No announcement yet.

Love doesn't hate | LGBTQIA+ world project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like this thread will get pretty bad soon, make the world if you want to, i don't care about who you like or who you are as long as you're not toxic.
    You can't contain the unfriendly in-game community, try if you want to. No offense, i have nothing against LGBT folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Erida View Post
      What really ticks me off is the vast lack of misunderstanding and ignorance in this thread alone. Heck, some people just said it’s a choice and political.

Dear OP, as an openly bisexual person I would be more than glad to help create this world with you, as I understand how difficult it is to be self-opressed due to lack of acceptance from peers and not being taught much about sexuality at a young age.

There any many ignorant claims and misunderstandings by users under this thread so let me try explain a few if possible.

1. Being LGBTQ+ isn’t a choice, I did not choose to be attracted to boys and girls and I have been taught that it was a sin and I should never feel this way for the entirety of my upbringing. My family has even been kicked out of our old church because of it. This resulted in my insecurity and self-hatred for many years as I opressed myself and wished ‘why can’t I be normal’. Not to go into specifics but because of these situations I have been subjected to, I have faced some dark thoughts and did some regrettable things. It is very important to be validated, trust me, some lives can depend on it. Now after I have actually been COMFORTED by fellow members of the community, I have come to terms with it and have confidence in my sexuality. It is my normal and I embrace it.

I don’t want anybody to ever go through that, so be it simply a sign in a world saying ‘Don’t be afraid to be you’ or anything else, it can go a really long way. As someone who has faced years of bullying and insecurity over this, I assure you that acceptance from others and being told it’s ok is an extremely important thing. It doesn’t have to be some controversial debate.

2. Sexuality is not political just because it isn’t straight. Saying we can’t bring any discussions in regards to LGBTQ+ in growtopia is basically like saying straight people can’t identify and discuss being straight. However they still do, and in growtopia there is a vast amount of straight players who are under the impression that being LGBTQ+ is bad, its a choice and many other misconceptions. We can’t just simply pretend gay, trans, asexual etc people don’t exist, just because it’s convenient for you.

3. Everybody deserves to be told they are valued and important, it is basically a human requirement to be loved and accepted, with a community that calls me a ‘f*ggot’ or ‘gay’ just because of who I am, it’s genuinely hurtful. My insecurities deeply woven into me are still triggered every single day, and I still have to accept it and not discuss it, however the second somebody actually speaks up for once in the forums you all attack us. It’s discrimination, just like how racism is discrimination however people seem to neglect LGBTQ+ people because it’s more convenient to them, rather than to actually accept that it is affecting people’s lives.

4. We aren’t pushing a gay agenda, if you’re straight? Great! If you’re gay, hurray! If you’re asexual, thats awesome, and so on. Everybody is valid, and should not be forgotten about.
      Look at our argument too. It's not ignorance.

You do NOT need to involve KIDS who don't know better into this.
      Don't pull out the gayphobia card please, look at our argument also.

Nobody here has said that LGBTQABCDEFG people don't deserve to be told that they are valued.
      Nobody here has claimed that it's a choice to be or not to be either.
      Nobody has said that you want to push it on others, but that's what you're trying to do.

I respect all people, I do not disrespect them because of what they like.

I would suggest that if you make this world, don't make it a specific group acceptance, make it about all acceptance, for example religion and race, and how to be nice to all people in general.

For example: teaching kids how to be nice, by teaching them words like "thank you" or compliments in general.

You do not need to make it specific.

Comment

Being any of the LGBT is same as having a small *****. You know people are gonna laugh at you, mock you, insult you for that. If they tell you "Hahahaha James you have a small *****!" Are you gonna say "Yes, so what?" I don't think you would. AND YOU KNOW why is that.

As I said in my last post, being strangely different has its own consequences. If you are already any of the LGBTQABCDEF (I like this) why would you share it wide and loud if YOU KNOW people are gonna hurt you?
        Follow me on instagram: @speedynex
        Find me on Twitter!
        Add me on discord: Nex#5964

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedyNex View Post

As I said in my last post, being strangely different has its own consequences. If you are already any of the LGBTQABCDEF (I like this) why would you share it wide and loud if YOU KNOW people are gonna hurt you?
          We don’t want anybody else go to through what we have endured, I don’t care if this sounds pretentious but most straight cis people will never understand what we have to go through everyday online and offline because of who we are. I’m sure if you researched some statistics on [Trigger Warning] SH you would be extremely surprised. For reasons like these people have made many protests and are making real change all around the real and digital world. However growtopia is still a mainly hateful and homophobic community who genuinely offend LGBTQ+ people.

Take for example how you are currently mocking the community by making an alphabetical mess out of it on purpose, it’s hateful and disrespectful, not edgy and quirky.

We don’t even need to share it to be hated, in the game ‘gay’ and ‘f*ggot’ are already used as insults, we all take a whole lot of sh** from this game and don’t say anything but it’s genuinely hurtful. It should stop even just a little, or we could atleast create a safespace so people aren’t insecure about who they are.
          Yours sincerely,

The embodiment of pure ecstasy.

Comment

We don’t want anybody else go to through what we have endured, I don’t care if this sounds pretentious but most straight cis people will never understand what we have to go through everyday online and offline because of who we are. I’m sure if you researched some statistics on [Trigger Warning] SH you would be extremely surprised. For reasons like these people have made many protests and are making real change all around the real and digital world. However growtopia is still a mainly hateful and homophobic community who genuinely offend LGBTQ+ people.

Take for example how you are currently mocking the community by making an alphabetical mess out of it on purpose, it’s hateful and disrespectful, not edgy and quirky.

We don’t even need to share it to be hated, in the game ‘gay’ and ‘f*ggot’ are already used as insults, we all take a whole lot of sh** from this game and don’t say anything but it’s genuinely hurtful. It should stop even just a little, or we could atleast create a safespace so people aren’t insecure about who they are.
            That's pure hipocricy.

Don't bring this into Growtopia. The best thing to do right now is report the player and /ignore them.

Don't think you're any special from others either, don't act like it.

You can't just slap the 'gayphobia' card to the table for every non-offensive criticism either.

Comment

Originally posted by HugeLock View Post
              That's pure hipocricy.
              How so? Please elaborate.

You can't just slap the 'gayphobia' card to the table either.
              You realise the point of this thread is to try to limit homophobia, transphobia and other forms of hate, then in turn spreading acceptance. It isn’t slapping a card on a table, it’s just the reality we live in.
              Yours sincerely,

Comment

How so? Please elaborate.
                Read my post, I updated it.

Also, take your common sense out of your back pocket and use it.

Comment

What really ticks me off is the vast lack of misunderstanding and ignorance in this thread alone. Heck, some people just said it’s a choice and political.

Dear OP, as an openly bisexual person I would be more than glad to help create this world with you, as I understand how difficult it is to be self-opressed due to lack of acceptance from peers and not being taught much about sexuality at a young age.

There any many ignorant claims and misunderstandings by users under this thread so let me try explain a few if possible.

1. Being LGBTQ+ isn’t a choice, I did not choose to be attracted to boys and girls and I have been taught that it was a sin and I should never feel this way for the entirety of my upbringing. My family has even been kicked out of our old church because of it. This resulted in my insecurity and self-hatred for many years as I opressed myself and wished ‘why can’t I be normal’. Not to go into specifics but because of these situations I have been subjected to, I have faced some dark thoughts and did some regrettable things. It is very important to be validated, trust me, some lives can depend on it. Now after I have actually been COMFORTED by fellow members of the community, I have come to terms with it and have confidence in my sexuality. It is my normal and I embrace it.

I don’t want anybody to ever go through that, so be it simply a sign in a world saying ‘Don’t be afraid to be you’ or anything else, it can go a really long way. As someone who has faced years of bullying and insecurity over this, I assure you that acceptance from others and being told it’s ok is an extremely important thing. It doesn’t have to be some controversial debate.

2. Sexuality is not political just because it isn’t straight. Saying we can’t bring any discussions in regards to LGBTQ+ in growtopia is basically like saying straight people can’t identify and discuss being straight. However they still do, and in growtopia there is a vast amount of straight players who are under the impression that being LGBTQ+ is bad, its a choice and many other misconceptions. We can’t just simply pretend gay, trans, asexual etc people don’t exist, just because it’s convenient for you.

3. Everybody deserves to be told they are valued and important, it is basically a human requirement to be loved and accepted, with a community that calls me a ‘f*ggot’ or ‘gay’ just because of who I am, it’s genuinely hurtful. My insecurities deeply woven into me are still triggered every single day, and I still have to accept it and not discuss it, however the second somebody actually speaks up for once in the forums you all attack us. It’s discrimination, just like how racism is discrimination however people seem to neglect LGBTQ+ people because it’s more convenient to them, rather than to actually accept that it is affecting people’s lives.

4. We aren’t pushing a gay agenda, if you’re straight? Great! If you’re gay, hurray! If you’re asexual, thats awesome, and so on. Everybody is valid, and should not be forgotten about.
                  Thank you for for kind message. Just DM me on discord and I can give you the world name. I don't feel like sharing it 100% out to the public yet.
                  Howdy

Comment

Read my post, I updated it.

Also, take your common sense out of your back pocket and use it.
                    No need to be hostile, also you still don’t explain how I was hypocritical.

The definition to of hypocricy:

‘the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.’

LGBTQ+ people have less rights and less equality in the entire community of growtopia, we are literally shun as the inferior minority, just because I bring it up doesn’t make it hypocricy.
                    Yours sincerely,

Comment

‘the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.’

LGBTQ+ people have less rights and less equality in the entire community of growtopia, we are literally shun as the inferior minority, just because I bring it up doesn’t make it hypocricy.
                      You just contradicted yourself.

Comment

wdym less rights?

Comment

You just contradicted yourself.
                          How so? Elaborate.
                          Yours sincerely,

Comment

How so? Elaborate.
                            Please use your common sense. Are you even reading your own posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Stardust1998 View Post
                              wdym less rights?
                              Someone once asked me if I was gay, I said yes and they removed me, I was their friend for 3 years. That’s for less equal standing.

For less rights, I’ve seen players being taped or banned because they sbed they were gay.
                              Yours sincerely,

Comment

Oh boy... Maybe I should get this thread locked before it gets any worse...
                                Howdy

Comment

Working...
                                X