[New Quality of Life Update] Desperately Needed Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [New Quality of Life Update] Desperately Needed Changes

Hello! Over the years, people have made a lot of suggestions and relatively few of them get implemented. I thank the Growtopia team for their hard work, but I have seen many suggestions with countless threads and a lot of support, and they have yet to be implemented. I know that PAW is dedicated to accepting player suggestions, but there are a lot of small suggestions that I feel should be accepted throughout the year. I am suggesting a bunch of changes in this post that are to improve the QUALITY OF LIFE (i.e. gameplay experience) of users. I think it would be best to implement these all as part of one of the monthly updates as a "Quality of Life" update. Some of these are big changes; some are small. But they are all things that so many players would be happy to see implemented, and I only tried to make suggestions that have little to no cons attached to them. Here are my suggestions:

1. Add back the image to donation boxes.
    This is how it used to be:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	gJHj05W.png Views:	3 Size:	33.7 KB ID:	6927791

But now it's like this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_191898.png Views:	13 Size:	68.0 KB ID:	6927790

PAW added the option in donation boxes to choose what you want to take out from a donation box, but by doing this it removed the image from the donation box. It doesn't make sense why, especially because there is more than enough space for the image to be there as well as the selection box. It makes for a better design and it seems a lot less dull with the picture. The image should be re-added.

2. Add back typing and walking on PC.
    On PC, you used to be able to type while walking. After PAW, you can't do that anymore. It significantly hurts a lot of PC players because honestly many people used this feature for reasons beyond scamming. For example, if I wanted to pull a player, I would do /pull (player name) and then move to where I wanted to move them. Or if I typed something out to tell my friend but they moved far away, I would move towards them then press "enter." Everyone wants this back. There are multiple threads asking for this, and I'm surprised it hasn't been added back.

3. Add more hotkeys for PC.
    PAW added hotkeys for PC, and this was hyped way too much considering how few hotkeys there already are. I expected there to be new hotkeys but instead, all you get to do is change hotkeys that were already there. I am suggesting that there should be hotkeys for:
    Recycling (recycle the item you are holding)
    Dropping (drop the item you are holding)
    Info (pull up the info of the item you are holding)
    Store (go to the store)
    1st, 2nd, and 3rd items in hot bar
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VC8Oth3.png Views:	3 Size:	13.9 KB ID:	6927792
    For example, press "1" on your keyboard to go to the 1st item in your hot bar (next to fist). Or even fist could be 1 and then it could be 1,2,3,4. But fist already has "tab" so it's up to the developers.
    For the hot bar, this has been suggested for years. It should have been added by now. This would tremendously help with a lot of tasks, such as building, cooking, etc. because you have to always move your mouse to your hot bar and then back to the place you want to use the item.
    Currently there are very few hotkeys. These are all you are limited to:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	8ebuky2.png Views:	3 Size:	69.8 KB ID:	6927793

This would dramatically improve the quality of life for PC users, and I see no downside. Plus, these hotkeys are all optional anyways so you are not forced to use them if you don't want to.

4. Lock the items in your hot bar
    Many times when you are building what happens is that you break a block and you are forced to pick up the seed to replace the block because you don't want random floating seeds. What happens a lot is that it now replaces a block on your hot bar that you were using, and now it shifts everything to the left so you have to find everything again in your inventory to fix your hot bar. Especially when building worlds, this happens countless times and it's very annoying because you will never even use that seed but it keeps taking space in your hot bar. I'm suggesting to add the option to LOCK items in your hot bar. It would look like this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	vGOzaVa.jpg Views:	3 Size:	125.9 KB ID:	6927794

And you can lock items using this button (in the bottom) in your inventory:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VPVVnnU.jpg Views:	3 Size:	65.0 KB ID:	6927795

5. Buy multiple items from the shop at a time.
    Currently when you want to buy something like 200 small locks, you have to press the small lock 200 individual times and click buy another 200 times. It looks like this right now:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Al2qQ00.png Views:	3 Size:	184.0 KB ID:	6927796
    This is so inefficient and is such a waste of time. For world locks and small seed packs, there is an option to buy 10 at a time but it makes no sense that only these two items have that option. Every item should have that option and it should be implemented as a pop up once you click buy, where it asks you "How many would you like to buy?" And you can buy as many as you want.

6. Condense rare seed packs into an item pack, like the small seed pack.

When you buy a small seed pack, you get a pack in your inventory which you get to open. This allows people with little inventory space to buy small seed packs and sell them very easily and it is overall very inefficient. It makes no sense that this option is not available for rare seed packs. If you are buying rare seed packs to sell, you have to have a huge inventory and you have to drop all 200+ different seeds. It's a gigantic waste of time. Here's what it is like for small seed packs:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	iuPRLAg.png Views:	3 Size:	86.0 KB ID:	6927798
    And here's what it is like for rare seed packs:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	oJhYLPF.png Views:	3 Size:	63.0 KB ID:	6927797

7. Rebalance hidden riches.
    Currently if you go to a BFG world there are hidden riches in so many rooms that are floating and nobody even cares about them. This is especially true of the essence like earth, water, and fire essence which you can only sell for like 1k/wl. There is such a high supply of these and of other riches (anemone, aurora, etc.) that they are essentially worthless and people leave them rather than pick them up. I am suggesting that hidden riches should be rebalanced. The drop rate for these items should be significantly reduced, or these items should be made to be recycled (1 gem per item or something). Maybe these items could also be used in more recipes or maybe more hidden riches could be added?

8. Increase megaphone character limit
    On megaphones, there is a limit on the length of your SB that depends on how much space it takes up. This limit is A LOT less than the character limit of normal SBs. This is what I mean:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6mVkmQI.png Views:	0 Size:	87.4 KB ID:	6927855
    I can't fit any more text in this SB, but when I do /sb, I can fit twice as much text! Look:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Zn6g53O.png Views:	0 Size:	15.8 KB ID:	6927856

9. Make more items transmutable.
    Some items are still not transmutable, which makes no sense honestly. The two items that many people complain about the most are focus eyes and glove of giants.

10. Sort the "My Worlds" list.
    The "My Worlds" list is so unorganized. It's very difficult to track worlds that you recently locked if you accidentally forget to write it down, especially if you have a large number of worlds. It's A MESS!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	j6gOEqc.png Views:	0 Size:	422.8 KB ID:	6927857
    (This is not my list but just something I found online)
    My suggestion is that these worlds should be ORGANIZED. There are so many possibilities and they're all better than this mess. You could have it organized alphabetically, or you can have it organized by when you locked/bought the world (oldest worlds at the top, newest at the bottom). Or you can have it organized by when you last visited the world. I think the last one (most recently visited) would make the most sense.

11. Increase notebook character limit.
    The notebook was a very neat feature from PAW, but it is honestly very flawed. It has a character limit which always leaves over half of the space in the notebook empty. It makes no sense. This should be easily fixable; just increase the character limit! Example:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	8bgPzDV.png Views:	0 Size:	41.4 KB ID:	6927858
    In the image I used a third of the notebook space and I couldn't write any more.

12. Increase number of "favorite" worlds you can have.
    When you do /fav in a world, it gets marked as a "favorite" world and then you can go to the world menu to see your favorite worlds until you un-favorite them. But you have a limit of only 10 favorite worlds, which honestly doesn't make sense because you can almost always fit up to 20 worlds on it. Here's how it looks like:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	jAawcG1.png Views:	0 Size:	55.1 KB ID:	6927859
    As you can see, half the space is empty, and that was with me using the BIGGEST names possible (all worlds have really big names). The limit for favorite worlds should be increased to 20 (or maybe 15 if 20 is too much). This should be an easy fix and would make many people happy because many people use the /fav feature.

13. Remove nuked worlds from favorite worlds.
    If you have a world saved in your "favorite" worlds list and it gets nuked, you can literally never remove it. The world is nuked forever and the only way to un-favorite a world is to go in the world and type /fav. But since you can't enter a nuked world, you can't unfavorite it. This is more of a bug, but some people in game have complained about it and I personally have a world in /favorite from two years ago that was nuked (World name is EASYFAMEGT. I don't even know what that world was). This should be fixed, and it's about time.

14. Nuked worlds should return to the game.
    There are so many nuked worlds right now (1-3 letter worlds, 4 letter worlds, BUY+ and SELL+ worlds, rare name worlds) that should honestly return to the game. If a world has been nuked for over 365 days (enough time so that if it was wrongly nuked, it can always be returned to the owner), it should be reset and un-nuked. Maybe there should be a special event dedicated to this, where every world up to today is un-nuked and people can rush to lock rare world names? It would definitely bring so many players back to the game for that one day, and some of them may stay if they get a good name. Plus, so many players would be online that day!

15. When buying something from a vending machine, show how much of the product you have in your inventory.
    When you buy something from a vending machine, it shows how many world locks you have, like this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	LxD6VUg.png Views:	1 Size:	385.0 KB ID:	6927861

This helps you figure out how much of the item you can buy. However, so many times people have a lot of the item in their inventory, and if they try to buy 200, it says you have no inventory space. So you have to find the item in your inventory, and then you can figure out how many you can buy. This happens to literally everyone that has ever used a vending machine. An easy fix for this and a great quality of life improvement would be to tell you how much of the item you have in your inventory. E.g. "You have 120 Crimson Eagle Wings."
    Last edited by Jewish; 10-16-2020, 01:43 PM.
    IGN: Browg

Cool videos: https://youtu.be/ndWyXvHSR0M

imma say it again, i wish they added so it will display the number of items you already in your backpack when buying something from a vending machine like

You Have 0 World Locks
    You Also Have X Of X Already In Your Inventory
    IGN: MadMewMew

Discord: Gey phemus#6243
    IG: madmewmew_gt

Comment

Originally posted by Kfbun View Post
      imma say it again, i wish they added so it will display the number of items you already in your backpack when buying something from a vending machine like

You Have 0 World Locks
      You Also Have X Of X Already In Your Inventory
      Added this into the thread because this would've helped me so many times

Comment

yessir I wish they added everything u wrote here.
        This game feels like a job.
        Quitted, but you might see me post on forums sometimes

Comment

+1 we really need the hotkey and lock system
          IGN: PEPPERISTIC
          IG: vin_hartono
          Shop: EWOHY
          GOVSSU name only for sale lmao start 5 wl

Comment

Beeeeeeep bump

Comment

Very good idea. But for the rules of the world that is changed due to the nuke it is better to open it to the public with the addition of a bulletin and it is locked by mods / Dev rather than players in my opinion If I'm not mistaken, I found 1 world buy + which was locked by mods, namely buysubscription if I'm not mistaken
              Last Project this year 2020 in growtopia Week 1:world planner+breaking all farmable

Comment

Couldn't agree more with number 3, 4, 5, 7, 10 and 11. Absolute +1!
                Ubi pls read this

Comment

Bumping this bumpity

Comment

this is what i really want tho. make glove of giants, focused eyes and other iotms transmutable (like ghastly robe).
                    Just a noob that doesn't know how to invest.
                    IGN: Pilemon
                    Goals: Build a Dirt Block (1/1)
                    Lock a World with a World Lock (1/1)
                    Break 10 Dirt Blocks (10/10)

Comment

1 good
                      2 good
                      3 nice
                      4 maybe double click to lock it? but is good
                      5 good
                      6 good
                      7 umm it might be easier for the bad players to broadcast phishing sites or some scams, but ok
                      8 yes
                      9 absolutely
                      10 yes
                      11yes
                      12 good
                      13 good
                      14 ok
                      15 nice

9/10 overall
                      ign: thiel
                      discord: thiel4usgt#4108
                      ig: thiel4us
                      donate in thieldonate
                      sry if mi bad english

Comment

Also, please fix the

HUGE BARS OF THE CHAT BAR AND INVENTORY BAR
                        Thanks
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0DDtPd6ID0

^^ If you enjoyed that, subscribe below, thanks! ^^
                        http://www.youtube.com/JonnyPlaysGT

Comment

Please bump this

Comment

Your 4th suggestion is same as my suggestion. https://www.growtopiagame.com/forums...ocking-feature

Comment

this is a lot and probably a lot of coding and work 😂
                              Youtube:Lightvolts
                              IGN:Lightvolts
                              level:84

mods fix giphy pls ^ i sad

and when upload it, no work

[i miss old image gif
                              bring back] I need them

Comment

Working...
                              X