Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion: Reduce the number of afk bots, spam bots, etc.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Suggestion: Reduce the number of afk bots, spam bots, etc.

    The inability to make repetitive/similar usernames for unregistered accounts will lessen the efficiency and/or the amount of advertising bots.

    ++Captcha for players after being inactive/afk for >5 minutes, and a follow-up disconnection after 1 minute if the player didn't try to answer/fill-up. (Yes, this is a combination of the ideas of Deftera and WorldBreaker)

    @wenor_gt's GUI https://www.instagram.com/p/CDk8o7uDwWj/

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200807_140828.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.5 KB ID:	6871348


    ++A limitation for the maximum of 3-5 online accounts per IP might also work. (Just another suggestion)
    ​​
    ++Prevent the players from making worlds with words such as "csn" "casino" "min" "bet" (This is not a good idea)

    The amount of these bots are causing the servers' instability and it directly affects every growtopians' gameplay

    Enter, move, and exit bot:
    https://youtu.be/EjrMDdcWLLc

    Enter and exit bot:
    https://youtu.be/0_XGQg35LhY

    UPDATE:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200801_095030.jpg Views:	26 Size:	73.8 KB ID:	6867013


    Also take the note below as an example ⬇️

    Note: there's a lot of them, and you can see them by doing /msg sellgo

    (other 4 char words such as "sell" "goto" can be bypassed by putting an underscore. Ex. /msg sell_)


    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200719_160945.png Views:	2 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	6721688

    Update: Seems like there are over 2k bots in the game. Check zeh_gt's instagram post regarding the issue.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CC9ZaH3D...=1q7wlr7ivd5ad

    These are found under 20 minutes
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200724_133403.jpg Views:	1 Size:	285.1 KB ID:	6721813
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200724_133350.jpg Views:	1 Size:	313.0 KB ID:	6721814
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200724_133338.jpg Views:	1 Size:	305.1 KB ID:	6721815
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200724_133329.jpg Views:	1 Size:	306.9 KB ID:	6721816
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200724_133318.jpg Views:	1 Size:	288.9 KB ID:	6721817
    Last edited by Lokean; 10-18-2020, 11:11 AM.

  • #2
    +1,but this only can be implemented by not disabling the actuals accounts wich has this name bc there are a plenty of players who are not bots and have sell or goto... in their name.
    I guess.
    Sgodtoh emos gnitae god gnitaolF A sI ereht GMO,erutangissa siht ni ees ot gnihton si ereh.

    Comment


    • #3
      But the afkers that have sell/goto in their names are not bots, its just a way to bypass the Royal lock.
      Unless they also spam.
      Hate/love growtopia? Why not leave a review in Play Store/App Store?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TiiG View Post
        But the afkers that have sell/goto in their names are not bots, its just a way to bypass the Royal lock.
        Unless they also spam.
        Most of them are spam bots, and I believe that those afk "sellgo" accounts are still clogging up the servers. Every player counts even if it's afk or not.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lokean View Post
          Most of them are spam bots, and I believe that those afk "sellgo" accounts are still clogging up the servers. Every player counts even if it's afk or not.
          -1
          First off since most players with these accounts go afk in the world you can't tell if they are bots or not because they could just be afking.Second off if it's not a bot it's legal there's nothing wrong with afking in a world LITERALLY NOTHING.Thirdly your point about afk players is just not thought out well it's an afk player none cares.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bus16 View Post
            -1
            First off since most players with these accounts go afk in the world you can't tell if they are bots or not because they could just be afking.Second off if it's not a bot it's legal there's nothing wrong with afking in a world LITERALLY NOTHING.Thirdly your point about afk players is just not thought out well it's an afk player none cares.
            Why not sell your stuff manually instead of making "sellgo-" named accounts? You can advertise your world by doing an sb/bc/cb

            Afk accounts are not illegal since there's no rule regarding that issue but the huge number of those accounts affects our servers.

            Comment


            • #7
              -1 All of sell or gotoo(worldname) is not spam bots and they really help me lot finding decoration block they just standing there doing nothing harmless and just want to sell their stuff blame royallock instead man

              - - - Updated - - -

              Originally posted by Lokean View Post
              Why not sell your stuff manually instead of making "sellgo-" named accounts? You can advertise your world by doing an sb/bc/cb

              Afk accounts are not illegal since there's no rule regarding that issue but the huge number of those accounts affects our servers.
              Why hoarding Buy+ and ending up silence it anyway?
              Aware what you put on internet once it sit there there is no turning back.Think wise Think twice.

              IGN:MomoCashew (my lovely singer)

              yes..i love mcflurry

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kuroe View Post
                -1 All of sell or gotoo(worldname) is not spam bots and they really help me lot finding decoration block they just standing there doing nothing harmless and just want to sell their stuff blame royallock instead man

                - - - Updated - - -



                Why hoarding Buy+ and ending up silence it anyway?
                Yes they're harmless to the community but take note that the amount of those players are still affecting the servers' stability. Most of the players are complaining about the lags and the number of disconnections they are experiencing. (Aka potato server)

                ++ Maybe buy+world owners are silencing their world to keep those spammers away (especially the csn advertisement) Maybe silencing is the best option cuz they can't monitor those trade worlds for 24/7

                Comment


                • #9
                  They will change into InWorldABCD
                  Daily Challenge Possibilities : ​
                  https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...vember-10-2020

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Warfreak10 View Post
                    They will change into InWorldABCD
                    Then the developers should also block some varieties.

                    "GOBUY, BUYTO, SELLGO, INVENDGO, SELLIN, SELLAT, SELLON, VENDGO, XXGOTO, ZZSELLGO, INWORLD, ETC."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Lokean View Post
                      Then the developers should also block some varieties.

                      "GOBUY, BUYTO, SELLGO, INVENDGO, SELLIN, SELLAT, SELLON, VENDGO, XXGOTO, ZZSELLGO, INWORLD, ETC."
                      How about S3LL1nABCD
                      Or 5311atABCD
                      Or something like that
                      Daily Challenge Possibilities : ​
                      https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...vember-10-2020

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        200iq moment

                        IGN: R4Z

                        vv I Provide Services To Most Stuff In Game vv

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Lokean View Post
                          Then the developers should also block some varieties.

                          "GOBUY, BUYTO, SELLGO, INVENDGO, SELLIN, SELLAT, SELLON, VENDGO, XXGOTO, ZZSELLGO, INWORLD, ETC."
                          This plan is inaccurate, simply ur not letting other players decide their GrowIDs freely.

                          There are also a lot of ways for them to find an alternative to the names, you know English has many ways to describe something.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Warfreak10 View Post
                            How about S3LL1nABCD
                            Or 5311atABCD
                            Or something like that
                            Should be added to the varieties if they'll implement my suggestion

                            - - - Updated - - -

                            Originally posted by R4Z View Post
                            200iq moment
                            Big brain mega mind xD

                            - - - Updated - - -

                            Originally posted by Meercats View Post
                            This plan is inaccurate, simply ur not letting other players decide their GrowIDs freely.

                            There are also a lot of ways for them to find an alternative to the names, you know English has many ways to describe something.
                            GrowIDs for what though? Is it for playing or just afk to advertise?

                            ++Character limit exists right? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Lokean View Post
                              Should be added to the varieties if they'll implement my suggestion

                              - - - Updated - - -



                              Big brain mega mind xD

                              - - - Updated - - -



                              GrowIDs for what though? Is it for playing or just afk to advertise?

                              ++Character limit exists right? (Correct me if I'm wrong)
                              Someone can simply make a GrowID like SellGoMyLand and simply not afk coz thats what they want their GrowID to be.

                              Why do you think it's so crucial to do this anyways?
                              I mean its not one of the major problems in the game rn.

                              - - - Updated - - -

                              Do you own one of those buy+ worlds

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X