WOTD Tokens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOTD Tokens

For the past few years, world of the days haven't been appreciated as much as they used to be. I have won a few WOTD's in the past, and back then the world would get COMPLETELY full and usually get #1 honors. Although now, WOTD's hardly get any attention. Most likely because the majority of players prefer to spend their time farming/profiting to try and get rich instead.

I think a way to fix this would be to add a new type of currency in the game, "WOTD tokens" which players would receive for completing a WOTD. There would be a "WOTD Stone" which would work like a blarney stone, and a staff member would have to place it at the end of the WOTD parkour, or hidden around the world depending on the world type. Players will get the WOTD token from touching the WOTD Stone. A player would only be able to collect 1 WOTD token per day, and there could be a section in the store, called "WOTD Store" where players can spend their tokens on exclusive untradeable items.

The WOTD tokens and the items bought from the WOTD store would have to be untradeable since hackers would sadly be able to complete the parkours.

Also, a player who wins world of the day should receive an untradeable clothing item, which would persuade more people to participate in building WOTD worthy worlds.
    Yes!
    92.00%
    No. (Please explain why)
    8.00%

WOTD owners can sell easy access to the WOTD Stone.
    IGN: CandleJack

Comment

Originally posted by Veteran View Post
      For the past few years, world of the days haven't been appreciated as much as they used to be. I have won a few WOTD's in the past, and back then the world would get COMPLETELY full and usually get #1 honors. Although now, WOTD's hardly get any attention. Most likely because the majority of players prefer to spend their time farming/profiting to try and get rich instead.

I think a way to fix this would be to add a new type of currency in the game, "WOTD tokens" which players would receive for completing a WOTD. There would be a "WOTD Stone" which would work like a blarney stone, and a staff member would have to place it at the end of the WOTD parkour, or hidden around the world depending on the world type. Players will get the WOTD token from touching the WOTD Stone. A player would only be able to collect 1 WOTD token per day, and there could be a section in the store, called "WOTD Store" where players can spend their tokens on exclusive untradeable items.

The WOTD tokens and the items bought from the WOTD store would have to be untradeable since hackers would sadly be able to complete the parkours.

Also, a player who wins world of the day should receive an untradeable clothing item, which would persuade more people to participate in building WOTD worthy worlds.

A few flaws, hackers, alternate accounts, crashing the economy, the end.
      I, Growonos Giovanna, have a dream.
      Dreams:

Comment

Now many people making wotd just for profit eh
        Ign: RimUwU

Good song
        https://youtu.be/SpsWFfPzSY4

Comment

Originally posted by GrowSans View Post
          A few flaws, hackers, alternate accounts, crashing the economy, the end.
          The prizes will be untradeable. How would this crash the economy?
          Originally posted by Rimuoi View Post
          Now many people making wotd just for profit eh
          The WOTD winner would receive an UNTRADEABLE clothing item which cannot be sold. This will only motivate more people to build better WOTD's so they can get the exclusive untradeable item.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by CandleJack View Post
          WOTD owners can sell easy access to the WOTD Stone.
          People who win WOTD could also place vending machines or sell links in order to gain profit.

Players abusing their WOTD for profit should get disqualified.

Comment

Bump!

Bump

Comment

Please add this. it would be a nice feature to keep wotds alive.

Comment

Cool idea. I don't really see how untradeables can go wrong. It's just extra work for moderators.

Comment

not all wotds are parkours tho?

Comment

Originally posted by Kranken View Post
                    99% of them are.

░▒▓███████▓▒░
                    ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
                    ░▒▓███████▓▒░
                    ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
                    https://youtu.be/wJZjZyuHJFY

Comment

Originally posted by Kranken View Post
                      If they aren't parkours, they could still be hidden somewhere around the world.

Comment

Lets add more stuff where parkour noobs can be left out. Yes, lets already change Growtopia name to Parkourtopia so ppl like me know that they need stay as away from that game as possible. Yes, i admit, i hate parkour. I really hate it.
                        Level: 125
                        Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
                        My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
                        Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
                        Instagram: QueenChloeGT
                        How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
                          Lets add more stuff where parkour noobs can be left out. Yes, lets already change Growtopia name to Parkourtopia so ppl like me know that they need stay as away from that game as possible. Yes, i admit, i hate parkour. I really hate it.
                          This is an update that ANYONE can participate in... No world locks are required for somebody to attempt to complete a WOTD. Most of the WOTD world's are very easy to complete in my opinion, so I don't see how noobs would left out.

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
                            aren't you like a parent

why are you acting like parkour is such a big deal to you

to be it just seems a bit childish but idk maybe parkour really hurt you or smth

Comment

I’ve thought of some reward system before aswell, and this could definitely work. Perhaps you would use them by calling the salesman just like how you use caduceis.

They should also just change to World of two/three or more days. You just don’t want to play most of the worlds as most are effortless without much intention.
                              I would definitely start playing 2-3 QUALITY worlds per week, especially if I got a small bonus prize.

I also think that around 5-10 tokens would be exchangable for a Growtoken, which is another nice bonus source of them.
                              Another great thing about this ^^^ is that tokens as of now are only earned by either paying big amounts of world locks, or by grinding in some way. Playing some GOOD worlds 2-3 times a week would be an enjoyable way to earn these tokens instead of constantly working for them.

Just make this happend
                              Hey, I'm Anton0202!
                              I’m just a guy who loves to build worlds!
                              16 WOTDs and counting...
                              Creator of the Swedish Start world.

Comment

Working...
                              X