Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion: Reduce the number of afk bots, spam bots, etc.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Meercats View Post
    Someone can simply make a GrowID like SellGoMyLand and simply not afk coz thats what they want their GrowID to be.

    Why do you think it's so crucial to do this anyways?
    I mean its not one of the major problems in the game rn.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Do you own one of those buy+ worlds
    It's not a major problem but it contributes to the number 1 problem we're experiencing right now. Remember the server complaints? If they can't upgrade the servers, then they should reduce the number of players who doesn't actually play (afk advertising).

    ++I'm not a buy+world owner, and I'm not planning to buy one. I personally locked buykumiho since I suggested the nine tails but this has nothing to do with the issue.(it isn't silenced/muted too)

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Lokean View Post
      It's not a major problem but it contributes to the number 1 problem we're experiencing right now. Remember the server complaints? If they can't upgrade the servers, then they should reduce the number of players who doesn't actually play (afk advertising).
      Don't our world locks have timers? Where we could set a limit for how long a player stays in the world I mean owners can put that to use and it'll reduce the bots from the world.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Meercats View Post
        Don't our world locks have timers? Where we could set a limit for how long a player stays in the world I mean owners can put that to use and it'll reduce the bots from the world.
        They're still online. Every player counts.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Lokean View Post
          The inability to make usernames which has the first words "goto" and "sell" will lessen the amount of bots that makes the servers lag. (The amount of these bots are causing the servers' instability.)

          Note: there's a lot of them, and you can see them by doing /msg sellgo
          They wont. Those accounts are legitimate and they dont pose as an illegal method of promoting the world.
          The game has IP system that when exhausted wont let you creat account.

          This was confirmed on one of mods i forgot whom but i think its nekorei
          I SIMPLY JUST DONT CARE

          F/Eyes = 0/0
          BLG = 0/0
          DL = IDC
          WLS = IDC
          Cult Hood = 100*100/100
          Cult Robe = 100*100/100


          Noͦ hͫoͦNeͤY

          IGN:cocoMonkey
          Oh I love dark.
          U bored? try this https://pointerpointer.com/

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Epalogs View Post
            The game has IP system that when exhausted wont let you creat account.

            This was confirmed on one of mods i forgot whom but i think its nekorei
            Vpn exists

            Even casino hosts can make multiple accounts, I think it's easy to bypass (๑•﹏•)

            Comment


            • #21
              The “sellgo” accounts I checked are literally no more than about 100 on at a time. That is probably not enough to clog up the servers. I’ve seen individual casinos with over 400 bots. I don’t think afk bots are a problem. I think the biggest problems in GT are casinos, THEN spammers.
              IGN: Browg

              Cool videos: https://youtu.be/ndWyXvHSR0M

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jewish View Post
                The “sellgo” accounts I checked are literally no more than about 100 on at a time. That is probably not enough to clog up the servers. I’ve seen individual casinos with over 400 bots. I don’t think afk bots are a problem. I think the biggest problems in GT are casinos, THEN spammers.
                Still contributes right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Take note that there are "sell" and "goto" names that can't be seen in /msg cuz it only consist of 4 chars.

                Yes, those big three are the problems. (Csn, spam, and afk)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Lokean View Post
                  Still contributes right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Take note that there are "sell" and "goto" names that can't be seen in /msg cuz it only consist of 4 chars.

                  Yes, those big three are the problems. (Csn, spam, and afk)
                  U can bypass that by typing sell_ and goto_

                  IGN: R4Z

                  vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by R4Z View Post
                    U can bypass that by typing sell_ and goto_
                    Those are not registered accounts tho

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      for the reason of "making the server's lag" is kinda irrelevant since they're only less than 100 (based on reply above),

                      you think why don't they ban "CSN" from world names? also why don't they ban "global" "systen and "message" from broadcasts?
                      =IGN : Crausse=
                      Instagram : @Crausse_GT
                      Discord : Crausse#5464

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Ryuu Kaname View Post
                        for the reason of "making the server's lag" is kinda irrelevant since they're only less than 100 (based on reply above),

                        you think why don't they ban "CSN" from world names? also why don't they ban "global" "systen and "message" from broadcasts?
                        They're not less than 100 for sure.

                        Yes, they should also include those "mincsn" world names too.

                        I've been bumping a suggestion from a forumer which may be a soln for the broadcast issue.

                        Here's the link for the two similar threads:
                        https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...emove-bc-cb-sb
                        https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...PPROVAL-METHOD
                        Last edited by Lokean; 07-24-2020, 01:15 PM. Reason: Added another thread as a reference

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Lokean View Post
                          Those are not registered accounts tho
                          it msg to both register and guest

                          IGN: R4Z

                          vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by R4Z View Post
                            it msg to both register and guest
                            Putting an underscore really does bypass it :O (/msg sell_)
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200719_160945.png
Views:	2
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	6607217

                            Originally posted by Ryuu Kaname View Post
                            for the reason of "making the server's lag" is kinda irrelevant since they're only less than 100 (based on reply above)
                            Hmmmmm

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Bump for the main thread update

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Btw, there is no reason for us to eliminate Active AFK user for the sake of "server stabilities". Every player in a game has right to play in a way the game has to offer. Growtopia allows a user to own multiple accounts, does mean each individual account inherit every single rights and follow the same rules. That is why when your main account gets ban, your alt account will also suffer the same punishment.

                                We do not have the right to eliminate these idling accounts.
                                The only way Growtopia has a reason to eliminate these account is by updating in-game rules, which is a serious task.
                                "Love everyone around you because you will never know when love ends"

                                Click Me to find some fact about Geiger Counter reward drop rate.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X