Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for "UFOVILLAGE"

Hi! I would like to nominate my world UFOVILLAGE. My IGN is "Stuy."

Context: You are a private investigator who spent his life dedicated to uncovering and learning about paranormal and extraordinary activities. After searching for the existence of UFOs for quite a long time, you get a tip that a cliff-side village has been dealing with strange UFO activities for a long time now. From your research, you find out that there are three statues in the village that, when all found, may possibly allow the user to find a UFO. With this understanding, you make way into the village, learning about the experiences of the residents, and searching for the statues!

World Includes:

Updated (New Fixes): Made the sky section more aesthetically pleasing and removed some spikes on top.
    • A detailed storyline and unique stories of UFO encounter from different villagers that allow for active exploration (NPCs).
    • Pixel art of a UFO (that serves as a VIP Room!).
    • Includes riddles and parkours. I used many different mechanisms such as deathtrap wall, gravity wells, up-up away block, sun gate, tricksters, the new ghost blocks, etc.
    • Includes new blocks from Startopia 2.0 (moon lamp, decayed statue) and SummerFest 2020 (hammock, inflatable dolphin, life ring, message-in-a-bottle), AND PAW 2020 (infinity weather machine and ghost blocks).
    • Facts about UFOs around the world!
    • Includes all the necessary jammers such as Punch Jammer, Zombie Jammer, Ghost Charm, Firehouse, and Xenonite (so the world is new-player friendly!).
    • Gave credit on the left side of the white door!
    • Used paint and checkpoints!

‚Äč
    Last edited by Nirvana; 09-07-2020, 03:36 PM.

any tips/suggestions?

Comment

the underground area has nice block choice, albeit cliche. Color scheme is nice. UFO could use a bit more work, esp the beam (you could even use paint to achieve this)
      I crave for attention so don't give me any

goals i rly want people to read so i made a sentence with reverse psychology so that they do:

Comment

• Nirvana
        Nirvana commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you recommend me using different types of blocks for the UFO itself and painting the beam with a subtle yellow or a different color?

One very interesting way I know of is using hedge/foliage (depends on if you want them to be solid or not) as the beams, painted to your likings. They give the beams a more "3d" outlook. In fact I've used this successfully in one of my WOTDs, it seems.
      I crave for attention so don't give me any

goals i rly want people to read so i made a sentence with reverse psychology so that they do:

Comment

Originally posted by Notavailable View Post
        One very interesting way I know of is using hedge/foliage (depends on if you want them to be solid or not) as the beams, painted to your likings. They give the beams a more "3d" outlook. In fact I've used this successfully in one of my WOTDs, it seems.
        Could you show an example

Comment

• Nirvana
          Nirvana commented
          Editing a comment
          I think NotAvailable meant replacing the yellow wallpaper with foliage/hedge and just painting them a different color (correct me if I am wrong).

• Notavailable
          Notavailable commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah, that's what I meant. I'll find a pic of my old wotd if there's still 1

Goodluck with your worlds^

Comment

Bump

Comment

Suggestions?

Comment

Bump

Comment

great world, good luck

Comment

Lol bump

Comment