Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions to make Growtopia more enjoyable from a long time player

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Suggestions to make Growtopia more enjoyable from a long time player

    I have played Growtopia for 7 years, and it has become so much worse, and I honestly don't like playing it. I have a few suggestions for in game features that would make the game so much better, my aim is to reduce scams/casinos/spammers and other annoyances that make people dislike the game...

    Casinos:
    This one is very contraversial, but they are illegal so even if these fixed are implemented the only people we would be losing are people that played these anyway...
    Roullette wheels have no use other than giving a random number. There is no point in having them actually say a number, however implementing a ball that spins around on it and will stop at red or black, always alternating to get rid of random chance, would make it still useable for decoration. Dice blocks are also random but they are better being how they are, since they are used for more good than bad. The last implementation that I believe should be added is actually to the world creation system. Making HTW, CSN, QQ, etc illegal names for worlds (sends you to disneyworld) would make finding casinos harder to begin with.

    Spammers:
    Constant advertisement of other worlds/casinos is incredibly annoying, especially to world owners, and the current spam detection is faulty to say the least.
    I feel even if a spam detection system is more annoying to non spammers, if it stops spamming then it is for a good cause. My first suggestion is the captchas that appear on lower level accounts every few minutes appearing on all accounts. Most spammers are afk bots, and this would remove all possibility of botting, though it would be extremely annoying. I also believe that you shouldn't be able to say something too similiar to your past two messages, to prevent people that enter your world after you broadcast from spamming their own world.

    The drop system:
    This one will be a bit more controversial, but hear me out. In the current state, anyone can drop almost anywhere, and (especially for younger players) players may be convinced to drop their hard earned items. This fix definitely won't end all scams, but it will at least fix drop games, even if the mini-mod becomes near useless. The solution, make it impossible to drop in worlds locked by anyone either than yourself unless you have access there. Worlds not locked with a world lock will obviously not be considered drop proof.

    Other potential changes:
    These changes are more to fix annoyances than to stop the illegal issues shown above.
    Royal Lock: Change the "Silence Peasants" feature to a "Peasants shall not speak out of line" feature, which puts a time limit for between messages, which sort of helps with spam.
    Legendary Dragon: Make the dragon no longer cageable, any currently caged dragons will slowly rise in value and current dragon owners can't cage theirs.
    Server resets: Every 12 hours, have the server automatically reset, announcing to everyone 10 minutes prior. This is to help prevent server crashes and make the game actually playable.
    Vending Machines: In the interface, instead of how much of an item you want to purchase, it should be how many wls you want to spend. This way, you don't accidentally buy too much nor do you pay for something the owner tried convincing you was cheaper, or if they do then they take less from you.
    DigiVend: When purchasing, you are able to open a list of the most recent previous purchases around the world, that way you can see who bought what and for how much
    Inactive Players: After 420 days (obviously not the exact number, can be changed to be more fair) of inactivity, an account will be deleted, making world locks they placed be disentegratable, and their username available.

    If you have any questions/suggestions to add to the list, or want to share your opinion on an individual suggestion, please post below!

  • #2
    my opinion on your suggestions

    Originally posted by Picklekings View Post
    I have played Growtopia for 7 years, and it has become so much worse, and I honestly don't like playing it. I have a few suggestions for in game features that would make the game so much better, my aim is to reduce scams/casinos/spammers and other annoyances that make people dislike the game...

    Casinos:
    This one is very contraversial, but they are illegal so even if these fixed are implemented the only people we would be losing are people that played these anyway...
    Roullette wheels have no use other than giving a random number. There is no point in having them actually say a number, however implementing a ball that spins around on it and will stop at red or black, always alternating to get rid of random chance, would make it still useable for decoration. Dice blocks are also random but they are better being how they are, since they are used for more good than bad. The last implementation that I believe should be added is actually to the world creation system. Making HTW, CSN, QQ, etc illegal names for worlds (sends you to disneyworld) would make finding casinos harder to begin with.

    Spammers:
    Constant advertisement of other worlds/casinos is incredibly annoying, especially to world owners, and the current spam detection is faulty to say the least.
    I feel even if a spam detection system is more annoying to non spammers, if it stops spamming then it is for a good cause. My first suggestion is the captchas that appear on No-ID accounts every few minutes. Most spammers are afk bots, and this would remove all possibility of botting, though it would be extremely annoying. I also believe that you shouldn't be able to say something too similiar to your past two messages, to prevent people that enter your world after you broadcast from spamming their own world.

    The drop system:
    This one will be a bit more controversial, but hear me out. In the current state, anyone can drop almost anywhere, and (especially for younger players) players may be convinced to drop their hard earned items. This fix definitely won't end all scams, but it will at least fix drop games, even if the mini-mod becomes near useless. The solution, make it impossible to drop in worlds locked by anyone either than yourself unless you have access there. Worlds not locked with a world lock will obviously not be considered drop proof.

    Other potential changes:
    These changes are more to fix annoyances than to stop the illegal issues shown above.
    Royal Lock: Change the "Silence Peasants" feature to a "Peasants shall not speak out of line" feature, which puts a time limit for between messages, which sort of helps with spam.
    Legendary Dragon: Make the dragon no longer cageable, any currently caged dragons will slowly rise in value and current dragon owners can't cage theirs.
    Server resets: Every 12 hours, have the server automatically reset, announcing to everyone 10 minutes prior. This is to help prevent server crashes and make the game actually playable.
    Vending Machines: In the interface, instead of how much of an item you want to purchase, it should be how many wls you want to spend. This way, you don't accidentally buy too much nor do you pay for something the owner tried convincing you was cheaper, or if they do then they take less from you.
    DigiVend: When purchasing, you are able to open a list of the most recent previous purchases around the world, that way you can see who bought what and for how much
    Inactive Players: After 420 days (obviously not the exact number, can be changed to be more fair) of inactivity, an account will be deleted, making world locks they placed be disentegratable, and their username available.

    If you have any questions/suggestions to add to the list, or want to share your opinion on an individual suggestion, please post below!
    Casinos: They'll just start using Dirt Seeds. You can't make "HTW" and "CSN" illegal world names as "HTW" is an abbreviation for High Tech Wall while "CSN" is an abbreviation for Crystal Shard Necklace.

    Spammers: We already have an annoying human verification test (example: 9 + 10 = ?) for accounts which are below Level 20 (except that most spam bots are above level 20). And believe it or not, most bots, whether autofarming or spamming bots, aren't afk bots.

    Drop system: Display Blocks would be useless in terms of being an alternative to the Donation Box, and drop game hosts would just use non-world-locked worlds.

    Royal Lock: Acceptable.
    Legendary Dragon: Yes but Caged Legendary Dragon should be untradable too if possible.
    Server resets: Players (especially the younger ones who are easy to be influenced) would just believe that server resets is Ubisoft's way of covering up server crashes. Would be quite annoying too.
    Vending Machine: Very good idea.
    DigiVend: idk.
    Inactive Players: Maybe only implement this on suspended players?
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

    hi do u like maths
    www.coolmathgames.com
    www.mathsisfun.com

    Come Join Secret Santa 2019! (plz join it's free real estate)
    sigpic
    ^ keeping this here to make my signature look less boring

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by NotSeedTopian View Post
      Casinos: They'll just start using Dirt Seeds. You can't make "HTW" and "CSN" illegal world names as "HTW" is an abbreviation for High Tech Wall while "CSN" is an abbreviation for Crystal Shard Necklace.

      Spammers: We already have an annoying human verification test (example: 9 + 10 = ?) for accounts which are below Level 20 (except that most spam bots are above level 20). And believe it or not, most bots, whether autofarming or spamming bots, aren't afk bots.

      Drop system: Display Blocks would be useless in terms of being an alternative to the Donation Box, and drop game hosts would just use non-world-locked worlds.

      Royal Lock: Acceptable.
      There is no way to stop 100% of casinos, but the blackjack/dirt casinos arent as bad as the regular ones, and there are far more of the others anyway. Removing one aspect of it will still hurt the market.

      Perhaps you shouldn't ban the names, however moderators should prioritize visiting worlds with these in their names.

      The annoying human verification system should still apply to all levels, since all levels can spam, and even if they are mostly not bots it removes the small percentage that is.

      For the drop system, there is no need to allow dropping in worlds you don't own or have access to, so even if it disallows worlds without locks, the drop game amount would be reduced.

      The server resets wouldn't be believed to be covered crashes IF the 10 minute warning before resets appeared. Plus we would get the amazing 1 minute to reset music more often

      All of your arguments are fair though, and I appreciate your input

      Comment


      • #4
        Bumping for more input...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Picklekings View Post
          I have played Growtopia for 7 years, and it has become so much worse, and I honestly don't like playing it. I have a few suggestions for in game features that would make the game so much better, my aim is to reduce scams/casinos/spammers and other annoyances that make people dislike the game...

          Casinos:
          This one is very contraversial, but they are illegal so even if these fixed are implemented the only people we would be losing are people that played these anyway...
          Roullette wheels have no use other than giving a random number. There is no point in having them actually say a number, however implementing a ball that spins around on it and will stop at red or black, always alternating to get rid of random chance, would make it still useable for decoration. Dice blocks are also random but they are better being how they are, since they are used for more good than bad. The last implementation that I believe should be added is actually to the world creation system. Making HTW, CSN, QQ, etc illegal names for worlds (sends you to disneyworld) would make finding casinos harder to begin with.

          Spammers:
          Constant advertisement of other worlds/casinos is incredibly annoying, especially to world owners, and the current spam detection is faulty to say the least.
          I feel even if a spam detection system is more annoying to non spammers, if it stops spamming then it is for a good cause. My first suggestion is the captchas that appear on lower level accounts every few minutes appearing on all accounts. Most spammers are afk bots, and this would remove all possibility of botting, though it would be extremely annoying. I also believe that you shouldn't be able to say something too similiar to your past two messages, to prevent people that enter your world after you broadcast from spamming their own world.

          The drop system:
          This one will be a bit more controversial, but hear me out. In the current state, anyone can drop almost anywhere, and (especially for younger players) players may be convinced to drop their hard earned items. This fix definitely won't end all scams, but it will at least fix drop games, even if the mini-mod becomes near useless. The solution, make it impossible to drop in worlds locked by anyone either than yourself unless you have access there. Worlds not locked with a world lock will obviously not be considered drop proof.

          Other potential changes:
          These changes are more to fix annoyances than to stop the illegal issues shown above.
          Royal Lock: Change the "Silence Peasants" feature to a "Peasants shall not speak out of line" feature, which puts a time limit for between messages, which sort of helps with spam.
          Legendary Dragon: Make the dragon no longer cageable, any currently caged dragons will slowly rise in value and current dragon owners can't cage theirs.
          Server resets: Every 12 hours, have the server automatically reset, announcing to everyone 10 minutes prior. This is to help prevent server crashes and make the game actually playable.
          Vending Machines: In the interface, instead of how much of an item you want to purchase, it should be how many wls you want to spend. This way, you don't accidentally buy too much nor do you pay for something the owner tried convincing you was cheaper, or if they do then they take less from you.
          DigiVend: When purchasing, you are able to open a list of the most recent previous purchases around the world, that way you can see who bought what and for how much
          Inactive Players: After 420 days (obviously not the exact number, can be changed to be more fair) of inactivity, an account will be deleted, making world locks they placed be disentegratable, and their username available.

          If you have any questions/suggestions to add to the list, or want to share your opinion on an individual suggestion, please post below!
          yea so firstly,any RNG can be gambled.and the illegal names wont work,imagine creating a new world and getting sent to disneyworld becuz there are these letters in ur world name

          display boxes are used for donations sometimes u know,imagine wanting to donate but u cant drop,and there is no donation box

          for the vend part though,i agree that it should be how many wls u want to spend,sometimes doing the math is annoying

          the inactive one is bad,there are some ppl that quit and come back after months or years just to check things out and get free profit,and do u know that they actually remove ppl s world lock if they and their admins are inactive for 365 days?so there is no reason for this...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HollyT View Post
            yea so firstly,any RNG can be gambled.and the illegal names wont work,imagine creating a new world and getting sent to disneyworld becuz there are these letters in ur world name

            display boxes are used for donations sometimes u know,imagine wanting to donate but u cant drop,and there is no donation box

            for the vend part though,i agree that it should be how many wls u want to spend,sometimes doing the math is annoying

            the inactive one is bad,there are some ppl that quit and come back after months or years just to check things out and get free profit,and do u know that they actually remove ppl s world lock if they and their admins are inactive for 365 days?so there is no reason for this...
            I actually agree on not being able to make all worlds that contain those 3 letters illegal, but maybe put them all on a list to be checked by a mod at some point? (I know /report but shhh)

            Display Boxes first use was meant to be for shops, not for donations. The drop feature definitely isn't needed, so I feel making it allowed only in worlds you own/are an admin in could help with the issue.

            For the inactive one, I definitely didnt think that one through... Maybe for suspended players like was said above?

            Comment


            • #7

              Comment


              • #8

                Comment


                • #9
                  royal lock: annoying as the peasant but
                  only acceptable if you own the world
                  two viewpoints
                  Youtube:Lightvolts
                  IGN:Lightvolts
                  level:84



                  mods fix giphy pls ^ i sad

                  and when upload it, no work

                  [i miss old image gif
                  bring back] I need them

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X