Beta - Encouraging Bug Finding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta - Encouraging Bug Finding

For future updates, if there's a need for player testing, encourage bug finding by giving rewards for bugs found.
    Every bug found gives a player [Bug Hunter Points] and other rewards

Gameplay Bugs : 5 Growtokens + 1 Diamond Lock + 1 Bug Hunter Point
    Visual Bugs : 3 Growtokens + 30 World Locks + 1 Bug Hunter Point
    Text Errors : 3 Growtokens + 30 World Locks + 1 Bug Hunter Point
    Exploits : 5 Diamond Locks + 20 Growtokens + 3 Bug Hunter Points
    Game-breaking Exploits : 30 Diamond Locks + 40 Growtokens + 10 Bug Hunter Points

Accumulating up to 100 Bug Hunter Points will grant the player a special title in the main server and exclusive early access to the next beta tests

This encourages players to find bugs inside beta and get rewards out of it~
    Last edited by Corrects; 07-06-2020, 09:52 AM.
    Suggestions:

Maximum Purchase personal setting

Suggestion box with many items

I like this,

”Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the Secret of Success"

Instagram:mylocationgt
    Youtube:mylocationgt
    Discord:mylocation#8770

sigpic

Comment

Really great idéa!
      The one and only

Comment

Idk why they removed beta it’s perfect for testing updates so something like this won’t happen
        Hey it's me

Ign:Manup

"If you're too open-minded; your brains will fall out.”
        ― Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Why do people say "no offense" right when they're about to offend you?

Comment

not a bad idea tho, i like
          GenSEAF
          Graphic Designer

Discord: GENSEAF#1544
          Portfolio (Instagram): @seafxiv
          I can give tips for designing if you like, just contact me. (And when I have time)
          Software used: Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC

Comment

Originally posted by Manup View Post
            Idk why they removed beta it’s perfect for testing updates so something like this won’t happen
            NekoRei said that it caused chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Decode Quiz View Post
              Need some more clarifications by “caused chaos” is it as bad as what is happening rn?
              Hey it's me

― Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Comment

Originally posted by Corrects View Post
                For future updates, if there's a need for player testing, encourage bug finding by giving rewards for bugs found.

Game-breaking Exploits : 30 Diamond Locks + 40 Growtokens + 10 Bug Hunter Points

Accumulating up to 100 Bug Hunter Points will grant the player a special title in the main server and exclusive early access to the next beta tests

I like this idea, but i think dls are too great of a reward. Growtokens and Bug Hunter Points are enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SpookyFX View Post
                  I like this idea, but i think dls are too great of a reward. Growtokens and Bug Hunter Points are enough.
                  Most the time there won’t be a enormous amount of bugs so 1 dl isn’t really a big thing
                  Hey it's me

― Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Comment

Originally posted by SpookyFX View Post
                    There are reasons why the game breaking exploits reward a lot too.

Let's say if you found a bug, that gave infinite Growtokens (This happened for a while during the apprentice update). Some players would be tempted to keep this to themselves as it gives them, well - infinite growtokens. A prize of 30 DLs might be too little even, but the point of this is that we want to encourage all players to report the bugs and therefore a huge prize is given
                    Suggestions:

Maximum Purchase personal setting

Suggestion box with many items

Comment

There is always a moment where test results doesn't end up the same on main server. This due to one major different which is Player count. We just don't know how specific are beta server compared to main server but i do believe they have tested their incoming feature out somewhere else before implementing it into main server. Yet i don't know what the truth is since we were left with no information whatsoever.

Comment

The rewards are too much.
                        Furthermore, fake bugs be spreading..

Comment

This update will be better than rollback because some people use bugs
                          Originally posted by Dhapin
                          Blue Crystal : 1/1
                          Green Crystal : 2/1

Post on mailbox at DHAFINQUEST if you sell, or msg me

Note : Try to put in vends, if cant, we can do trading

Comment

The idea is great, and would really encourage people to find bugs& glitches, but the prizes are reaallllyy unbalanced
                            Nerf the locks, remove them completely. Nerf growtokens heavily. Nerf the title, make it need way more points, as it is a title and is supposed to be special, (350 and more points perhaps?) unlike the doctor title which is honestly a joke at this point.
                            Also, make some sort of penalty system for fake reports.
                            Last edited by RandomGrowtopiaChicken; 07-06-2020, 01:30 PM. Reason: b
                            Make your opinion heard! Make a Tier List of cosmetic IOTMs to help me gather data! Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by Decode Quiz View Post
                              It wouldn't cause chaos if they just pick people or certain group of people to find this bugs

Comment

Working...
                              X