Wish to improve my WOTD attempt - "TheLongedSolitude"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish to improve my WOTD attempt - "TheLongedSolitude"

It's not a hard world, so make sure to beat it first! Tell me everything and anything I can improve, and just your thoughts regarding the world. Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	thelongedsolitude.png
Views:	3
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	6719915

Okay so I paid the world a visit and I must say I'm impressed. You really have a talent at decoration details, and the jumps were so simple yet fun! I did finish the world in 36:28, and I'd say it deserves wotd, however I do have some nitpicks:
    The world felt out of context, for me at least, everything just seemed very random. I'm almost sure that's what you wanted to achieve, but many people -including me- would just get confused and focus on gameplay instead of the story.
    I know that your world promotes thinking, but some parts are just hard to spot and require guessing. It took me alot of time to notice how I could reach your first torch, or how to get through the carnival part. I don't want them to be made easier, just maybe abit less confusing.
    The render seems abit random as everything is clumped up together, but who am I to judge renders XD
    If a world with this render could win, yours deserves a win for sure!

Good luck on your nomination, I expect to see your world in the /news soon
    "You don't have to brush all your teeth, only the ones you want to keep."

Comment

Here's the updated version: Click image for larger version

Name:	thelongedsolitude.png
Views:	3
Size:	765.2 KB
ID:	6600556

Big thanks to ooopsi for the feedback! Didn't reply to his post since we talked about it in-game.

Still looking for more feedback!

Comment

Bump ^^^^^

Comment

can't visit rn, but judging from zooming into the render, I can tell it has a unique and interesting way for going through the obstacles. But the render and in game wise will look very messy and most people won't find it as an aesthetically pleasing world. Usually, the best way to catch their attention in the WOTD thread are good renders that come first (judging from my observation of the past wotds)
          IGN : Liquify

support my wholesome Axolotl thread!

Comment

you should submit INFINITELOOP
            ”even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise."

ign: phantic
            discord: darkphantic#7895

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Liquify View Post
              can't visit rn, but judging from zooming into the render, I can tell it has a unique and interesting way for going through the obstacles. But the render and in game wise will look very messy and most people won't find it as an aesthetically pleasing world. Usually, the best way to catch their attention in the WOTD thread are good renders that come first (judging from my observation of the past wotds)
              Despite knowing that, I decided to (a good while ago) disregard renders for the sake of building how I want to. And well, the render of this is something I cannot change.. The strongest point of this, yes, is the gameplay. It's messy, but that's how I build - I don't like having any corner empty, so I just flood everything with designs. I will try making it less messy the next time I build a world. Do you think—if it keeps getting ignored—I should diminish the design? Personally, as much as I want it to win, sacrificing something I'm satisfied with breaks my heart...

Originally posted by Phantic View Post
              you should submit INFINITELOOP
              That's not getting submitted until I finish building room designs and the outside; my poor long-dreamed mental hospital right atop all the rooms needs its place in the wonderful Growtopia's website.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ego View Post
                Despite knowing that, I decided to (a good while ago) disregard renders for the sake of building how I want to. And well, the render of this is something I cannot change.. The strongest point of this, yes, is the gameplay. It's messy, but that's how I build - I don't like having any corner empty, so I just flood everything with designs. I will try making it less messy the next time I build a world. Do you think—if it keeps getting ignored—I should diminish the design? Personally, as much as I want it to win, sacrificing something I'm satisfied with breaks my heart...
                personally, I think a lot of changes need to be done around, like there are a lot of random blocks/trees around but that won't always increase the chance of winning if your render is still bad (they tend to judge like this, frustrating I know).

Comment

..the world is.. certainly... something

░▒▓███████▓▒░
                  ▷▷Retired poster◁◁
                  ░▒▓███████▓▒░
                  ┅⊏⧖⊐┅
                  ▽⧩▼▼▼⧨▽
                  Random stuff in GOLA
                  ▲◭△△△◮▲
                  ┅⊏⧖⊐┅

Comment

Originally posted by Liquify View Post
                    personally, I think a lot of changes need to be done around, like there are a lot of random blocks/trees around but that won't always increase the chance of winning if your render is still bad (they tend to judge like this, frustrating I know).
                    But all of those are for decorative purposes? If I remove them, those certain places look empty when played in-game.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ego View Post
                      But all of those are for decorative purposes? If I remove them, those certain places look empty when played in-game.
                      those decorations seems out of place in my opinion, like random places blocks and all doesn't fit :/

Comment

This world is pretty insane to play through, definitely some support from me.

The render is pretty ugly and the theme (story??) is weird, but it was still a very exciting adventure.

Discord - https://discord.gg/jenulot/
                        Twitch - https://twitch.tv/jenulot/
                        YouTube - https://youtube.com/c/jenulot/
                        Instagram/Twitter - @Anulot_GT

Comment

Working...
                        X