Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random worlds refresh/reroll button

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Random worlds refresh/reroll button

    Seeing as this game isn't moderated anymore and every time you open random worlds the entire listing is 5-10 link worlds that all point to the same couple drop games, it seems to me there's another way to make the game actually playable again without requiring anyone to start actually enforcing the rules. I haven't played the game or checked these forums in something like four or five years, so maybe someone else has suggested this before, but I think it would be great if y'all could add a button in the random worlds menu that allows the player to refresh/reroll their random worlds, so I could hit this refresh button ten or twenty thousand times and maybe get one or two worlds that aren't casinos.

    This would reduce the number of players in casino worlds, because they could browse random for a bit before picking a world. Casinos consistently have awful and completely unappealing names and very few people really want to join them. The reason anyone joins them is that they are literally the only contents of the random world menu, and the top category worlds are all empty garbage that only made it to the top by duping noobs into thinking they would get a diamond lock if they rated it 5.99. So the only worlds that have people in them are in random, and the only worlds in random are casinos. See the problem?

    Even if 85% of the worlds on GT are still scams populated entirely by AFK bots, adding a refresh button to random would give the player a chance to try to find one of the 15% of worlds that isn't.

    As long as there's some way to get to real worlds, I think I can maybe cope with the below, and I think it could bring real worlds back into style, which would probably in turn hurt the profits of casino owners, lessening the incentive for bad actors to open casinos.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200807-121929.png Views:	10 Size:	519.9 KB ID:	6871723
    Last edited by danrig123; 08-08-2020, 11:18 AM.
    Originally posted by Daniel Plainview
    I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people. There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. I want to earn enough world locks I can get away from everyone.
    Originally posted by Slavoj Žižek
    See you, either in Hell, or in the world HELL.
    ----

    IGN: Zizek! (Why can't we change forum names?)

  • #2
    +111111111111111
    Legendary | 2013 | Epic Quest | Better Suggestion

    My Last Suggestion; Battle Royale(PVP) Suggestion!

    Comment


    • #3
      yepp, also it would be cool if we could disable random worlds, i would rather select what worlds i want on my main menu, my home world, favs, the WOTD, etc.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Spyroboy View Post
        yepp, also it would be cool if we could disable random worlds, i would rather select what worlds i want on my main menu, my home world, favs, the WOTD, etc.
        This is a really neat idea I never realized I wanted until now, something like a bookmarks menu.
        Originally posted by Daniel Plainview
        I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people. There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. I want to earn enough world locks I can get away from everyone.
        Originally posted by Slavoj Žižek
        See you, either in Hell, or in the world HELL.
        ----

        IGN: Zizek! (Why can't we change forum names?)

        Comment


        • #5
          Also, it would be cool if we wouldn't see the worlds we previously saw before we hit the refresh button ^^ +1
          i make music;check out FIRUSONG.
          new song: (Kanojo, Okarishimasu) "Centimeter" by the peggies @ THEPGGIES

          Discord: Zefiru#9710 | Instagram: @zefiru.gt

          Comment


          • #6
            maybe there could also be some filter for worlds you dont want like you could filter out "CSN" and the worlds with "CSN" won't show up
            sigpic
            SigPic by Noobified
            Avatar By Thiel4us
            PFP By Jaqkey
            iNsTaGrAm: @ono_okay
            you could get a follow back
            yOuTuBe: Okay990 GT
            IGN: okay990gt / okay990
            World: 0S2B

            CALL ME "SPAM" OR DIE

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by okay990gt View Post
              maybe there could also be some filter for worlds you dont want like you could filter out "CSN" and the worlds with "CSN" won't show up
              Something like this would be a nice middle ground between the people who want to ban worlds starting with "CSN" in that other thread and people who want to maintain the status quo. Let the user decide if they want to be bombarded with trash.
              Last edited by danrig123; 08-08-2020, 08:49 AM.
              Originally posted by Daniel Plainview
              I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people. There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. I want to earn enough world locks I can get away from everyone.
              Originally posted by Slavoj Žižek
              See you, either in Hell, or in the world HELL.
              ----

              IGN: Zizek! (Why can't we change forum names?)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by danrig123 View Post

                Something like this would be a nice middle ground between the people who want to ban worlds starting with "CSN" in that other thread and people who want to maintain the status quo. Let the user decide if they want to be bombarded with trash.
                if they add filter then these csn owners will stop using csn words and then they can trick us to join their worlds easier if we can't guess from name that it is casino.

                But random world refresh button, we totally need. Maybe even option (idk is this possible) where we can set that we want find only new worlds (worlds what are created in past 24h so we can find newbies) or worlds what are old enough to have some design (this cause some ppl don't want find newbies they want find just new friends), or worlds with more than 5 in it or less than 5 in it.
                Level: 125
                Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
                My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
                Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
                Instagram: QueenChloeGT
                How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

                Comment


                • #9
                  +139873198713
                  Current IGN: 28261838

                  Bait shop at 6555 (:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post

                    if they add filter then these csn owners will stop using csn words and then they can trick us to join their worlds easier if we can't guess from name that it is casino.
                    They definitely would, but if I'm reading the suggestion right, it would be a filter you could add new substrings to as needed, so as soon as you find a new naming scheme commonly used by casinos you could add that too, and rinse and repeat as necessary.

                    Although it wouldn't replace the need for a refresh button, and it would probably be a lot harder to implement than a simple refresh button (assuming the Growtopia code is reasonably well written, a refresh button shouldn't present any difficulty at all).

                    Time/user count filtering is a good quality-of-life feature idea as well. I guess one big idea coming out of this thread is that there are a lot of things that could be changed about the worlds menu, but whatever it is, it seems like everyone can agree some kind of change is absolutely necessary given the current state of the game.
                    Last edited by danrig123; 08-08-2020, 12:11 PM.
                    Originally posted by Daniel Plainview
                    I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people. There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. I want to earn enough world locks I can get away from everyone.
                    Originally posted by Slavoj Žižek
                    See you, either in Hell, or in the world HELL.
                    ----

                    IGN: Zizek! (Why can't we change forum names?)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yea, we need changes for this and i love brainstorms where everyone can tell even their craziest ideas, cause every idea could have some part in it, what actually could work, even if full idea is way too insane to make true. That's why i always put my own ideas in too, so someone else can read them and make even better idea from it.
                      Level: 125
                      Main: QUEENCHLOEGT
                      My first farm:CHLOESCASTLE
                      Guild home: QUEENSGUILD
                      Instagram: QueenChloeGT
                      How we could fix famable economy: OPEN LINK HERE

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Spyroboy View Post
                        yepp, also it would be cool if we could disable random worlds, i would rather select what worlds i want on my main menu, my home world, favs, the WOTD, etc.
                        You have my +1.
                        Rest In Peace, Marley
                        My beloved kitty that went missing 21.8.2019, found dead 23.8.2019, I will never forget you.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X