Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Item Locking Feature

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    bro +1 for the idea and i have another idea for the lock button

    replace the store button (that nobody uses) with the lock button !!!

    Comment


    • #17
      +1

      +1
      So good idea I liked it

      Comment


      • #18
        This could theoretically be replaced by superuser mode, a special mode where you can make certain items require sudo access to remove from the inventory (Like this Item Lock). It would also prevent you from removing your locks, spending gems and buying gems with real money

        - - - Updated - - -

        This superuser mode should pop up a box when clicked, asking you to insert your password when you use the item.

        Here I've modified interface/rules.txt to create the following preview dialogs (thus the lack of an item icon):
        https://imgur.com/I11w4m6 (Superuser Mode Dialog)

        Code:
        set_default_color|`o
        add_label_with_icon|big|`wSuperuser Mode``|left|242|
        add_spacer|small|
        add_textbox|Please insert your sudo password if you want to remove `wCrystal Block`` from your inventory.|left|
        add_text_input_password|password|Password||15|
        end_dialog|sudo_mode|Cancel|`5Check!``|
        https://imgur.com/nff431k (Set superuser password)
        Code:
        set_default_color|`o
        add_label_with_icon|big|`wLock `5Crystal Block````|left|242|
        add_spacer|small|
        add_textbox|In order to lock `wCrystal Block``, you will need to set a `5Superuser Mode`` password.|left|
        add_text_input_password|password|Password||15|
        end_dialog|sudo_create|Cancel|`5Set My Password``|
        After an item is locked, there will be a box showing up saying "Successfully locked `5Crystal Block``" (The crystal block thing is just an example)

        - - - Updated - - -

        More dialogs:
        https://imgur.com/0KeIcrO (Buying IAP)
        Code:
        set_default_color|`o
        add_label_with_icon|big|`wAre you sure you want to buy IAP?``|left|112|
        add_spacer|small|
        add_textbox|In order to buy `w"Chest of Gems"``, you will need to enter your `5Superuser Mode`` password.|left|242|
        add_text_input_password|password|Password||15|
        add_smalltext|`2Note:`` After you use your `wsuperuser password``, you will not need to use it again until you log on again.|
        end_dialog|sudo_create|Cancel|`5Check!``|
        https://imgur.com/i8Et9IG (Removing WL)
        Code:
        set_default_color|`o
        add_label_with_icon|small|`wAre you sure you want to remove `5Diamond Lock`` from `5TESTWORLD``?``|left|112|
        add_spacer|small|
        add_smalltext|In order to remove this `5Diamond Lock`` from `2TESTWORLD``, you will need to enter your `5Superuser Mode`` password.|left|
        add_text_input_password|password|Password||15|
        add_smalltext|`2Note:`` After you use your `wsuperuser password``, you will not need to use it again until you log on again.|
        end_dialog|sudo_create|Cancel|`5Check!``|

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by GQLDEN View Post
          What is this feature?

          This feature allows you to lock the items in your backpack.

          How to use it?

          You need to click on the lock button in your backpack. If you previously set a password from the lock menu, you need to enter that password, or if not, you need to set a password. After that, you can choose the items you want to lock or unlock.

          Things you can’t do with locked items:
          • You can’t drop them.
          • You can’t trade them.
          • You can't recycle/trash them
          • You can’t place them to vending machines, storage boxes, safe vaults, mannequins, phone booths, etc.
          • You can’t use them to buy something from vending machines.
          • You can’t give them to NPCs.
          • You can’t use them to complete quests.
          • You can’t use locked consumables.
          • You can’t place locked blocks.
          • You can’t put them to cages.
          • You can’t upgrade them.
          • You can’t transmute them.


          What are the benefits of this feature?
          • This feature will prevent accidental item dropping, trashing, recycling, trading, using, placing, etc. Basically it will prevent accidents.
          • It will make you think twice before using your important items. This means it will protect you from getting scammed.
          • It will prevent you from losing your locked items if you get hacked. Because the hacker needs another password to steal the locked items.


          I think this feature will be very helpful in preventing scams and making players feel safe. I had this idea in mind for a long time and now I thought of sharing it with you. I would be happy to hear your opinions.

          Image of Lock Button:

          Image of Locked Items:

          Image of Lock Icon:
          If this actually happens then you could put a private password for the locked item to prevent hackers getting it
          Izmir#1835



          Verified Nitro Seller

          IGN : Northernn
          Vouches : 6
          Payments : Diamond Locks, Diamond Locks Worth Items

          250 WLS Nitro Classic 1 Month
          550 WLS Nitro Booster 1 Month

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by FreshDinner View Post
            If this actually happens then you could put a private password for the locked item to prevent hackers getting it
            Also, how about just BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PASSWORD?? It's usually the person that got hacked that did something wrong/bad/both, like downloading a fake growtopia mod that joins the attacker's server and redirects to real growtopia, or phishing, etc

            Comment


            • #21
              Perfect

              If they add this it would be SO MUCH BETTER xd i really want them to add this feature so i dont get hack anymore...

              Comment


              • #22
                +1, this deserves attention

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by pannenkoek2012 View Post
                  This could theoretically be replaced by superuser mode, a special mode where you can make certain items require sudo access to remove from the inventory (Like this Item Lock). It would also prevent you from removing your locks, spending gems and buying gems with real money

                  .. Truncated
                  Oh wow xD, you don't need to tell ubisoft the actual code they already know what to do.

                  Anyway, yes this going to be a good addition +1 from me!
                  DrOreo002
                  Plugin & Java programmer at spigotmc.org
                  Github | Spigot

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    +1, this can really help out people

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      +1. What a fantastic idea!
                      IGN: Geeerald.
                      Level: 101
                      WOTD: 0/5

                      Keep on Growing.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Thank you all for your support. PAW is coming soon and hopefully they will add this feature.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by GQLDEN View Post
                          What is this feature?

                          This feature allows you to lock the items in your backpack.

                          How to use it?

                          You need to click on the lock button in your backpack. If you previously set a password from the lock menu, you need to enter that password, or if not, you need to set a password. After that, you can choose the items you want to lock or unlock.

                          Things you can’t do with locked items:
                          • You can’t drop them.
                          • You can’t trade them.
                          • You can't recycle/trash them
                          • You can’t place them to vending machines, storage boxes, safe vaults, mannequins, phone booths, etc.
                          • You can’t use them to buy something from vending machines.
                          • You can’t give them to NPCs.
                          • You can’t use them to complete quests.
                          • You can’t use locked consumables.
                          • You can’t place locked blocks.
                          • You can’t put them to cages.
                          • You can’t upgrade them.
                          • You can’t transmute them.


                          What are the benefits of this feature?
                          • This feature will prevent accidental item dropping, trashing, recycling, trading, using, placing, etc. Basically it will prevent accidents.
                          • It will make you think twice before using your important items. This means it will protect you from getting scammed.
                          • It will prevent you from losing your locked items if you get hacked. Because the hacker needs another password to steal the locked items.


                          I think this feature will be very helpful in preventing scams and making players feel safe. I had this idea in mind for a long time and now I thought of sharing it with you. I would be happy to hear your opinions.

                          Image of Lock Button:

                          Image of Locked Items:

                          Image of Lock Icon:
                          Too bad this would make Safe's useless
                          -SavageTheUni

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by GQLDEN View Post
                            What is this feature?

                            This feature allows you to lock the items in your backpack.

                            How to use it?

                            You need to click on the lock button in your backpack. If you previously set a password from the lock menu, you need to enter that password, or if not, you need to set a password. After that, you can choose the items you want to lock or unlock.

                            Things you can’t do with locked items:
                            • You can’t drop them.
                            • You can’t trade them.
                            • You can't recycle/trash them
                            • You can’t place them to vending machines, storage boxes, safe vaults, mannequins, phone booths, etc.
                            • You can’t use them to buy something from vending machines.
                            • You can’t give them to NPCs.
                            • You can’t use them to complete quests.
                            • You can’t use locked consumables.
                            • You can’t place locked blocks.
                            • You can’t put them to cages.
                            • You can’t upgrade them.
                            • You can’t transmute them.


                            What are the benefits of this feature?
                            • This feature will prevent accidental item dropping, trashing, recycling, trading, using, placing, etc. Basically it will prevent accidents.
                            • It will make you think twice before using your important items. This means it will protect you from getting scammed.
                            • It will prevent you from losing your locked items if you get hacked. Because the hacker needs another password to steal the locked items.


                            I think this feature will be very helpful in preventing scams and making players feel safe. I had this idea in mind for a long time and now I thought of sharing it with you. I would be happy to hear your opinions.

                            Image of Lock Button:

                            Image of Locked Items:

                            Image of Lock Icon:
                            only good suggestion I have seen so far.
                            CrateShip

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              +1 very good idea
                              Hello

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                +1
                                just cuz

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X