Twist for Apology Day Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twist for Apology Day Event

Hai, as we have recently been facing a lot of things i'd like to say that no matter how bad the problem is, there will certainly be a way to get out of it even if we have to sacrifice something in the process of fixing it. And we did sacrifice our game progress by doing rollback in order to greatly reduce if not completely remove the damage caused by the problem.

There is something named Apology Day which is a day where it suppose to give player support to achieve what they have lost due to rollback incident. Unfortunately not everyone could make a use of this event since it requires action to be done in order to get the benefit out of it. Here is what i see as problem for this event:
    - It was meant to be compensation but it doesn't give the reward directly and forced player to do action before recieving it, eliminating the term 'Compensation' in this instance
    - It doesn't feel rewarding for a few or most of player as it doesn't give those player advantage to take what they have lost due to rollback.

At this point, i think it is best to give a direct reward specially made for player who logged in during the Apology Day event but then there is a catch for Alt account usage here. So compensating with direct reward is somewhat of a thing to be consider hard.

My idea is to directly reward each character with something that is special(marking that you were affected/participated on the tragedy), extremely limited yet untradeable, and is something that can goes in set of daily activities.
    I'm thinking of a clothing item, with a minor buff to help the wearer for the rest of their gameplay. Kinda similar to Cosmic Cape i suppose? The buff can be anything such as Double Gems, double exp, faster growth time, all the way into giving a chance of obtaining item based on specific action just like the Cosmic Cape.
    This way all player feel the rewarding side of the event, get benefit out of it(even more if they perform action with it), and get a special thing marking the tragedy since Rollback is something similar to disaster causing loss of money and life(in Growtopia term it's World Locks and Progression).

What do you think? Is there anything to be considered? Let all of us know why you agree or disagree with it
    "Love everyone around you because you will never know when love ends"

Click Me to find some fact about Geiger Counter reward drop rate.

No, we don't need more compensation honestly. Having the game come back up and having the economy recovered is better compensation.
    IGN: ShadowGraal
    Instagram: @ShadowGraalGT
    Legendary Dragon+Bot Owner
    Owner of BuyEvilBricks
    Suggester of the Raccoon Leash

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowgraalera View Post
      No, we don't need more compensation honestly. Having the game come back up and having the economy recovered is better compensation.
      The game must be up in order to continue the service and product and is required for a 'compensation' to be given to player. Having server back alive is not a compensation in this case as it's essentially needed.

To be honest i want to address the economic part even more here since Growtopia is now all about economy but i might as well seperate the economic side of the game from this disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowgraalera View Post
        Them having the game come back up is just them doing THEIR job..
        While I am thankful that they managed to patch up the issue, why would I consider that as "compensation".. ?

Comment

Bump, i guess? Maybe someone can add their opinion whether current compensation we are getting is fair enough or not, or new idea i suppose?

Comment

what about all of the players who were only during the time that was rollbacked gets something like gems or smthing

Jedaki

Comment

Originally posted by Jedaki View Post
              what about all of the players who were only during the time that was rollbacked gets something like gems or smthing
              Would take them more time to implement it that fixing the bug

Comment

Working...
              X