[Startopia] Allow us to choose the sector after defeating Growlactus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Startopia] Allow us to choose the sector after defeating Growlactus

The achievement Descended Universe requires the player to land 500 ships on a descended planet. In my opinion, this is just poor game design because it indirectly asks the player to lose to Growlactus 500 times just to complete an achievement. It encourages players to fail instead of aiming for success which goes against the notion that achievements are supposed to be a sign of skill or dedication for an activity.

Don't get me wrong, I find the concept where the player can go for 2 different sectors depending on whether they fail or succeed a very interesting concept, but in an activity where there isn't a good enough reward mechanism for succeeding (no one really wants or cares about the 2 sectors), it becomes more of a burden for achievement hunters to purposefully fail many many times for the achievement.

I believe that this problem would be very easily solved if we were allowed to select the sector we want to proceed towards after defeating Growlactus, while continuing to send the ship to the "descended" sector after losing to Growlactus. It does not penalise a player for being "too good" at Startopia while also making the "ascended" sectors slightly rarer so that it becomes slightly more worth the time to learn how to defeat Growlactus.
    IGN: bllade (used to be BladeGamer)

All epic quests completed, waiting for sponsor.
    Achievements completed: 150/167

This would make much more sense, but i doubt it'll be added to the game.

Originally posted by BladeGamer View Post
    It encourages players to fail instead of aiming for success which goes against the notion that achievements are supposed to be a sign of skill or dedication for an activity.
    If you are dedicated to lose to Growlactus 500 times, then it is an achievement.
    IGN: LimeChicken

@limechickengt on Instagram.

Comment

Bumping...

Comment

Yes, would be really nice ever since failing a Growlactus is just a loss and you get no reward for it except for entering to the Desolate Waste sector.
        A NEWS administrator and ANCIENTS member.

Comment

Working...
        X