I just can't seem to win WOTD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just can't seem to win WOTD...

I recently built my world called VPARKOUR, which cost me 20dls and a lot of work. The world has a good song, unique design, many new parkour elements (such as mystery doors, cubits, clash blocks, howler, steam level and much more) and a nice name. However I can't seem to win wotd with it. I nominated it for over a month now but it never wins! What did I do wrong? Is there something I'm ignorant of?
    Also notice that the render is bugged, so some levels look empty but they aren't in reality.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_190675.png Views:	0 Size:	636.0 KB ID:	6928313
    Wassup

i mean imo the world doesnt desverse WOTD, im pretty sure a world with this design won before. and tbh its kinda ugly. the parkour looks generic from the render. Name and price are not a factor here.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyroboy View Post
      i mean imo the world doesnt desverse WOTD, im pretty sure a world with this design won before. and tbh its kinda ugly. the parkour looks generic from the render. Name and price are not a factor here.
      How is it generic? Have you even visited it?
      Wassup

Comment

you have rock farms what do u expect
        Certified Balloon Wars pro (3x MVP in 2 wars)
        ALSO IGN: CringeAF (PC/MOBILE)
        IGN: MrMine8 (XBOX)

discord: WillyWongChoi#5501

Comment

Originally posted by iiMeowGT View Post
          you have rock farms what do u expect
          I can remove them I didn't know that is a big problem
          Wassup

Comment

As far as I know for WOTD nominations, if there is a portal that leads to a shop, vend, or rock, it will usually reduce the nomination value right?
            Last Project this year 2020 in growtopia Week 1:world planner+breaking all farmable

Comment

Originally posted by RIDWANNSGT View Post
              As far as I know for WOTD nominations, if there is a portal that leads to a shop, vend, or rock, it will usually reduce the nomination value right?
              I didnt know rocks were an issue, I will remove them
              Wassup

Comment

Hey Epikur,

First of all, I want to congratulate you for completing the world, I can tell that you spent a lot of time on it. Looking at your render and your description, it seems like you just have a bit of everything going on. I can see that you wanted to be creative and different, but sometimes simple is the way to go. Stick with a theme and go with it.

I visited your world and tried the parkour out. It felt repetitive and it seem like you wanted to fill up the world as much as possible causing your world to be really cramped, leaving you with limited space to create something different.

Overall, the world was okay. WOTD has gotten really competitive and if you want to win then you’ll have to make pretty major changes to outshine the rest of the competitors. Fixing the world might actually be more work than creating a new one, but the choice is totally up to you. I’d recommend using a world planner and asking for feedback before you build next time, This way you can make changes and reduce the cost of material used. I hope you take everything as experience and learn from this. Good luck with your WOTD journey!
                IGN: KRAG

Comment

ive been nominating CERULEANLAND for over 3 months and they didnt gave me the glorious trophy, still salty about it but ive only see you nominating it around like 5 times, maybe less that that? like i know some people won on their first nomiation but still, that world isnt good for wotd.

also....

Click image for larger version  Name:	unknown.png?width=1227&height=595.png Views:	0 Size:	257.5 KB ID:	6928378

i am the one who built the world, i know its a commission but you didnt even credited me and put it so that it looks like you built the entire world by yourself, which is false. yeah you built the world in the game but ive gave you the picture of the world made in the planner, you specifically said that you wont nominate this for wotd, so i made a generic looking world in hopes that its just gonna be used as a normal parkour that everyday people who just come and go, I know that XPARKOUR, your other world became wotd but that crap looks like made and got wotd 2-3 years ago. The atmosphere of the competition changes because of the rising of the price of the wotd trophy, if you are going to submit a generic looking wotd, its not rocket science that your's will not be picked because there are other astethically pleasing worlds with parkour and other interesting stuff built in it compared to your world.
                  IGN: MadMewMew

Discord: Gey phemus#6243
                  IG: madmewmew_gt

Comment

• Warfreak10
                    Warfreak10 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "i didnt say im not going to nominate it"
                    didnt = -
                    not = -
                    - x - = +
                    it same like i say im going to nominate it

I think this design has won before

Comment

jus pretty messy imo
                    ign: thiel
                    discord: thiel4usgt#4108
                    ig: thiel4us
                    donate in thieldonate
                    sry if mi bad english

Comment

• Rimuoi
                      Rimuoi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Cries aaaaa my Wotd attempt Messy 😭

With real prize? If with I want to finish this parkour
                    LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Kfbun View Post
                      ive been nominating CERULEANLAND for over 3 months and they didnt gave me the glorious trophy, still salty about it but ive only see you nominating it around like 5 times, maybe less that that? like i know some people won on their first nomiation but still, that world isnt good for wotd.

also....

Click image for larger version Name:	unknown.png?width=1227&height=595.png Views:	0 Size:	257.5 KB ID:	6928378

i am the one who built the world, i know its a commission but you didnt even credited me and put it so that it looks like you built the entire world by yourself, which is false. yeah you built the world in the game but ive gave you the picture of the world made in the planner, you specifically said that you wont nominate this for wotd, so i made a generic looking world in hopes that its just gonna be used as a normal parkour that everyday people who just come and go, I know that XPARKOUR, your other world became wotd but that crap looks like made and got wotd 2-3 years ago. The atmosphere of the competition changes because of the rising of the price of the wotd trophy, if you are going to submit a generic looking wotd, its not rocket science that your's will not be picked because there are other astethically pleasing worlds with parkour and other interesting stuff built in it compared to your world.
                      What's wrong with you? On the screenshot I clearly said I was going to nominate the world and if it was a problem for you I would plan the world myself. Also I credited you on the bulletin board right at the spawn.
                      Wassup

Comment

Cries in 7 months of nominating my world ;-;
                        My Face When I Won A Giveaway

sigpic

About Me

My Goals

If You Need Help Or Question Don't Bother Ask Meh I Will Answer ASAP

Comment

That's definely not a 20DL world thats for sure

Secret Santa 2020

Comment

Working...
                          X