No announcement yet.

WL Inflation & Buy+ Auctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although the OP of this thread is a scummy person basically copying JackBowe's idea to his own good, a discussion about inflation and ways to prevent it should be had.

A world auctioning system would indeed get rid of hundreds, if not thousands of BGLs, quite easily. IF it's properly executed. The ToS and in-game rules state that "Accounts, locks, or worlds may be deleted after long periods of inactivity". Therefore, Ubistaff is free to take away worlds with rare names from permanently suspended players whose bans are final and investigated as well as from players who've been inactive for years. Of course, there are certain worlds with rare names that should be left as they currently are even if the owners are banned or have been inactive for years as the worlds are part of Growtopia's history and these worlds reserve a nostalgic purpose. A lot of these worlds also have active admins who still keep the worlds up or have linked them to another world, as the co-owners of these worlds, the admins should be allowed to keep them and these worlds shouldn't be put for auctioning.

I think we also should have the BUY+ world conduct in place before an auctioning system would be started to implement, if such system would be something Ubistaff wants to make.

A problem with the auctioning system would be that the worlds would always go to the highest bidder, therefore to the richest guy bidding. It would only take BGLs away from a fairly small % of players, albeit the most influential group of players. A BGL sink that would take locks away from majority of the players would be way more efficient, e.g. Locke. However, Locke these days is very outdated and it doesn't work properly anymore. Ubistaff could update Locke with some crucial items that would always have a huge demand, i.e. used in a recipe, Legendary Quest or something similar. They could also add untradeable items to Locke and if people ever want to have those items they'll end up deleting locks from the game. Since Ubistaff likes to add all these IMO dumb gambling features to the game, why not add a gambling feature limited to certain seasonal event to Locke, kind of like Locke's Mystery Boxes, but actually something that gets bought. Instead of just adding new and new gambling boxes that require gems, add ones that require locks at least to remove some of those from the game.

Something that should also be interfered with would be the Mint Julep, WOTD Trophy X, Growie Award and Legendary Quests. Growie Award and WOTD Trophy X are way too expensive considered how "little" effort it takes to obtain them. All this is due to Legendary Quests not having any other expensive/hard quests to do. It makes these certain items that are very limited (365 and 52 per year) rise to insane prices. You shouldn't earn close to 2 BGLs from building a world or 6 BGLs from making a video. And the most ridiculous example of this unfairness is the Mint Julep, currently being 3 BGLs. A two-minute race SHOULD NOT earn you that much, and all this is caused by there not being anything else expensive in the quest for Legendbot-009. Honestly, just remove Mint Julep from Legendary Quest and fix the other quests so WOTD Trophy X and Growie Award won't be so demanded.

Why is it a problem that those items are so expensive? Because they contribute to inflation. A player could work for hundreds of hours and only earn a BGL or two. Meanwhile another player builds a world in 20 hours and gets the same amount of BGLs or in the worst case, a dude wins Kyderby and gets 3 BGLs in only TWO minutes. And when all these items are given out to players each day, each week, each month, each year. They basically allow hundreds of players to get nearly free BGLs out of thin air. We saw what happened during the duplication glitch in July when thousands of BGLs entered the economy. Magplant 5000s and Rayman's Fists quickly rose to 2 BGLs before the server went down. All these nearly free BGLs players get from these prizes are constantly increasing inflation. The BGLs from WOTD Trophy Xs and Growie Awards alone that players obtain are more than 1,000 BGLs per year, at the moment, this will only increase as time goes on. Mint Juleps and Golden Dragon Statues increase that amount massively more.

It is very important that Ubistaff would finally decide to interfere with the game's economy, it just can't go on like this anymore. We need huge BGL sinks ASAP to combat inflation. The game is already at a point where, if you start now, you'll never be able to catch up to the the currently rich players since inflation is progressing faster than you can earn locks as a poor player. My net worth went up by 7 Blue Gem Locks in only 2 months by doing nothing. Only because I owned items whose prices rose. I think it took me around 7,000 hours of work to earn my first 7 Blue Gem Locks, while now I don't have to do **** and I just get them out of nowhere in 2 months, which happens to be 1,464 hours. This game has truly became unfair for the newcomers.

Comment

• Climper
      Climper commented
      Editing a comment
      I never said that building a WOTD is particularly easy, Fallen1

However, getting close to 200 Diamond Locks from simply building a world is way too much. Compared to other earning methods, building a WOTD world is a ridiculously easy way of getting rich. If the trophy would be less expensive, for example, 50-100 DLs, I think it would no longer be too big of a prize for something as building a world, but it'd still allow people to build cool and possibly costly worlds using rare blocks without going broke.

• Fallen1
      Fallen1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Climper, there is a lot of competition in building a WOTD. Even if your build is superb, another might be better. If you spend 1 bgl making the world, and do not win, then what happens?

• Climper
      Climper commented
      Editing a comment
      The main reason for the competition around WOTD worlds is due to the WOTD Trophy X being so expensive and winning being highly profitable. Hardly any of the worlds actually cost more than 50 DLs to make, not to even imagine a world costing a BGL. Winning a WOTD doesn't mean that your world has to cost a lot either, a lot of talented builders can make a good-looking, beautiful WOTD winning worlds for only 20-ish DLs and the profit they get from that is just too much compared to the effort. If you are not a good builder, I would not recommend you to build an expensive world, because it does NOT guarantee that you'll win, and if you are going to build an expensive world - do it solely because you want to build an expensive world for yourself, or for your friend, but not because you want to win the WOTD.

Fallen1

Originally posted by Climper View Post
    Although the OP of this thread is a scummy person basically copying JackBowe's idea to his own good, a discussion about inflation and ways to prevent it should be had...
    You make a lot of good points but one I disagree with you on is on the trophies. There are not a cause but merely a symptom of the rampant inflation. The items, on their own, are basically paperweights. Their only "useful" use is in legendary quests, which are ultimately just cosmetics with identical powers available elsewhere. Nobody but the super-rich have any use for these items, so when people with BGLs are fighting over an item it is only natural for their prices to skyrocket.
    This isn't a bad thing imo. It actually does quite a bit for the redistribution of wealth. Those 1000 BGLs you mention don't appear out of thin air, they are taken from rich players, and almost every person who gets a trophy is different. If the inflation in the GT economy wasn't so insane their value in the number of WLs would be a lot less and I doubt that they'd even be a talking point.
    A final point - thanks to higher budgets, WOTD quality in general has increased. I remember when they were all just underground tunnels with spike parkour.
    IGN: ShrimpBait

Surgery in Growtopia
    sigpic

"Domestic Techie"

Comment

• Climper
      Climper commented
      Editing a comment
      The thing with these rare and limited items being part of Legendary Quests is that they rise to insane prices. It is true that the BGLs do not appear from thin air, but from people who're really rich. You could say that these insanely rich people buying these trophies off from poorer players is basically governments printing and spreading money. Someone whose net worth is only a BGL builds a WOTD, then proceeds to sell the trophy for 2 BGLs, has more than doubled his net worth and gotten a lot richer. Now, when this happens close to 400 times a year with only the trophies from winning a WOTD, a lot of players get richer, they can afford to buy their dream items, e.g. Magplant 5000 and Rayman's Fist, it causes these items to rise in price as more demand for them appears and therefore we get greater inflation. People just shouldn't get BGLs this easily.

Originally posted by Law_Growtopia View Post
    As you all know (hopefully), buy+ worlds are crazy expensive now as everyone has a net worth of at least 10+bgls, I'm not complaining about that as I, myself, have already profited 40+bgls this year. My issue regarding wl inflation has become so clear as it has gotten very hard to find a buy+ for the budget of 10-40bgls.

First of all, I would like Ubisoft to add a bot (similar to Locke) that would auction off buy+ with either perma-banned owners, or owners that have quitted long ago and are not coming back (3+years...) Some of you might argue that it's "ethical", however, as of now, there are at least 10 people with 30+bgls pure in their inventory. If Ubisoft decided to somehow add this auction, it would help with wl inflation. But how:

By auctioning off the buy+ worlds, this would happen:

1. BGLS would go to the mod/bot, meaning that they'd cease to exist. In other words, the mod/bot would have those bgls and they'd basically be unusable.
    2. Around 20+ buy+ worth 30+bgls are currently owned by either perma-banned owners/owner who quitted, this means that those worlds can now be opened.

An example of why holding too many bgls is bad for the economy:

Let's say I have 30 pure bgls, and I decide to hoard 50 rlocks, what would happen to the rlock prices? Note that this is only 1 person doing this. Imagine if 10 others do this and start either hoarding for investment, or opening 20+bfg worlds (think of farmable prices in this case).

Real Examples:

1. I had bgls that I did not know what to do with, so I decided to buy 60 rlocks with my friend, and price went up by at least 15 dls (this was a few months ago).

2. Before even JameW7 came up with hoarding g scans, I had 80 already which I bought for 1/100-200 and I later sold 1/550.

3. I hoarded 11 Golden Angels, I bought each 1/100-120 and sold 1/200dls. Hence, the increase in GA price.

4. --> Working on it...

NOTE: I'm fully aware that I'm posting this in the update discussion as this is a major concern regarding wl inflation. If you don't believe me, just look at the sbs, I see at least 10+ sbs of people buying buy+ worth 5-30bgls daily (could be the same people/could be different).

And you are opening this thread; after selling your buy+ worlds for 25-30 bgls each? What now? You didn't find any good and cheap BUY+ world?

Comment

• Komando
      Komando commented
      Editing a comment
      exactly lol he wanted a top buy+ world for 40bgl and got nothing

Originally posted by ForumChatter View Post

And you are opening this thread; after selling your buy+ worlds for 25-30 bgls each? What now? You didn't find any good and cheap BUY+ world?
    Nah, I already bought one and it's now worth 70+bgls. I still got around 30bgls tho, I'm thinking of investing them into something that would get me 10+bgls by the end of December, It's a win-win either way.
    IGN: Law

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2...IxQZYVWvHZeH_Q

"Why be stressed when you have the choice not to"

Comment

• Law_Growtopia
      Law_Growtopia commented
      Editing a comment
      already gotten offered 55 for name only buddy, I own the entire market go eat some jelly before becoming one

• Komando
      Komando commented
      Editing a comment
      show it with actions not with talk a world doesn't jump in the price right after another player own it.

• Law_Growtopia
      Law_Growtopia commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not planning on selling it for 55, I've gotten a legit offer from my friend lmao, I don't need to prove it to a nobody

Mods need to fix the cause not the result.The main cause of WL inflation is from Auto-break so if mod want to heal the WL value back then mods have to create some kinds of Auto Ban system for Auto breaker since the system of nowadays is pretty useless.Other ways is to courage player to gamble their WL into several kinds of item in a different event(Mods already done this thing).
    IGN : Tious

Comment

• Climper
      Climper commented
      Editing a comment
      They are taking care of auto-farmers every day, however, they're not the only cause of inflation. Inflation is bound to happen, even if everyone would play legitimately, and ways to combat it have to be implemented.

Originally posted by Tious View Post
    Mods need to fix the cause not the result.The main cause of WL inflation is from Auto-break so if mod want to heal the WL value back then mods have to create some kinds of Auto Ban system for Auto breaker since the system of nowadays is pretty useless.Other ways is to courage player to gamble their WL into several kinds of item in a different event(Mods already done this thing).
    I agree, they have to update their system that prevents players from auto.

Also I must admit that the devs did a smart move by tricking players to waste their wls in current event.. Smart yet disgusting cunning moves..

Comment

I think you are just jealous cause noob

Comment

Real Examples:

1. I had bgls that I did not know what to do with, so I decided to buy 60 rlocks with my friend, and price went up by at least 15 dls (this was a few months ago).
        this is literally textbook market manipulation...
        please subscrible to my youtube chanenl please im desperate

Comment

• Law_Growtopia
          Law_Growtopia commented
          Editing a comment
          I suggest you google the term "manipulation". Buying a lot of the item does lead to a change in the market, however, this is not what "manipulation" means lmao

• Phantic
          Phantic commented
          Editing a comment
          If we look at the Oxford Dictionary's definition of manipulation (https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionari...ish/manipulate), it is defined as "to control or influence somebody/something, often in a dishonest way." Also, if we look at the definition of market manipulation from investopedia, a reputable economics educator (https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/manipulation.asp), it is defined as "artificially inflating or deflating the price of a security or otherwise influencing the behavior of the market for personal gain." Now, if we look at the price of royal locks from GrowStocks (https://growstocks.xyz/item/Royal+Lock), it outright states that the item is "being heavily manipulated at the moment!" Looking at the graph, you can see a clear-as-day spike due to manipulation over the past year. In our case, you, in the quote above, deliberately admit to manipulating the price of royal locks for your own benefit, saying that you bought 60 royal locks, which was likely most of the market supply at the time, and rising the price.

so are you gonna tell us what's your real intention this time? maybe being able to buy off a good inactive BUY+ world for even more profit?
        IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Liquify View Post
          so are you gonna tell us what's your real intention this time? maybe being able to buy off a good inactive BUY+ world for even more profit?
          I never posted anything that wouldn't benefit me, so yeah. I'm in no hurry as I've already got an investment that could potentially get me 10bgls in the next 1-2 months

Comment

Let take an example if ppl buying world buyances for 50bgl u think that they will sell lesser than it?
            tbh this idea is not good at all just leave it what they supposed to
            Hi there!, Have a gud day xD

Comment

I never posted anything that wouldn't benefit me, so yeah. I'm in no hurry as I've already got an investment that could potentially get me 10bgls in the next 1-2 months
              whats the point of posting here then? i guess you like being the forums punching bag for everyone else lol. You knew your idea wouldn't be appreciated in here because we know your real intentions behind it, im seeing a bad case of narcissism right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Komando View Post

whats the point of posting here then? i guess you like being the forums punching bag for everyone else lol. You knew your idea wouldn't be appreciated in here because we know your real intentions behind it, im seeing a bad case of narcissism right now.
                Don't really care about what others say. All I know is that if I appear in front of them in the game (ikr, imagine when doing this in a game lol), they'll tremble in fear and ask for a sign or donation. Imagine doing this in a game. Funny part is when 90% of the forumers have been to my world, I made my worlds like that on purpose cause I love people's responses, do u really think I care about a bgl or so profit lol.

Comment

• Phyzz
                  Phyzz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  imagine "trembling in fear" to an arrogant no-life loser behind a screen bragging about his in-game riches. couldn't be me

• spotch
                  spotch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A successful person doesn't brag he let others recognize and acknowledge. I genuinely feel like you have mental problems despite your achievements.

• WorldBreaker
                  WorldBreaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No boastibg intended. But a bachelors degree is not that hard. (but it still is an accomplishment) But, studying for 4-5 years is still an easy way, you just pass requirements and just be average and still call yourself "accomplished". I won't debate on this and I do not invalidate your hard work to pass your units. Hehe

Not really a fan of your arrogant demeanor, but this idea is a well needed suggestion.

This game needs a WL-sink ASAP; of course there will always be someone who will have benefit over the majority, but that does negate the fact that this thought is something that this game needs. As the game progress over its player-driven economy, more and more new players will have a hard time coping up with events and new stuffs because the main currency in this game worth so little. It is although worth the mention that this alone for sure won't solve the problem because there are literally thousands of autofarmers that are flooding the market with store-bought world locks everyday. The most efficient thing for devs to do is to do this and to do other probable things as a way of reducing and delaying the inflation, while they are finding solutions on the root cause of this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Kojique View Post
                  Not really a fan of your arrogant demeanor, but this idea is a well needed suggestion.

This game needs a WL-sink ASAP; of course there will always be someone who will have benefit over the majority, but that does negate the fact that this thought is something that this game needs. As the game progress over its player-driven economy, more and more new players will have a hard time coping up with events and new stuffs because the main currency in this game worth so little. It is although worth the mention that this alone for sure won't solve the problem because there are literally thousands of autofarmers that are flooding the market with store-bought world locks everyday. The most efficient thing for devs to do is to do this and to do other probable things as a way of reducing and delaying the inflation, while they are finding solutions on the root cause of this problem.
                  This has been suggested before, but if this ever happens its not fair to only auction the buy+ worlds, there are also these " full word" world names. The HL, SL and BL locked ones that has admins in them. If they decide to do world auction they should also auction other inactive world as it is unfair to only auction "WL" generating worlds
                  Just someone who likes to play mmorpg

Level: 91
                  Acc hrs: 1.2k
                  Acc age: 90 days
                  Target dls: 45/100
                  Item to acquire: Idk yet? But I want a cool wing or cape
                  Suggestions for Paw:
                  Practice Bots
                  Epic Quests: 1

Comment

Working...
                  X