Thoughts on LochNessMonster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on LochNessMonster

Hi! I am submitting my world 'LOCHNESSMONSTER' for my WOTD attempt. My IGN is Stuy.

I was wondering if I can get some of your opinions

Context: the Loch Ness Monster is part of Scottish Folklore said to inhabit the Scottish highlands. It is said to have a long neck and has a hump protruding the waters (although all photo references are blurred). The monster gained notoriety after a photograph was uncovered in the 1930s which attracted the attention of many onlookers and skeptics. As a result, many types of research were done to confirm its existence, although all attempts were unsuccessful.

Description: it is sixth century AD, the first mention of the existence of the Loch Ness Monster. As an avid explorer with a passion for discovery, you find yourself extremely interested in tracking down this legendary beast. After months and months of research, you still do not know where its location might be. However, on a random morning, you find a map on your doorsteps. Your gut tells you this is the map to find the Loch Ness Monster. Now sailing, you finally reached your first destination!

This world contains five unique parkour stages
    Ship: To complete this level, you must grab the rope on the bottom of the ship to get to the next stage while avoiding the deathtrap walls, tricksters, and up-up away block
    Ocean: To pass this stage, you have to complete the underwater-themed parkour under five minutes while carrying a key and avoiding the sea creatures
    Cave: To get through this part, you must go around the dark cave and find the three torches which will let you open the door
    Forest: To pass this level, you must deliver two gorillas bananas in order to reach the crystal goblets in their hiding spots (you must be careful and avoid the traps!)
    Clouds: As for the final step, you have to bring the idol to the door while avoiding the tricksters on the clouds and the gravity wells on the floating island!
    And a secret level!

Features:
    - Has all the necessary jammers: Punch, Zombie, Ghost Guardian, Firehouse, and Xenonite (with force double jump so new players can play!).
    - Original pixel art of the Loch Ness Monster
    - Added new blocks from the Startopia 2.0, Super Pineapple Party 2020, and the new SummerFest 2020
    Including moon lamp, space dirt, decayed statue block, pineapple lamp, stone pineapple, hammock, message in a bottle, and more... sadly it does not show up in the render).
    - Has a detailed storyline
    - VIP Section for players who beat the game
    - Password door (with clues located in the end-stage that you have to unscramble)
    - Facts about the Loch Ness Monster around the world
    - Gave credit at the guestbook near the white door

Update: I added and changed many things in my world, here is the latest render:

Click image for larger version

Name:	lochnessmonster.png
Views:	3
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	6721500

Thank you!
    Last edited by Nirvana; 07-11-2020, 01:40 AM.

Constructive criticism of the render - not to be taken to heart:

There are too many elements and styles used. The speckled floating island, is vastly different to the other parts of the world - it should be made more uniform. Clouds are usually not a good solution for filling up space. Perhaps find another way to fill up the sky. The boat's shape could be improved by a bit - brown blocks aren't the optimal blocks either. Consider using mission blocks or wooden crates; or find another alternative. The bottom-most layer doesn't make much sense. Maybe expand the sand layer to until bedrock. Consider covering the sand blocks with water too - to make it more like a lake.

I didn't bother detailing the layout concept, however, I'd propose something akin to this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	6605942

Comment

Originally posted by Kranken View Post
      Constructive criticism of the render - not to be taken to heart:

There are too many elements and styles used. The speckled floating island, is vastly different to the other parts of the world - it should be made more uniform. Clouds are usually not a good solution for filling up space. Perhaps find another way to fill up the sky. The boat's shape could be improved by a bit - brown blocks aren't the optimal blocks either. Consider using mission blocks or wooden crates; or find another alternative. The bottom-most layer doesn't make much sense. Maybe expand the sand layer to until bedrock. Consider covering the sand blocks with water too - to make it more like a lake.

I didn't bother detailing the layout concept, however, I'd propose something akin to this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]242269[/ATTACH]
      Thanks for the comments, they are really useful!

Comment

bump I changed stuff! Open to criticism!

Comment

bump... (10 char)

Comment

bump again lol

Comment

Bump!!

Comment

bump lol

Comment

bump again, this thread has over 1000 views too

Comment

Working...