
                        This sociological evaluation does not devaluate my other arguments though.
                        As for the shitposts, here's an example: Imagine someone skim reads your posts and starts argumenting using the straw man fallacy, then someone else who also didn't read your posts quotes the straw man as a reply to something you supposedly said, while others straight up ignore what you said.

Comment

I have read the thread and I have told you the answer for it: "Don't disable caducei drops from Surg-es" and I provided you with the reason why and as far as I remember Train-es aren't supposed to give rare prizes.

If you're that money and powerhungry I can't help you but the state of the thingamabob will probably stay as it is.

Now my suggestion for you is to get another way to get profit since surgery is clearly not made for it. And besides why are you so obsessed with thingamabobs being dropped so much? There are clearly more ways to profit if that is your intention in the first place of course.

Also, it would be helpful if you point out the flaws in a post and not just insult it because you don't agree with it.
                          Your first post states, that it's an answer to the op of this thread - me.
                          But where do I mention "nerf it's drop rate", "raise it's caducei prize" (did you mean price?), "remove it from the salesman", or "remove the feature where surg-es drop caducei"?
                          As for the last one, I mean "Train-E"s (I've been refering to those as "trainees", since "train-es" sounds aweful), not "Surg-E"s should stop rewarding caducei.

The "long version" also refers to surg-es as basis (not train-es) and austinlame (not me) and ignores the estimation I did a few posts earlier.
                          Basically out of context

Comment

Your first post states, that it's an answer to the op of this thread - me.
                            But where do I mention "nerf it's drop rate", "raise it's caducei prize" (did you mean price?), "remove it from the salesman", or "remove the feature where surg-es drop caducei"?
                            As for the last one, I mean "Train-E"s (I've been refering to those as "trainees", since "train-es" sounds aweful), not "Surg-E"s should stop rewarding caducei.

The "long version" also refers to surg-es as basis (not train-es) and austinlame (not me) and ignores the estimation I did a few posts earlier.
                            Basically out of context
                            If you did state Trainees I apologise since I sometimes get dislexia and it seems I read Surg-Es instead.

And by the caducei thing, I just figured you mean it by the posts you made but it seems I was wrong so I'm sorry if you feel attacked for it.

And as for the post, I'm still for the fact that any surgery gives a caduceus since it's a reward for a successful one anyways. So even if a train-e doesn't give rare prizes it should still give caducei because the player has spent WLs and DLs on tools for it anyways.
                            sigpic

Comment

If you did state Trainees I apologise since I sometimes get dislexia and it seems I read Surg-Es instead.

And by the caducei thing, I just figured you mean it by the posts you made but it seems I was wrong so I'm sorry if you feel attacked for it.

And as for the post, I'm still for the fact that any surgery gives a caduceus since it's a reward for a successful one anyways. So even if a train-e doesn't give rare prizes it should still give caducei because the player has spent WLs and DLs on tools for it anyways.
                              Problem is, applying surgery on train-es mainly gives you tools and some might even break out with profit just because they are rewarded with tools, not to mention how they get a ton of role drops basically making every caduceus you get priceless. You can basically get 12600 caduceus by buying tools and train-es then selling role drops, and eventually you get a thingamabob for free. I believe that's what the OP means.

To OP, I get where you are coming from, but 12600 surgeries for a skilled surgeon is 28-30 hours of grinding, not to mention the time you need to buy train-es, buy tools and sell role drops. I kind of agree with you, but it is still a 35 hour grind just to get a thingamabob. Maybe make it so train-es don't drop caducei since they are for training purposes only (I think you mentioned this already), or just make it so players with a surgeon skill above 20 unable to perform surgeries on them (but then demand would go down sharply).
                              "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

Comment

1 surgery on a train-e is around 1Wl, so 12000 surgeries is still 120 dls..

Comment

Working...
                                X