Ultimate Solution For Spammers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Solution For Spammers

I just had the greatest idea while I was AFK in the world LOVE! And I'll just go straight to the point!

So what if Growtopia adds a new feature that prevents a player from speaking when they have been inactive for 10 (or more) minutes.
    And what I mean about inactive is:
    • Haven't move at least 1 or 2 blocks
    • Haven't jump for 1 or 2 blocks
    • Haven't punch at least 10 times
    • Haven't equipped a clothing
    • Haven't use consumables at least 10 times
    Chatting doesn't count because spammers are talking while AFK at the same time. You will need to do at least ONE of these to restart the timer into being an AFK player.

New Feature:
    • When you become inactive (AFK) for 10 or more minutes you won't be able to talk again unless you do one of those requirements (e.g. Move at least 1-2 blocks).
    • (optional) When you become inactive (AFK) a sign above you (similar to the billboard) will appear saying [AFK]
    What do you guys think? Please reply with your feedback...

PS: This is my first time making a poll...
    Sounds good!
    50.00%
    Sounds bad!
    33.33%
    Sounds like I don't care!
    16.67%

i think this is idea!

Comment

Well, I was thinking of a solution to spam bots as well. I thought that having a report button with categories like spam bot would be useful. If multiple people report a person as a spam bot they will get muted for x amount of time. I feel if we merge our ideas we might get a better spam prevention system. Like for example having multiple report buttons with 1 of the categories called spam. If a player gets reported for spam they have to do some tasks mentioned up above or they get muted for x amount of time. I feel like those tasks should be different because people could just make a macro or something to do those tasks. I feel like the task should be like the math system but the place where the question is changes. Overall, I believe that Growtopia really does need a spam prevention system.

Comment

Dude, they can use macro. Idk much about macros tbh, but once one dude used some macro thing on me and he made me respawn (via kicking me) so i couldn't move much from white door and same time he did some jumping thing with his character. so they can add movements, punches, talking, whatever and then this affects only for us, normal players.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveEyes View Post
          Well, I was thinking of a solution to spam bots as well. I thought that having a report button with categories like spam bot would be useful. If multiple people report a person as a spam bot they will get muted for x amount of time. I feel if we merge our ideas we might get a better spam prevention system. Like for example having multiple report buttons with 1 of the categories called spam. If a player gets reported for spam they have to do some tasks mentioned up above or they get muted for x amount of time. I feel like those tasks should be different because people could just make a macro or something to do those tasks. I feel like the task should be like the math system but the place where the question is changes. Overall, I believe that Growtopia really does need a spam prevention system.
          And your friends wouldn't make SB and troll you via asking all report you as a spammer? I have some friends who love troll big time and they would absolutely love this feature... against me or other their friends XD

Comment

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post
            Dude, they can use macro. Idk much about macros tbh, but once one dude used some macro thing on me and he made me respawn (via kicking me) so i couldn't move much from white door and same time he did some jumping thing with his character. so they can add movements, punches, talking, whatever and then this affects only for us, normal players.
            You're right...they can use the auto that they use when they BFG

Comment

• QueenChloe
              QueenChloe commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah. I assume that they can make their character do everything what we can imagine, sadly.. But, they can't reply math questions so idk could someone create some way to proof that u human, what is not too hard, and what wont affect too much on real players but what bot can't solve

Originally posted by QueenChloe View Post

And your friends wouldn't make SB and troll you via asking all report you as a spammer? I have some friends who love troll big time and they would absolutely love this feature... against me or other their friends XD
            I mean growtopia would probably make it a rule (do not abuse the reporting system or face consequences).

Comment

They'll just modify the bot to jump at the last second...
              STOP
              USING
              EXTREMELY
              LONG
              SIGNATURES.

~Orochi

Comment

Working...
              X